Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

ashl fingers crossed for you - I of course couldn't wait and did a clear blue digital tonight - not pregnant! And hubby isn't home tonight or Friday so won't see him til I finish work on Sat - feeling rubbish :(

Big hugs Angeldelight, I hate that time of the month when you are late and start to believe, why are pregnancy symptoms for simular to pre period symptoms, it's SO UNFAIR!!!!

I have an irregular cycle, so I am never quite sure if I am late or its just a long cycle. I have tried to stop testing when I think I am late, as someone once said on here it's almost easier to get AF than a negative.

Take care pet xxx

ashl wrote: »
    Aww Angeldelight I'm so sorry you got a negative. I actually bought 2 tests this evening on the way home from work but chickened out of testing at the last minute!! I had to take a HCG injection this month and that can stay in my system until next Tuesday so I was afraid of getting a false positive! I know AF is on the way though and told Hubbie last night but they don't really feel the same sadness we do every month. I guess we just have to have a really good cry, pick ourselves up and try again for another new month. It's exhausting mentally and physically but we have to believe we will get there in the end! Take care of yourself this weekend. If AF shows up Saturday I plan to ditch the endo diet for a night and enjoy a few glasses of Vino so I hope you do something nice for yourself too! X

Well said Ashl xxx

I think the AF hormones add to the sadness xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thanks ladies, why do we do this to ourselves?? Been eating rings round me so its definitely on the way. Off to bake a cake now so I can eat some :D

Thanks ladies, why do we do this to ourselves?? Been eating rings round me so its definitely on the way. Off to bake a cake now so I can eat some :D

I don't know. Maybe cause deep down we all have some hope :o

My boobs are killing me today, but I think it's just Aunt Flow starting to rare her ugly head! I joined slimming world, so no cake for me, it has been such a great distraction this month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Coming off the pill today and nervous as hell, and very excited at the same time! Hard to believe that my mother had all three kids by my age, 30! Good wishes to you all ladies xx

• Advertisement

stickybean wrote: »
    I don't know. Maybe cause deep down we all have some hope :o

My boobs are killing me today, but I think it's just Aunt Flow starting to rare her ugly head! I joined slimming world, so no cake for me, it has been such a great distraction this month!

How are you getting on? I'm currently doing slimming world as well but being bold... I can't face cooking anything yesterday or today don't know why but wouldn't mind baking! Have resisted so far as I've no butter and not in the humour of going to the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Just on the Slimming World ladies, I've been doing it since Feb & have lost 32lbs & am now a target member.
    I had long irregular cycles, ovulating anywhere from day 20-26 but the last 2 cycles I've ovulated on days 15 & 13 & I'm about to ovulate now at day 12!
    I can only put it down to the weight loss & healthier eating ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ashl

Oh definitely! Try to have a nice weekend and be kind to yourselves ladies!!

Well said Ashl xxx

I think the AF hormones add to the sadness xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Good luck with the diets ladies. I am also overweight (by a few stone :() and hopefully ttc will give me some motivation. I know the last time I lost weight my cycle became regular as clockwork so it just goes to show how much of an effect it has. Maybe I'll rejoin a slimming club, could use all the help I can get tbh

Welcome Broodykitten, hopefully your journey will be a short one pet xxx

This is my third week in slimming world, I have lost 6 lbs so far and am finding it very doable. I am former weight watchers, so it took me a while to get my head around just how much you can eat and still loose weight. I really feel this is the plan for me, I can't understand how it works, but I could definitely keep it up long term :) Glad you had no butter in the house, you'll feel better afterwards that you didn't eat the cake, I am SOOOO looking forward to a nice glass on wine tonight.

MS2011 that is an amazing achievement, good on you! Any tips or hints you want to share ;-)

On a side note, my boobs are bloody killing me, I feel like Diana doors, they are all swollen. My husband thinks they look great. Aunt Flow you have a lot to answer for!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

MS2011 that is an amazing achievement, good on you! Any tips or hints you want to share ;-)

Plan, plan & plan some more :-D

I'm someone who likes to know what's coming & work to a plan so I do up a spreadsheet & plan out my syns for a week or forthnight depending on how I'm feeling. So I usually know ahead of time what I'm having for dinner, lunch etc. on any given day.
    It's a bit OCD but it works for me plus if I come across anything & I'm not too sure of the syn value I can find out long before I eat it, saves me eating it & finding out later :O

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Going a bit mad here! Came off the pill in July & had normal AF after that. Was due the next AF on 27th Aug but it hasn't arrived yet,currently 11 days overdue. I know I shouldn't be getting my hopes up but I really feel like I could be pregnant. I've been having loads of symptoms. In Aug, straight after dtd, I had a small amount of very pale pink discharge & none since (never ever had this b4). My tummy has been cramping since then, daily, feels like AF but nothing. Feel extremely tired, not liking the taste of wine, and my nipples got super sensitive in the last few days. Also had cm that I never had before - clear & v sticky & loads of it. Sorry tmi!

I did a hpt last Sat but was neg so was looking forward to another hpt this am. Stupid thing didn't work - blank screen on the digital one! Felt annoyed that I wasted my first pee of the day! Tried another test a few hours later but was negative, but I don't think it was right time to do it, only got a trickle!

So I now have 2 tests left in my house but afraid to waste them, they're bloody expensive when they dont tell u what u want to know! Been reading up on the net to see if I could still be preg & I'm holding out hope that it's just too early for the hcg to show up on my tests.

Think i'll test again in the morning then give it a week before testing again. Feel a bit stupid for not knowing what's going on with my own body. Been having AF for 18 years now, & even tho I was on d pill for 11 years, I never missed a period (even when I had to take breaks from the pill to go on anti biotics etc).

Been reading posts here & in the pregnancy thread for the last week, hoping some of you could give me some advice if you've similar experiences. I know really I just have to wait & see what happens,but my gut says I am,so hoping it's right!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You can get cheapy internet ones for cents on ebay or access diagnostics. Then you can test every morning if you like, and if you see a hint of a line you can use up your pricier tests.

I got the pregnancy bundle - think I got about 140 OPK and 40 HPT for about €50, but you can pick your own amounts. Plus they accept returned sealed boxes you end up not using.

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Going a bit mad here! Came off the pill in July & had normal AF after that. Was due the next AF on 27th Aug but it hasn't arrived yet,currently 11 days overdue. I know I shouldn't be getting my hopes up but I really feel like I could be pregnant. I've been having loads of symptoms. In Aug, straight after dtd, I had a small amount of very pale pink discharge & none since (never ever had this b4). My tummy has been cramping since then, daily, feels like AF but nothing. Feel extremely tired, not liking the taste of wine, and my nipples got super sensitive in the last few days. Also had cm that I never had before - clear & v sticky & loads of it. Sorry tmi!

I did a hpt last Sat but was neg so was looking forward to another hpt this am. Stupid thing didn't work - blank screen on the digital one! Felt annoyed that I wasted my first pee of the day! Tried another test a few hours later but was negative, but I don't think it was right time to do it, only got a trickle!

So I now have 2 tests left in my house but afraid to waste them, they're bloody expensive when they dont tell u what u want to know! Been reading up on the net to see if I could still be preg & I'm holding out hope that it's just too early for the hcg to show up on my tests.

Think i'll test again in the morning then give it a week before testing again. Feel a bit stupid for not knowing what's going on with my own body. Been having AF for 18 years now, & even tho I was on d pill for 11 years, I never missed a period (even when I had to take breaks from the pill to go on anti biotics etc).

Been reading posts here & in the pregnancy thread for the last week, hoping some of you could give me some advice if you've similar experiences. I know really I just have to wait & see what happens,but my gut says I am,so hoping it's right!

The only thing is when you come off the pill your cycle can be all over the place - I had some that were 16 days, some that were 35... The 'period' you get when you're on the pill isn't a proper one its just a withdrawal bleed so you could be pregnant or it could just be your body getting itself back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

god i actually want to kill someone this week and my poor hubby is bearing the brunt of it.
    about 2 weeks ago now my loving mother in law was telling me all about how she had her tea leaves read and they told her that someone was pregnant and didnt know it yet but it would be a really joyful occasion and stupidly i believed it was me so after a week away with hubby and dodgy tummy the whole time we tested and got a no i was that upset i locked myself in the loo for 30 mins and cried my eyes out.
    roll on a few days and i get time of month with a vengenge a week and a bit later i still have it and im now a tad freaked that its lasted this long.
    at times like this i think i wish i was a boy they have it easy no random boob pain or stabby stomach pain and they certainly dont have to put up with the joys of a monthly cycle.

Aw carlyam2, sending you a big hug x I just got AF too, I swear I am considering a sex change, I am a hormonal wreck, I cried the whole way through xfactor and then screamed at my husband because he never changed the loo roll.

2 years in and I feel like giving up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

it will be you though,just not this month!Hormones are the divil,Our husbands have alot to put up with,but they deserve it too cos they don't have period's!!

Mine has completly freaked me out,he was askin me about 5 million questions last nite so i decided to google the whole ivf process and now ive scared the crap out of myself,i honestly don't know if i can do this,i cant inject myself not a chance and the thoughts of the effects the drugs will have on me has tortured me all day!

oh bobski dont google i did and i told my husband there is no way i could inject myself either and his answer was im ****ing not do it ask your ma.
    eventually after talking it out we came to the conclusion that we do want this so will have to deal with everything.
    as for the thoughts of what the injections will do i have actually considered talking the shorter working year that work offer so i dont snap the head off someone in the office during the process. and ive actually gone as far as try and plan when i wont be expected at family functions during the injections and stuff.
    i think i have completely over thought this and will have to stop but i think its the whole lack of control i have over this situation sends me into a spiral of must find out any and all information good or bad and then stress over it which if my doctor tells me one more time is bad ill kill him i know its bad but i cant help it.
    and sticky bean my husband also suffers from rollaphobia and it does my head in its not hard to change the toilet roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've done 4 months of injections (I didn't respond to clomid so I was quickly moved on to injections) and it really isn't that bad. At the start I kind of thought I wouldn't be able to do it either, and my husband will generally do it for me, but I have done it myself on occasion and it's been fine. The needles are so fine that you rarely even feel them going in. I've used the pen and the ones you have to mix yourself and they've both been fine. At the start it was a bit of a pain because I figured I'd have to be at home to do the injections and couldn't have a night out when I was on them. I've realised though that if I do need to go out I can just take the injections with me, stick the cool bag in my bag and off I go. (I haven't done this yet because the need hasn't arisen but I would if I had to. I don't drink and I don't stay out very late when I do go out to the medication would be fine.) I've brought the medication away with me for a weekend and it's been fine.

I haven't experienced any mad side effects. If anything the Provera to bring on a bleed gave me mood swings that the injections haven't. My boobs are pretty much constantly killing me and I tend to eat all around me but I think I'm just using the injections as an excuse to eat all the food. :D

Don't worry about it. It really isn't that difficult. If you build it up in your mind as something you can't do then you will make it much harder for yourself. There are loads of videos of You Tube, both from the drugs companies and from regular people who have to inject. Some of the regular people are total drama queens about the whole thing but if you look at a few videos you'll see that it really isn't too bad.

Best of luck and fingers crossed everything works out for you all.

I know it's different for our other halves as they don't have the hormonal side of things to deal with as well but sometimes I feel like bashing my husband over the head. I'll have a moan about not being pregnant yet or something, I'll think great he's being so understanding then an hour later he's forgotten about it and he'll be asking "what's wrong with you" again... ehh I just told you!!!!

My body's playing tricks on me I think - still no sign of AF, and this is the end of day 31 of my cycle, after the last three being 28 days, have had 2 negative tests on day 28 & 30 :(:confused::o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

well we're in the same boat so if it's somethin i have ta do i'll find a way round it,i'm sur my husband would enjoy stickin needles in me at some stage ta shut me up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Hi Mrs Mastiff,
    Strange I also had that pale pink discharge this month, around the time of ovulation, never seen it before either. I've heard people on here talk about implantation bleeding but this didn't occur at the right time to be that.
    My period is now 2 days late (i know, hardly time to be popping the bubbly) that is compared to the last 2 cycles which were both exactly 22 days long. I also got cm today that I would associate with ovulating, clear & stringy - weird to be getting that just before AF? Anyway I don't have a preg test in the house, but I read on here that an opk can double up as a preg text so i just did one there and there is a 2nd line, not very strong but it's there.
    this month both the hubby and i got medically checked out and they found slight thrush (sorry for tmi!!!) so we both had to take medicine and abstain from dtd til it cleared up so missed the crucial days :-( which was a killer. however before we knew about the minor infection, we did the deed but it was 6 days before I ovulated (i.e. the day after i the darkest line on the opk) so I didn't think it was possible to be honest!

Dare i hope against hope?!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucuma wrote: »
    Hi Mrs Mastiff,
    Strange I also had that pale pink discharge this month, around the time of ovulation, never seen it before either. I've heard people on here talk about implantation bleeding but this didn't occur at the right time to be that.
    My period is now 2 days late (i know, hardly time to be popping the bubbly) that is compared to the last 2 cycles which were both exactly 22 days long. I also got cm today that I would associate with ovulating, clear & stringy - weird to be getting that just before AF? Anyway I don't have a preg test in the house, but I read on here that an opk can double up as a preg text so i just did one there and there is a 2nd line, not very strong but it's there.
    this month both the hubby and i got medically checked out and they found slight thrush (sorry for tmi!!!) so we both had to take medicine and abstain from dtd til it cleared up so missed the crucial days :-( which was a killer. however before we knew about the minor infection, we did the deed but it was 6 days before I ovulated (i.e. the day after i the darkest line on the opk) so I didn't think it was possible to be honest!

Dare i hope against hope?!

Damn right you hope. :D. An OPK was positive both times a pregnancy test was positive for me. The LH and HCG hormones the tests detect are apparently very similar or something. Go get a pregnancy test! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Still no sign of AF here,but got stupidly emotional over nothing today so OH thinks it must be sign of AF! Cramps come & go but not as bad this week as last week. Dizzy most days, too warm, very tired & have been feeling a bit of motion sickness on train that I never normally get. Will try putting it to back of my mind as negative tests made me think its probably not happening this time. But I do have a few seconds of hope every day that passes without AF!

Still no sign of AF here,but got stupidly emotional over nothing today so OH thinks it must be sign of AF! Cramps come & go but not as bad this week as last week. Dizzy most days, too warm, very tired & have been feeling a bit of motion sickness on train that I never normally get. Will try putting it to back of my mind as negative tests made me think its probably not happening this time. But I do have a few seconds of hope every day that passes without AF!

In the same boat here... Today was day 33 of my cycle - did a First Response this morning though and it was negative :(

This is my third week in slimming world, I have lost 6 lbs so far and am finding it very doable. I am former weight watchers, so it took me a while to get my head around just how much you can eat and still loose weight. I really feel this is the plan for me, I can't understand how it works, but I could definitely keep it up long term :) QUOTE]

Fair play Stickybean! That sounds like a really great thing to pour your energy into. I know some skinny malinkys don't have to worry about this stuff, but for most of the rest of us women unfortunately it's a daily battle....and it always will be.

I read this book called The Fertility Code and in it he says that fat cells secrete oestrogen and if a woman has too much oestrogen in her body it can throw her cycle off kilter and hence be an obstacle to conceiving. That's obviously not the case for everyone...I'm sure we can all think of examples....but you're dead right to give yourself the best possible fighting chance ;)

Neyite wrote: »
    . An OPK was positive both times a pregnancy test was positive for me. The LH and HCG hormones the tests detect are apparently very similar or something. Go get a pregnancy test! :)

Did one - BFN :confused:
    My period is overdue and I'm getting ewcm and faint lines on opk....I must be having some kind of crazy cycle......if I didn't know that it's impossible I'd think that I'm ovulating again twice in one cycle or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I went to slimming world before the summer and lost 15lbs. It's brill. You're eating all day and losing weight. I left because when dad died i just couldnt concentrate n anything and then inhad my surgery and then bla bla bla lol. So heading back there next week. I just started college so with that bit of structure in my life i hope i can add slimming world to that again. (i didnt gain back the 15lbs might i add, just a few lbs:D )
    I'm a bit fed up at the moment because since my surgery in july i'm basically getting really heavy flooding and not getting mch of a break between periods. I just feel a little worn out by it all. Like i said i started college and in one of the classes i could feel myself dlooding and was just terrified when i stood up there'd be a little stain on the chair or on me:eek:
    When i saw the gyne last week and we were talking about my tubes and ovaries etc i said to him so look why am i so heavy? He said bad luck, it's just the way i'm made. I dont have ensometreosis or anything else like that that would cause this bleeding so........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

In the same boat here... Today was day 33 of my cycle - did a First Response this morning though and it was negative :(

With the utmost irrationality I have decided I hate First Reponse.
    They have always been too too eager to tell me that I'm not pregnant. :P

• Advertisement

after umpteen not pregnant tests im beginning to think those companies should do a refund for those who wanted to be pregnant but arent ha ha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement