Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Aw Caroline, you poor thing x

Maybe do something nice for you little baby to mark the occasion - I always light a little candle and take a few moments to think of her - then a good cry - and you are right - the chipper is a define

Take care pet xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Its going to be a year this week since we lost our last baby. Feeling very tearful today and my husband aay for most of the week with work. took today off and went back to bed this morning. Going to take myself out for a coffee and a read of the paper now.

Think I am going to take tonight off the diet and get a chipper. Watch a Dvd in bed and try to get to sleep early.

xx

We had our year anniversary for our last baby yesterday xxx I thought I'd be fine but I wasn't. Cried on and off for the whole day. Tired today but less sad. Heard some wonderful news about a new arrival earlier so it's put me in good spirits again:)

*hugs* Caroline, do what feels right for you this week xxx I'm only down the road if you need anything x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Lucyfur wrote: »
    We had our year anniversary for our last baby yesterday xxx I thought I'd be fine but I wasn't. Cried on and off for the whole day. Tired today but less sad. Heard some wonderful news about a new arrival earlier so it's put me in good spirits again:)

*hugs* Caroline, do what feels right for you this week xxx I'm only down the road if you need anything x

Thanks Hun,

I heard the same news and its wonderful. Nothing like good news to put a smile on your face.

Spent a hour or so in the coffee shop, reading and chilling. Going to get the take away and go with Barbies suggestion of Ice cream as well. Add a sex and the city dvd to the mix along with a long bath and the pile of magizines I just spnet the guts of a tenner on!! Its going to be a long few day without my husband but I will be grand. Dates have a way of slapping you across the face when you think you are fine.

I was thinking of you Lucy, I remember we both lost around the same time. It was a fast year. Cheers to our little ones. xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi Caroline, hope you slept alright last night. Thinking of you this week.
    Lucy hope that each day that passes is getting a bit easier for you also. Girls you have had a tough time and are a total inspiration to people like me who dont even know you. x

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hi Caroline, hope you slept alright last night. Thinking of you this week.
    Lucy each day that passes is getting a bit easier for you also. Girls you have had a tough time and are a total inspiration to people like me who dont even know you. x

Thanks yellow,

I just want this week over and done with, so much harder with himself away but what can you do. Will be grean when I get past Friday.

Thanks for all the support. xxx

• Advertisement

I was thinking of you last night Caroline, wondering if you enjoyed your chips x Hope you are okay today pet

stickybean wrote: »
    I was thinking of you last night Caroline, wondering if you enjoyed your chips x Hope you are okay today pet

I am feeling a lot better today, think it as the week is half over and I can see a end in sight and cannot wait to see my amazing husband. Also the support of all you lovely ladies. All the kind words and PS's. Thank you so much.

Going to be very kind to myself and relax as much as I can. Plan for tonight is slimming world, dinner, long soak in the bath and read.

So how is everyone else keeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hugs Lucyfur & Caroline, I think doing something nice for yourselves is a good idea, take care x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur wrote: »

Thanks Hun,

I heard the same news and its wonderful. Nothing like good news to put a smile on your face.

Spent a hour or so in the coffee shop, reading and chilling. Going to get the take away and go with Barbies suggestion of Ice cream as well. Add a sex and the city dvd to the mix along with a long bath and the pile of magizines I just spnet the guts of a tenner on!! Its going to be a long few day without my husband but I will be grand. Dates have a way of slapping you across the face when you think you are fine.

I was thinking of you Lucy, I remember we both lost around the same time. It was a fast year. Cheers to our little ones. xxx

I didnt realise baby's arrival date coincided with your losses until now :( I hope your day passed ok for you both. I hope it's a sign that your happy news is around the corner. XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Neyite wrote: »
    I didnt realise baby's arrival date coincided with your losses until now :( I hope your day passed ok for you both. I hope it's a sign that your happy news is around the corner. XXX

I think it's awesome!! You had your little dude on our 1 year anniversary:D I'm thrilled to have happiness associated with the date:D:D

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »

I think it is very fitting that your beautiful little man arrived on the day a year after out little ones left. Make me very happy to think that a new life arrived on a sad day xxx

I am bacl to myself after a rough week. Had a course for work this morning but then spent a fantastic day with my darling husband. Laughted so much and just had a amazing time with him. I don't think we stoped laughting all day and its ages since we had such a carefree day.

As some of you know I am doing slimming world to get down as much weight as possible to give the next try the best possibel chance and am down 2st5lb in 9 weeks. Still a long way to go but its giving me sothing positive to do and focus on.

How is everyone doing?

I think it is very fitting that your beautiful little man arrived on the day a year after out little ones left. Make me very happy to think that a new life arrived on a sad day xxx

I am bacl to myself after a rough week. Had a course for work this morning but then spent a fantastic day with my darling husband. Laughted so much and just had a amazing time with him. I don't think we stoped laughting all day and its ages since we had such a carefree day.

As some of you know I am doing slimming world to get down as much weight as possible to give the next try the best possibel chance and am down 2st5lb in 9 weeks. Still a long way to go but its giving me sothing positive to do and focus on.

How is everyone doing?

Well done on the weight loss caroline. That's a huge achievement and hopefully an incentive to you to keep going. Getting the momentum up is the hardest part. well done!

CD16 for me today on my last month of clomid. There is so much cm that its hard to know when you ovulate but based on the pains around my right ovary I think I'm only building up to it. That means that like last month it will be cd17/18 that I ovulate and my cycle last month was only 26days. Clomid seems to be doing the opposite of what its meant to do for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

yellow hen wrote: »
    Well done on the weight loss caroline. That's a huge achievement and hopefully an incentive to you to keep going. Getting the momentum up is the hardest part. well done!

CD16 for me today on my last month of clomid. There is so much cm that its hard to know when you ovulate but based on the pains around my right ovary I think I'm only building up to it. That means that like last month it will be cd17/18 that I ovulate and my cycle last month was only 26days. Clomid seems to be doing the opposite of what its meant to do for me :(

sorry to hear your having these issues with the clomid yellowhen,maybe this cycle the lp will be longer,sometimes i get ovary pain after ovulation,i think it might be from the corpus lthium(sp) which produces progesterone after ovulation as i'm sure through temping that i have already ovulated,
    Have you though of temping to give you a better idea of whats going on and getting a definate ovulation day?although it can be a bit addictive,i do it before and 3-4 days after ovulation just to make sure the temp stays up,i find it very useful and also sets my mind at rest regarding if and when i ovulated,good luck this month:)

meggysmom wrote: »
    sorry to hear your having these issues with the clomid yellowhen,maybe this cycle the lp will be longer,sometimes i get ovary pain after ovulation,i think it might be from the corpus lthium(sp) which produces progesterone after ovulation as i'm sure through temping that i have already ovulated,
    Have you though of temping to give you a better idea of whats going on and getting a definate ovulation day?although it can be a bit addictive,i do it before and 3-4 days after ovulation just to make sure the temp stays up,i find it very useful and also sets my mind at rest regarding if and when i ovulated,good luck this month:)

Yeah I do think I'll have to give temping a go. The monitors dont work properly when on clomid as the increased hormones throw the readings. Where do you buy the thermometer?

Maybe I have already ovulated. Last month, the pains on cd17/18 were unreal. Havent had them this month yet but maybe last month was a one off. Usually after ovulation I get sore breasts too and that hasnt happened yet either. Will keep you posted! How are you doing?

I'm doing good thanks,cd 11 and gearing up for ovulation so busy busy:)
    You can buy a basal thermometer in any pharmacy,jusy a regular digital will do fine.Make sure to temp the same time every morning.It's amazing to see the temp rise after ovulation and stay up until af arrives.My temps are 36.1-36.3 before ovulation and 36.5 and 36.8 after,they usually start to fall a day or 2 before af so it illiminates the guessing before af arrives.http://www.tcoyf.com is a great website for charting your cycle and your temp,you just fill in your temp every day and it tells you after 3 days of confirmed high temps the day you ovulated.I haven't read the book,but I have heard great things about it.It's similar to the napro approach as in using the fam method.good luck.hope it's your month and you won't be needing this info:)

meggysmom wrote: »
    I'm doing good thanks,cd 11 and gearing up for ovulation so busy busy:)
    You can buy a basal thermometer in any pharmacy,jusy a regular digital will do fine.Make sure to temp the same time every morning.It's amazing to see the temp rise after ovulation and stay up until af arrives.My temps are 36.1-36.3 before ovulation and 36.5 and 36.8 after,they usually start to fall a day or 2 before af so it illiminates the guessing before af arrives.http://www.tcoyf.com is a great website for charting your cycle and your temp,you just fill in your temp every day and it tells you after 3 days of confirmed high temps the day you ovulated.I haven't read the book,but I have heard great things about it.It's similar to the napro approach as in using the fam method.good luck.hope it's your month and you won't be needing this info:)

Thanks meggysmom. Will check it out this weekend. I hope it might help me pinpoint when I actually ovulate. This clomid has me all over the place :(

Hey girls - hope everyone is well - I had the most horrible weekend - long story short ended up in hospital - while I was there they did a blood pregnancy test before they could treat me - BFN!!! Got home late last night and woke up this morning to AF. 6 days late :mad:

Anyway - after a few tears of the stress of the weekend I am feeling a bit more positive. I see most of you guys are coming to to the big O - best of luck x

Here is to a month of BFP's :D

Hey girls - hope everyone is well - I had the most horrible weekend - long story short ended up in hospital - while I was there they did a blood pregnancy test before they could treat me - BFN!!! Got home late last night and woke up this morning to AF. 6 days late :mad:

Anyway - after a few tears of the stress of the weekend I am feeling a bit more positive. I see most of you guys are coming to to the big O - best of luck x

Here is to a month of BFP's :D

Oh stickybean hope you're ok now. Sounds like a traumatic weekend. Jees 6days late would really mess with your head. Hopefully next month is better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh Stickybean - you poor thing. Your head must be in such a mess. Hope AF comes quick so you can get back in the saddle! Look after yourself.

ah stickybean,hope your doing ok,relax if you can and mind yourself:)

• Advertisement

Ah thanks girls - do you know coming on here really cheers me up! Going to get that agnus castus stuff today - hopefully if will shorten my cycle - or at least regulate it - and have the OPK's ready to try again this month ;)

Were going away in July so if nothing happens by then we are going to take a break for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh Stickybean - that's what we did 4 years ago - went on holiday and took a break from charting etc. Took the drugs but didn't think about it once - the night we came home I got my BFP and my little man is now 3!! ;)

I cant find my earlier post about painful ovulation but Lucyfur (I think, apologies if I am referencing the wrong poster) said that she took Vitamin B12 to counteract very bad ovulation pains. Last month was my second month on clomid and I thought I would have to take myself to docs with the pain...it was unbelievably bad. I was already taking Vitamin B complex but possibly hadnt built enough of it in my system. Anyway, fast forward to clomid month 3 and I had no pain whatsoever this month. Im not sure if its related to vitamin b12 but just thought it be helpful to anyone else experiencing bad ovulation pains. :)

I'm out. AF came overnight making the last cycle 27 days. It still means that I only have a maximum lp phase of 10 days even on the clomid. :(

Aw sorry to hear that yellow hen :(

Is a short LP bad?

sorry to hear yellowhen,i feel i'm heading for dissapointment myself this month,af due thurs and I feel pms starting and temp dropping:(so down....i'm sure you will be going back to gyne maybe they could try clomid higher dose with progesterone after ovulation to lengthen lp and strengthen implantation,just a thought...Looks like we will be going ahead with the tests,thought it would feel better-ie-getting something done and fixing a problem but i'm kinda starting to dread it and feeling like a failure,I need to get my head around it and pick myself up....god af not even here and pms is kicking in so bad,i'm sure my outlook will improve next week!!

Aw sorry to hear that yellow hen :(

Is a short LP bad?

They say that a lp under 10 days is dysfunctional and too short to allow implantation to occur. I don't thnk it was so short when i wasn't in the cloud though :o will have to return to hospital to ask them more about it. How are you doing?

Meggysmom, I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I was so hormonal this cycle too, just felt utterly defeated by it all. I hate the thoughts of taking more drugs. Get whatever tests you need just in case they did find something else and at least it gives you the chance to deal with those problems sooner rather than later. You're still not out so still holding some hope for you. Take care and keep us posted.

Come on girls - we need to get those positive attitudes back x our day will come

I must look more into this short LP thing. I normally O around CD 19 and get AF around day 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

just popping in to say hi to all you lovely ladies!

I've graduated from here and now almost from pregnant forum!

35 weeks and im convinced my little lady is on her way soon-just feeling off!

anyway,best of luck to all of you,keep positive and you'll get your positives!x

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    just popping in to say hi to all you lovely ladies!

I've graduated from here and now almost from pregnant forum!

35 weeks and im convinced my little lady is on her way soon-just feeling off!

anyway,best of luck to all of you,keep positive and you'll get your positives!x

Best of luck java.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement