Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Penguin - feel fluffy!!!!!
    I got a neg at the docs at 4 and half weeks and I was preg with twins til 8 weeks!!! Now still one healthy baba!
    Men are so stupid.... And old people ( don't start me on ur experience Caroline I'd never stop!!)

Applesock - get to the gp, being proactive made me feel alot more in control and happier!

Hope u all ok, I'm keeping an eye Herron all my buddies, join me soon... Miss ye!

P.s barbiegirl... Welcome back!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Huggles for penguin bars xxx My doctor can be a bit like that, as DL said, think fluffy thoughts. You're in my prayers everyday xxx

My son is sick, I think it's a bug. He suffers with migraine which affects kids gastrically...but this is different...the poor mite was vomiting for 3 hours straight. My head hurts...I need to have sex...need to, not want to hahaha...AAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    My ovaries are having a party and I'm just the host. How the fcuk am I supposed to get jiggy to make a baby when all I want to do is sit in the corner rocking gently. ALONE.

Ah, better:cool:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Huggles for penguin bars xxx My doctor can be a bit like that, as DL said, think fluffy thoughts. You're in my prayers everyday xxx

My son is sick, I think it's a bug. He suffers with migraine which affects kids gastrically...but this is different...the poor mite was vomiting for 3 hours straight. My head hurts...I need to have sex...need to, not want to hahaha...AAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    My ovaries are having a party and I'm just the host. How the fcuk am I supposed to get jiggy to make a baby when all I want to do is sit in the corner rocking gently. ALONE.

...Angry Sex. OH came in one day fed up, had a crap day at work, told him that I was ovulating and he did this pretend toddler fit wailing "its not fair! Leave me alone" and pouting for the crack. Told him he can have angry sex if he wants, but he would not get out of giving me the ride. Ergo, Angry Sex. The shag you have when you want to be be left the hell alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Lucyfur wrote: »

PMSL :p:p:p

You'll be grand! Hope your boy is ok, poor wee thing.

Penguin, doctors are never fluffy - fact. Let's all be fluffy together, 1-2-3 FLUFFY!!!!!!! This baby is a keeper - end of! You're tests are still gonna be light at this stage, try not to worry. Oh yeh, no thanks on the lift I'll take the bus ;):p

Personally, I don't buy into the 'wait 12 weeks' theory. Fair enough don't tell everyone, and certainly not work people, but family - they will be the ones there to support you when things go right or wrong. After all, when I had the m/c I told all my close family, which made me think why did I not tell them I was pg in the first place (only told my mam), KWIM :)

:) He's well improved now:) I hate when he's sick, autism and violent sickness do NOT go hand in hand :(

Totally agree on the 12 week thing. The first trimester is when you need a bitta support.

FLUFFY FLUFFY FLUFFY :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bubu2013

hi all im new to this site.. im ttc for nearly a year now. its so frustrating.. im being readig everyone's post got a lot info from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

5 Pengiun, I had my first GP appointment today also (bit late as I decided to wait until I finished up in work), my appointment was a v.matter of fact kind of thing too, blood pressure, urine tested, take folic acid etc. got my referral letter and EDD and was sent on my way, couldn't believe I'd paid €55 for that :p
    I guess it's just another day in the office for GPs :rolleyes:
    Anyway I hope you are getting plenty of fluffy feelings here :)

Lucyfur I hope your little man is feeling better and you get some time for some lovin'!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Penguin, your GP and mine must have done the same tutorial with regards conversing with pregnant women, though I wouldn't mind having that conversation again now that I would love to be pregnant.

Though my toddler decided to pull every muscle south of my shoulder blades before I put him to bed, the little terror!!!!

Bubu2013, welcome, hope you don't have to spend too much time with us here before going over to the Pregnancy thread :D x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 5 penguins bars

Thanks a mill for your replies ladies, you're the best x :D

I'm feeling a wee bit more upbeat about things today & to be honest taking each day that passes uneventfully as a good one & one that's bringing me closer to having this little baba.
    Also, I tackled the front seat furiously with dettol & boiling water so that's sorted now!

I think I'll wait til the 8 week mark (& after I have the first scan at the epu) before I tell the family.
    I did tell my boss, but only because there's a fair bit of heavy lifting involved & I don't want to be taking unnecessary risks.

Oh Lucyfur I know only too well that feeling of 'I need to have sex to make a baby but really could not be ar$ed at this moment in time!' , especially if you've spent the day mopping up sick- though I like the thoughts of angry sex as an alternative :D:D
    I hope your son is well on the mend now. :)

Dublinlady that's really reassuring to know that you had the same scenario with your tests, thanks for letting me know :)

I rang the hospital today & it was a case of don't call us..we'll call you! though on the upside they will see us when I'm 8 weeks for my first scan so if I make it to 8 weeks in one piece I'll be a very happy bunny :)

Thanks Tigeress, only very mild sickness so far, some headaches & dizziness but its very early days yet. When I was pregnant with my daughter it was like hitting a wall the combination of sickness and tiredness.
    Its gas, I can't wait for that to start now, I'll take it as a good sign!

Wolfpawnpat, hopefully you'll get your bfp soon & we can give out together about our GPs :)

Thanks again ladies for all your kind words, you've made me feel a million times better about things - I'd be lost without each & every one of ye x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bubu2013

thanks wolfpawnat... hopefully not to long :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Welcome bubu2013 & the very best of luck with your ttc journey, hopefully it wont be long til you get your positive result :)

i'll_try_again I think the best thing to do is to familiarise yourself with your monthly cycle & identify when you're ovulating so you are doing the deed at the right time. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I had my scan this morning and there is nothing left so it was a complete m/c so thankfully no need for a d/c.
    They did a preg test and it came back negative.
    Doc says to wait at least 1 cycle before we go again and as much as I really want to try now and every day I might actually take her advice...
    I might stick around this thread for a while ye girls have been a comfort as I haven`t told my friends and family I was pregnant and any I`ve mentioned it to since weren`t too sympathetic.
    One friend was great but I can`t keep talking about it either but still feel I need to, to get it out of my system or something?!?!

Fri.day, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time :(
    It is very good that you've got the all clear from the hospital today & don't need a D&C.

I'm sorry also that your friends haven't been there for you. It might not be intentional, they might just not know what to say.
    It might be better in a way that they're not saying much, as the people that give you all well intended the platitudes like 'it wasn't mean't to be' or 'isn't it a good sign that you got pregnant at all' can be more irritating/upsetting.

Feel free to vent here all you want, I would've been lost after my loss without all the lovely lovely ladies here to talk to.
    I know what you mean by needing to get it out of your system, for a long time after I only felt better when I talked/typed through what I was feeling about it.

I think you're right to take a month out, get yourself a good tonic or multivitamin to boost yourself as the loss can take a lot out of you physically as well as mentally.

Take care of yourself x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Hey everyone. Haven't posted in a while but have been reading whenever I got a sec. Hope the mamas to be are all well and the hopefuls are , well still hoping :)

I'm sorry but I can't recall names as I post but for those who are getting hard times about getting pregnant, just excuse yourself from the conversation. Make the interegator feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. As much as I would love to tell them to F right off, I wouldn't give hem the excuse to say I'm rude.

For me, I've moved jobs so am dead busy right now. On day 30 of my 3rd cycle since coming of the pill. Last months cycle was 37 days so i think I ovulated around day 22 although I don't get positives on opk. At the
    P though I still have alot of cm which is odd. Really wanting it to be a sign of serling but I doubt it. What you all think?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Fri.day, I am so sorry for your loss. Many here know exactly what you are going through unfortunately. You will find good support here. There is also a bereavement forum under Soc>Personal>Bereavement, and there was a thread started by a lady grieving her lost baby too. You might find it a comfort to you to post there also. (Hugs)

Me? Today I had my CD12 Dildocam. Getting quite used to them, having had so many of them, firing the legs up in the air like a right hussy I am. :p

So, thanks to the Clomid, I am the proud owner of two 19mm follicles on the left, and a whopper of a 24mm on the right. The nurse told us she would talk to the consultant and let us know later whether we would have a cancelled cycle due to the three, or go ahead. So later today nurse rang to tell us that the Dr told us to go ahead. I will inject the trigger in a while, and we do the durty before ovulation and after - which works out at tomorrow evening and friday evening.

We were so sure that it would be cancelled like the June cycle was - we had three follicles then too - goes to show, different doctors, different take on it.

Dreamt I had a newborn girl last night. Probably because of the looming clinic appointment today, woke up feeling like it would happen someday for me.

Neyite wrote: »
    Me? Today I had my CD12 Dildocam. Getting quite used to them, having had so many of them, firing the legs up in the air like a right hussy I am. :p

So, thanks to the Clomid, I am the proud owner of two 19mm follicles on the left, and a whopper of a 24mm on the right. The nurse told us she would talk to the consultant and let us know later whether we would have a cancelled cycle due to the three, or go ahead. So later today nurse rang to tell us that the Dr told us to go ahead. I will inject the trigger in a while, and we do the durty before ovulation and after - which works out at tomorrow evening and friday evening.

We were so sure that it would be cancelled like the June cycle was - we had three follicles then too - goes to show, different doctors, different take on it.

Dreamt I had a newborn girl last night. Probably because of the looming clinic appointment today, woke up feeling like it would happen someday for me.

Woohoo!!!! Fantastic news on your growing eggies!!! fingers, toes & all else crossed that you'll get your BFP this month.
    I really hope your dream is a very good omen :)

Newbie I was like that the past 2 months, getting egg white cm a week apart, it was odd almost like I'd ovulated twice but I don't think that's possible? :confused:

Neyite wrote: »

teeeehheeee he he he!! :D where else would ya get a sentence like that!!! Thank god for this thread...if only other women knew.....it would terrify most who haven't yet considered babies etc, bless them...they still think a click of the fingers (or one quick shag) and its done! The plus side to all of this is being proactive, if you dont know theres something wrong it cant be fixed!
    Seriously good luck with the trigger etc, i really hope that whopper 24mm has ur babies name written al over it!!! or all three for that matter!! ;)

Capri - not sure about normally but the doctor wreckoned thats how i got my twins....ovulating twice a few days apart...and actually i did have muchos egg white that month! who knows tho :confused:

Fri.day - im so sorry for your loss. :( Most of us here have been there and no how hopeless and bereft you feel. There are no words of comfort really, but talking about it really helped me. I found that the ladies on this thread were the only ones who were happy to hear how i was feeling in all the ugly truth of it. it is a dark time for the strongest of people. Dont ever feel you should feel better at a certain point or should behave in a certain way, or even feel bad if you start to feel better sooner than u thought you would, its a different experience for everyone, the main thing is that you know your not on your own, everyone here is happy to listen and help ease your pain in any small way we can, x

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Hi all. I haven't been on here for a awhile, I hope everyone is dpoing well.
    Fri.day I'm so sorry for your loss, I really dont know what to say other than we are all here for you. I hope somebody close is giving you a big hug.

Carolinespring, I'd like to say I'm shocked and surprised at the comments you had last weekend. Some people just really don't engage their brain. I've had similar comments, although not as bad as yours, I can't believe you held your cool.

So I'm due my period this weekend. I've not symptoms at all. I usually feel really tired, bloated and iritated. So this morning I did one of the cheapy tests. The control line was really clear and there was a line underneath it but it is really faint. My OH said not to get the hopes up. I'm going to get the good tests on the wa home and test again. So I dunno. I'm just very confused:confused:

Hi all. I haven't been on here for a awhile, I hope everyone is dpoing well.
    Fri.day I'm so sorry for your loss, I really dont know what to say other than we are all here for you. I hope somebody close is giving you a big hug.

Carolinespring, I'd like to say I'm shocked and surprised at the comments you had last weekend. Some people just really don't engage their brain. I've had similar comments, although not as bad as yours, I can't believe you held your cool.

So I'm due my period this weekend. I've not symptoms at all. I usually feel really tired, bloated and iritated. So this morning I did one of the cheapy tests. The control line was really clear and there was a line underneath it but it is really faint. My OH said not to get the hopes up. I'm going to get the good tests on the wa home and test again. So I dunno. I'm just very confused:confused:

OMG custard cream!! A line is a line!!!! Faint or not!! Try a first response as they the most sensitive!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!!:)

So this morning I did one of the cheapy tests. The control line was really clear and there was a line underneath it but it is really faint. My OH said not to get the hopes up. I'm going to get the good tests on the wa home and test again. So I dunno. I'm just very confused:confused:

You can get a false negative on tests, but not a false positive, unless you are on hormone injections. it tests for a hormone found only in pregnancy.

!!!! Congrats!!!! you got a POSITIVE !!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: unless its an evaporation line - that you left the test for hours to dry out, in which case maybe its not. But if the line appeared in the alloted time then you are pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Custard Cream get that first response test done, but as the others say a line is a line, massive congrats.

I hope so. I'm very nervous now; I hope I'm not getting my hopes up. As I said it was very faint. I know it sounds weird but I actually feel a bit guilty posting it on here. I read some of the trials a few of you are going through and I can't help but feel guilty. Having said that the past year has been tough going and with my husband's treatment a couple of years ago I really didn't think it was going to happen. Fingers crossed anyway I'll keep you up to date if I get a positive on the other tests.

I hope so. I'm very nervous now; I hope I'm not getting my hopes up. As I said it was very faint. I know it sounds weird but I actually feel a bit guilty posting it on here. I read some of the trials a few of you are going through and I can't help but feel guilty. Having said that the past year has been tough going and with my husband's treatment a couple of years ago I really didn't think it was going to happen. Fingers crossed anyway I'll keep you up to date if I get a positive on the other tests.

Dont feel bad, certainly not over such great news. We are all on this journey, and some of us get lucky quicker than others. Thats why I love this thread - I dont want to join a forum that happy news cant be celebrated due to the sensitivities of others, fine for some women, its just not for me.

I've been long term TTC, and believe me, I know how hard it is when people around you announce good news, (thats when I come here for a cry and a rant) but I cant let myself wallow in that either, its not going to do me any favours. I am facing into our children being 'engineered' by doctors, and I need to be tough for that road. Tiptoeing around me or my partner is not gonna help us on that road.

I like to hear good news.:) It makes me feel like I will get to shout it from the rooftops someday, and my friends here on this thread will be there to share my happiness after sharing all my down days with me.

I think you had your own trials with your husbands treatment. Maybe you are owed a break? Enjoy your wonderful news.

We injected me last night at home for the first time. Our coffee table looked like Amy Winehouses (too soon?), with the vials, syringes, swabs, wrappers and different sized needles scattered around it. Jaysis. So I ovulate between 7.30 and 9.30 am tomorrow. How precise is that?

wow that's precise! Nice lazy morning in bed for you tomorrow so, some afternoon delight maybe:D

OH CONGRATS CUSTARD CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

As Neyite said, don't feel bad, we're all here to share the trials and tribulations of TTC:D

I'm ovulating and as per usual, I feel sh!ttier now than I do when my period arrives. I'm being a bit stubborn at the mo...I'm also being a pessimistic @rsehole...I've told my OH that if I have another miscarriage/ectopic that I'm buying 20 fags and smoking til I'm sick.

Little ray of sunshine that I am hahahaha

OMG Custard Cream CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    abso-friggin-lutely delired for you!!!

A positive is a positive is a positive faint or not. My first positive was using one of those cheapies & whereas the control line was dark pink; the test line was very light & barely visible.
    However when I got the clearblue test that tells you how long you're gone it popped up 'pregnant' superfast. No denying it!!

Omg I'm absolutely delighted for you & your partner!
    I know the first few days after you get the results are disbelief/nerves etc but I hope you'll start enjoying your happy news soon!

Lol @ Neyite nah don't think its too soon for that kind of joke, I've been texted much worse recently!
    Fingers crossed this is a positive cycle for you. I'm seriously impressed at how specific the tests are that it can show you within a 2 hour time frame when you're ovulating!
    Here's hoping one of those three lovely eggies does their job!

Lucyfur fingers crossed the ovulation pains this month are a good sign that all is working & you'll get your positive soon also.

Fingers crossed this is a positive cycle for you. I'm seriously impressed at how specific the tests are that it can show you within a 2 hour time frame when you're ovulating!
    Here's hoping one of those three lovely eggies does their job!

Not quite the tests, but you ovulate 34 -36 hrs after injecting the Pregnyl so thats how I know. I dont do the pee sticks anymore, because its a bit pointless with the OPK, and I cant test until about 3 days past the due period date for pregnancy due to the injection containing the hormone that can give you a false positive.

Hopefully 3 follies will contain a couple of eggs at least, and having a shag before and after will do the trick.

Lucyfur - we are Ovulating buddies! though like you, I am awfully moody today.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Thanks for yer kind words and congrats to those sweet positives...!
    There certainly a hell of a lot of emotions on this here thread and half the time I don`t know whether to laugh or cry so I`m doing both!
    I took 2 tests this morning (preg and OPK) both were negative so that`s that line drawn in the sand and ill start again.
    I got myself a little kitten and he is such a cutie he gives me a good giggle and he`s a fantastic distraction with his antics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

oh custard cream how exciting

its ovulation station here trying to drag the OH to the room while being as snappy & moody!! haha

oh Fri.Day i also got a Kitten great to take your mind of things :)

• Advertisement

I just told my OH that I want to have sex about as much as I want to stick my head in a pile of cow sh!te:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Horrible Lucyfur is horrible :o:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement