Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

dublinlady wrote: »
    Sorry - been keeping up to date with you all and just want to say best of luck - took me a yr and a half to conceive my now 4&1/2 month old girl - keep the faith, and when it's all a bit much have a well deserved cry. Try take a break from it mentally if u can for a month or 2 - I couldn't...! Would try and then it would get to day 12 and I'd be marching himself up the stairs no matter what our form or humor!!

Anyway - yellowhen can ya check if the cysts are back? I'd be eager to find out so you don't waste time with that affecting your fertility? Dying to know what ur previous name was....!!!!

I'd also say to ppl when ya see signs of ovulation - whether from opk's or just mucus etc then don't presume that's it.. As in you could ovulate twice in one month ( I did for no apparent reason !) and so I would keep the jiggy going if u can every few days right through.. I had nothing for months and then got pregnant twice in one cycle! Unfort lost one little twin but holding the other now sleeping in my arms and she was twin 2.... The smaller and so second ovulation. It's weird but can happen.

Hope to be back on here in about 6 months for my next efforts - if my oh lets me ;)
    Hope that none of you are here when I am trying! I really mean that in the nicest possible way!! :):)

Yeah I will go back to the hospital soon for a checkup. Jees I went for a walk this eve and my legs are aching so badly now. It's been a funny 2ww. I'm really tired but otherwise feel good. I still haven't hot the sore breasts that religiously happen when I ovulate each month. Hoping a break from the norm might be positive. Sounds stupid but I feel like even saying that will jinx me! I figure our time has to come some time though?!!??

DL I'll pm you my old username sometime. You weren't ttc that long ahead of me. Can't believe I'm still here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

yellow hen wrote: »
    dublinlady wrote: »
    Sorry - been keeping up to date with you all and just want to say best of luck - took me a yr and a half to conceive my now 4&1/2 month old girl - keep the faith, and when it's all a bit much have a well deserved cry. Try take a break from it mentally if u can for a month or 2 - I couldn't...! Would try and then it would get to day 12 and I'd be marching himself up the stairs no matter what our form or humor!!

Anyway - yellowhen can ya check if the cysts are back? I'd be eager to find out so you don't waste time with that affecting your fertility? Dying to know what ur previous name was....!!!!

I'd also say to ppl when ya see signs of ovulation - whether from opk's or just mucus etc then don't presume that's it.. As in you could ovulate twice in one month ( I did for no apparent reason !) and so I would keep the jiggy going if u can every few days right through.. I had nothing for months and then got pregnant twice in one cycle! Unfort lost one little twin but holding the other now sleeping in my arms and she was twin 2.... The smaller and so second ovulation. It's weird but can happen.

Hope to be back on here in about 6 months for my next efforts - if my oh lets me ;)
    Hope that none of you are here when I am trying! I really mean that in the nicest possible way!! :):)

Yeah I will go back to the hospital soon for a checkup. Jees I went for a walk this eve and my legs are aching so badly now. It's been a funny 2ww. I'm really tired but otherwise feel good. I still haven't hot the sore breasts that religiously happen when I ovulate each month. Hoping a break from the norm might be positive. Sounds stupid but I feel like even saying that will jinx me! I figure our time has to come some time though?!!??

DL I'll pm you my old username sometime. You weren't ttc that long ahead of me. Can't believe I'm still here. :(

:( its not fair. It's not right at all. Keep the faith tho... Have a friend who got married when she was 21- shes been trying for a baby since - she's 5 months pregnant - shes 33 now. She believed all along she would be a mother, she would have gone down the adoption route eventually but conceived naturally in the end , after 3 failed rounds of IVF and years of investigations. I'm sorry as I know it's no help - but I really hope it happens for you sooner rather than later, it's exhausting and unfair, share all of your frustrations with these women. I'll have everything crossed for u, x

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Where did you have the endo removed from YH? I only had three small, stage two spots but because they were on the ovary they were changing my hormone balance and making it extremely difficult for me to conceive and extremely likely that I'd miscarry if I did. The gynaecologist who I was seeing said it was very likely that they had caused my miscarriage in 2008, so even small amounts can make a big difference.

hi iguana,

I think the bit of endo was on my ovary but the consultant never actually told me that much about it as she considered it so insignificant. I must ask her when I go next. My consultant is v nice but I only realise when I read this forum how little she actually tells me! Maybe I need to go in armed with questions next time.

Am cd26 right now and still no sore boobs. Wonder if its going to be a long cycle... did that happen anyone else after clomid?

If it was on your ovary it was very likely to have been causing an over production of prostaglandins which tend to prevent the fallopian tube from picking up the egg as they confuse the signals that the ovary normally sends. It can drop your chances of conceiving naturally 1-2% per cycle, instead of the usual 15-25%. And then if you do beat the odds and conceive, the prostaglandins make the uterus toxic to embryos so the odds of chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage are very high. Once it's removed from the ovary, and there are no other problems, your fertility should return to normal.

I was also told by two Napro doctors that having significant breast pain in advance of your period can be caused by the hormonal change from endo. Mine used to be absolutely vicious within a day or two of my ovulation and was much worse than anything I've experienced in pregnancy. So maybe the reason you aren't feeling breast pain this month is a good sign that your hormone balance has gone back to normal?

• Advertisement

Thanks iguana, you've definitely given me questions got the consultant next time I visit. Cramped up eyeballs at the mo do suspect AF will make an appearance in the next 48hrs

Thanks iguana, you've definitely given me questions got the consultant next time I visit. Cramped up eyeballs at the mo do suspect AF will make an appearance in the next 48hrs

Sorry for the shocking spelling above. I use my phone mostly and the autocorrect is shocking.

My head is melted now. Am cd29. Looking at my charts my cycle was 27/28/29 days before I went on clomid so it's still quite a normal cycle. I still don't really have any boob pain though. Tummy and back have been sore on and off for a week now. Im meant to be starting an intense Bootcamp on Tuesday evening so I think I'm going to have to give in and test tomorrow. I took a cheapie last night and it was negative but i don't think a cheapie would have picked up anything that early and particularly at that time of the day.
    Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

fingers crossed exactly yellowhen,hate the tww so much,i will have a 29 day cycle this month due to ovulation at day 14:(so long wait yet.Got cd 21 bloods back yesterday and looks good,strong progesterone which means strong ovulation and other numbers look good from what i can tell so thats something i suppose but also adds to the frustration!!good luck hun:)

Oh that's good meggysmom. I hear you on the frustration though, we were told that there no problem and no reason why we wouldn't concieve. Not happening though!! I think that's just my frustration though, it obviously is good news that our bloods were all normal.
    Will post back when I test.

Hey girls, cd30 today and still no AF. I got up this morning when my husband was asleep and took a first response test. I hate the waiting on those lines and couldnt handle both my husband and I being dissappointed. Anyways, I took it....and....

I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been crying all morning and am almost starting up again just writing this! I cant explain the feelings at the moment...some sort of utter joy and disbelief with nervousness. I cant believe it has finally happened for us.

Thank you so much to all of you who have been so kind and reassuring. This forum has allowed me to be the irrational obsessive person that I couldnt be with anyone else. :eek:

ps. you are the first people (other than my husband) who I've told....how am I going to keep my mouth shut for 12 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

CONGRATS YELLOW HEN!!!!

I just had this sudden urge to check out this thread in the past 1/2hour as I hadn't been on in a while, so glad I did so I got to see this.

Absolutely delighted for you & Mr Yellow Hen!!!

When you due??

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hey girls, cd30 today and still no AF. I got up this morning when my husband was asleep and took a first response test. I hate the waiting on those lines and couldnt handle both my husband and I being dissappointed. Anyways, I took it....and....

I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been crying all morning and am almost starting up again just writing this! I cant explain the feelings at the moment...some sort of utter joy and disbelief with nervousness. I cant believe it has finally happened for us.

Thank you so much to all of you who have been so kind and reassuring. This forum has allowed me to be the irrational obsessive person that I couldnt be with anyone else. :eek:

ps. you are the first people (other than my husband) who I've told....how am I going to keep my mouth shut for 12 weeks!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you! Reading your post takes me right back to the day I got mine :) The joy and the nerves and the disbelief that its finally come about. Enjoy it, and dont let the worries set in if you can. You have waited so long for this moment so savor it, and let yourself be pampered by your hubby.

Hee hee...am so excited! Thanks girls:D:D

Looking at pregnancy calculator, I am due around the 4th March. Spring baby! My head is a muddle! Dragging OH to Easons today to buy a baby book ....need to stay in this little bubble of excitement for as long as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

OMG i'm soooo delighted,what a great way to start the day,thought i'd give a quick check in and bam-brilliant news,I'm so so happy for you,savour it all every minute,keep us posted-no bootcamp so:)lucky you:)many congrats.xx

meggysmom wrote: »
    OMG i'm soooo delighted,what a great way to start the day,thought i'd give a quick check in and bam-brilliant news,I'm so so happy for you,savour it all every minute,keep us posted-no bootcamp so:)lucky you:)many congrats.xx

Hilarious, that is what I said to OH....double celebration...pregnant and no horrible bootcamp!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

oh my god that's amazing news!
    Congrats yellow hen!absolutely delighted!
    was this the month you said you had a few drinks and relaxed?must of did you good

happy and healthy 9 months to you x

javagal wrote: »
    oh my god that's amazing news!
    Congrats yellow hen!absolutely delighted!
    was this the month you said you had a few drinks and relaxed?must of did you good

happy and healthy 9 months to you x

Yep, its the month that I just said 'feck it all' and drank and smoked ALOT! Neyite was right in that maybe we just need to turn off and forget it all!

Congrats YH. I had a strong feeling that you were when you posted about how your boob pain was different. And you don't need to keep quiet about it for 12 weeks as you are already 4 weeks pregnant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Yey :D huge Congrats Yellow hen :D Rhys amazing news! I had a feeling that you'd have good news after reading your posts yesterday! Wishing you a very happy & healthy 9 months ahead xx
    Ps I would reccomed the pregnancy bible! I loved how it did week to week about baby :) what to expect was good but I preferred te other one x

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Huge congrats to you yellow hen:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Huge huge congrats!!!!!! Amazing news!!! Enjoy every second!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Massive congratulations Yellow Hen! You must be on cloud nine

Thanks everyone. Its been a funny old day. Normal but not normal. It's hard to believe anythings different yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thanks everyone. Its been a funny old day. Normal but not normal. It's hard to believe anythings different yet!

And yet so much has changed :) you're in for the best journey of your life xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Huge Congrats Yellow Hen, I still get the same happy grin on my face whenever I read of someones BFP :-D
    Enjoy every minute it goes by so fast before you know it you'll be holding your brand new baba in your arms :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I had to say

CONGRATULATIONS!!

here too - I am so happy for you pet xxx

Thanks all :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Big Congrats Yellow Hen, a woo hoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Massive congrats Yellow Hen, delighetd for you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

What wonderful news Yellow hen, Delighted for you and your Oh. Hopefully lots more good news here soon. Keep us all posted xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement