Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

javagal wrote: »
    just popping in to say hi to all you lovely ladies!

I've graduated from here and now almost from pregnant forum!

35 weeks and im convinced my little lady is on her way soon-just feeling off!

anyway,best of luck to all of you,keep positive and you'll get your positives!x

Best of luck java gal. Hope she makes a grand appearance soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Oh that is great news Javagal, be sure to keep us posted (if you get a minute :) ) when your little bundle arrives x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Hi all,

New to this forum. We are beginning to ttc, and from what I can see it might not be the speedy road I hope! We are both over weight so I hope it won't have an overly negative impact.

btw I came across an app called womenlog, I've been tracking my monthlys for the last few months and it now seems to predict the date to a t (every five Weeks) it also mentions key fertility / ovulation time so I hope it helps. Just thought I'd share the app info :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Well my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy is booked in for Wednesday. Wasn't expecting it so soon and more than a bit nervous about it. I'm not so good with pain, I know, I know and I'm trying to have a baby ;-)

Anyway I guess we'll be one step closer on Thursday. We should have all our ducks in a row for next appointment with Dr. Boyle at the end of July, and fingers crossed get some magic pills and the go ahead to start trying with a successful result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

good luck barbiegirl with the op.It's fine just give yourself time to rest and heal.Let us know how it all goes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I'm back, not too sore or tired but i guess very heart sad. Both tubes are blocked by the endo so it looks like IVF is now our only option. Need to get our heads and hearts around this news first before we do anything. :-( Looks like Napro won't be for us after all

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I'm back, not too sore or tired but i guess very heart sad. Both tubes are blocked by the endo so it looks like IVF is now our only option. Need to get our heads and hearts around this news first before we do anything. :-( Looks like Napro won't be for us after all

I'm so sorry to hear this Barbiegirl :( Its a big adjustment to be thinking about so take your time, and look after each other. Hugs..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Very gentle hugs for you hun xxx Keep talking and posting, you know we're all here for you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hugs Barbiegirl xxx

I'm sorry I hear this barbie. I know it's everything you didn't want to hear. Take care. Xx

• Advertisement

So sorry to hear this barbiegirl,take care of yourself.I know ivf is not the most pleasent option but it's still an option with great results.Good luck to you!

Aw Barbiegirl, hope you are doing okay xxx

Take care pet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Feeling down this eveining and that it will never happen for us, that we will never get our baby. Have stayed so positive lately, working on getting the weight down to give us the best chance for when we are back with the consultant in Sept.

I think its a case of to much time to think today, was off work and didn't do any of the things I planned, chilled out and watched mind numbing daytime tv and read, spent time on line.

Also husband away with work for a few days and I always really miss him. He found Father's day yesterday really hard. one of my closest friends who is one of the very few people who know our whole story gone to the States for a couple of months. I will miss her laods.

Dreading going into woork tomorrow as I have some issues with my staff I have to deal. First time I have ever had to pull them up. Not looking forward to it.

So feeling very sorry for myself, crampy and period on the way. Just want to eat junk but none in the house:mad: Bloody diet is working(!) but did find a packet of crisps in the press that my husband had left from the weekend that I had this afternoon.

Bah bloody humbug..........

Hope everyone else is in a better mood.

Feeling down this eveining and that it will never happen for us, that we will never get our baby. Have stayed so positive lately, working on getting the weight down to give us the best chance for when we are back with the consultant in Sept.

I think its a case of to much time to think today, was off work and didn't do any of the things I planned, chilled out and watched mind numbing daytime tv and read, spent time on line.

Also husband away with work for a few days and I always really miss him. He found Father's day yesterday really hard. one of my closest friends who is one of the very few people who know our whole story gone to the States for a couple of months. I will miss her laods.

Dreading going into woork tomorrow as I have some issues with my staff I have to deal. First time I have ever had to pull them up. Not looking forward to it.

So feeling very sorry for myself, crampy and period on the way. Just want to eat junk but none in the house:mad: Bloody diet is working(!) but did find a packet of crisps in the press that my husband had left from the weekend that I had this afternoon.

Bah bloody humbug..........

Hope everyone else is in a better mood.

Hey there Caroline, I hope you are feeling better today. I have been feeling the same the last few days, and my cousin called last night to tell me she was pregnant, so delighted for her, but really feeling sorry for myself today :( I sometimes think it will never be our turn.

Due AF 22nd, thought she was coming today, was having some twinges this morning so i'd say it will be here in the next day or so.

Looking foward to the next few weeks, we are going away and stopping trying (well no ovulation testing, no timing our sex life, nothing) and when we get back if nothing has happened we are going to see the doctor

carolinespring i'm sorry you are feeling so down,hopefully you will feel better in a day or 2..
    stickybean I hope this moth brings you good news,if not enjoy the summer and relax.This month has been great for me with less stress,I didn't think I had it in me to relax a month but I did,being away from OH helped,there was nothing I could do and no stress about doing the deed all week and all that.
    I did do my day 3(5) bloods this month.I got the results back,we are not having a consultation until all results are in and SA is done.Anyone have bloods done and share some insight with me?I think they are alright.FSH 4.4,LH 5.5 and estradiol 112.0.Estradial seems a little high but i'm thinking that was because it was day 5!!Any ideas??

Oh caroline, I hope today was a bit better. I definitely have off days like that. It might last an hour or a day or a weekend but the misery is still the same :( Since we stopped going to the hospital and testing etc, I feel so much better. I havent taken a pregnancy test in about 6months now. I think though, in my heart of hearts, I know each month that I'm not pregnant :(
    Anyways, hope you're feeling a bit better about things today.

I was abroad at a family wedding last week and I drank (and please dont give out to me :o) and I smoked myself silly. I just thought feck it, I'll go mad this month and relax!

Im cd18 today and think I may have ovulated yest. Roll on the next fortnight. :)

Good luck this month stickybean!

Meggysmom, I had bloodst but honestly didnt pay much heed to the results :o The consultant read them and said all was normal. If I can find the paperwork, I'll get back to you!

I'm out, so bloody upset, crying since 7 :( mixture of hormones and feeling sorry for myself. I really feel like giving up right now

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yellow Hen, the 2ww last August when I got my postive, I drank more both weekends than I had all summer. I was pished both weekends. I also was at a barbeque and there was a bonfire and it stank of smoke, and so, therefore, did I. Then a few days later I got a positive pregnancy test, and baby is snoozing beside me at the moment, so it never did him any harm! In fact I wonder if the fact I was deliberatly not thinking about the 2ww had anything to do with it.

I'd been very moderate on booze anyway - I'm not much of a drinker but I scaled back loads when TTC, but those 2 weekends, I had my fill and was seriously hungover. I was just in a "fcuk this" kind of mood, feeling like getting pregnant would never happen for me and I just wanted to put it out of my mind for a while, and let my hair down. Just as well, it'll be another while before I have a session like that again.

CarolineSpring - so sorry you are feeling so low :( and if anyone is entitled to have a bad day, its you and your hubby - you both have been through so much. And of course he will find fathers day very hard, the poor thing! I'd imagine both of you will.

You have been doing so well on your weight loss, fair play to you. Its not easy, especially on days like that where you think "whats the point" but hang in there hon, sending hugs your way!

When is your appointment? Is it in Galway? Dr B or back to Dr E? I'm in Galway if you feel like meeting up. I know that its going to be an apprehensive enough day for you and hubby at the appointments (if you are anything like we were) and its probably a good idea to schedule in something special and couple'ly for you both when you are in Galway, the last thing you might need is meeting a mammy with a baby on the day of your appointment, but anytime you are near, and want to meet up, give me a shout. XX

sorry to hear that stickybean,a good cry can do wonders,try to stay positive

yellowhen your trip sounds great and very relaxing,i'm sure no one would say relaxing and letting yourself go was a bad thing by any means,good luck for the 2 ww:)

meggysmom wrote: »
    sorry to hear that stickybean,a good cry can do wonders,try to stay positive

yellowhen your trip sounds great and very relaxing,i'm sure no one would say relaxing and letting yourself go was a bad thing by any means,good luck for the 2 ww:)

Sorry stickybean :( its crap but tomorrow you'll feel better and wil be ready to give it another go. Try not to focus too much on the 2ww (difficult I know!). Here's hoping next month.

Neyite I'm hoping I follow your path and this is my month. :) can't believe you have a little one now! When I joined here 14months ago I used to be reading your ttc posts as I was only a beginner! ;)

Meggyom sorry I couldn't find my blood results, am thinking that I didn't take a copy from the consultant after all. Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Neyite wrote: »
    Yellow Hen, the 2ww last August when I got my postive, I drank more both weekends than I had all summer. I was pished both weekends. I also was at a barbeque and there was a bonfire and it stank of smoke, and so, therefore, did I. Then a few days later I got a positive pregnancy test, and baby is snoozing beside me at the moment, so it never did him any harm! In fact I wonder if the fact I was deliberatly not thinking about the 2ww had anything to do with it.

I'd been very moderate on booze anyway - I'm not much of a drinker but I scaled back loads when TTC, but those 2 weekends, I had my fill and was seriously hungover. I was just in a "fcuk this" kind of mood, feeling like getting pregnant would never happen for me and I just wanted to put it out of my mind for a while, and let my hair down. Just as well, it'll be another while before I have a session like that again.

CarolineSpring - so sorry you are feeling so low :( and if anyone is entitled to have a bad day, its you and your hubby - you both have been through so much. And of course he will find fathers day very hard, the poor thing! I'd imagine both of you will.

You have been doing so well on your weight loss, fair play to you. Its not easy, especially on days like that where you think "whats the point" but hang in there hon, sending hugs your way!

When is your appointment? Is it in Galway? Dr B or back to Dr E? I'm in Galway if you feel like meeting up. I know that its going to be an apprehensive enough day for you and hubby at the appointments (if you are anything like we were) and its probably a good idea to schedule in something special and couple'ly for you both when you are in Galway, the last thing you might need is meeting a mammy with a baby on the day of your appointment, but anytime you are near, and want to meet up, give me a shout. XX

Thanks hun,

We will arrange to meet up. Our's is Dr E. He is great but wondering if maybe Napro is the way to go. We have no pron with the falling its the staying preggo thats the issue.
    Feeling a bit better. Hubby hoem tonigth and that always puts a smile on my face.
    Dying the last couple of day with period pain, something that never happen to me, well the very odd time if I was very stressed during the month. Had to leave work and come home yesterday as the sweat was pouring out of me with the cramps.

Roll on the weekend!!

Love the pic of your wee man, he is just the cutest little chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hi Ladies, I haven't posted here in a long time now.. I wanted to do a little post and let you all no to keep positive no matter the hardship.. We were 2 years trying and 2MC's when we conceived our little boy, every month was like torture & to say I was an emotional mess was an understatement! But we got there in the end, it turned out that I ovulated 2 days before my period was due for no reason so we were always trying at the wrong time! Its such a hard journey but I can say with every ounce of my being that it's all worth it! Our little boy is now 6 months old & number 2 is on the way for the end of this year. I know it's easier said than done but the stress def doesn't help! Like Neyite posted it was a stress free week that we conceived too! I really hope all your positives are just around the corner for you all! Lots of big hugs xxx

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, I haven't posted here in a long time now.. I wanted to do a little post and let you all no to keep positive no matter the hardship.. We were 2 years trying and 2MC's when we conceived our little boy, every month was like torture & to say I was an emotional mess was an understatement! But we got there in the end, it turned out that I ovulated 2 days before my period was due for no reason so we were always trying at the wrong time! Its such a hard journey but I can say with every ounce of my being that it's all worth it! Our little boy is now 6 months old & number 2 is on the way for the end of this year. I know it's easier said than done but the stress def doesn't help! Like Neyite posted it was a stress free week that we conceived too! I really hope all your positives are just around the corner for you all! Lots of big hugs xxx

Thanks for the lovely post tigeress, I and I'm sure others here are grateful to read about other peoples positive experiences. I'm intrigued with your comment that you were ovulating late. How did you rectify that to become pregnant? I suspect I ovulate around cd18/19 and only have a 27 day cycle. I've tried clomid for 3months but it didn't change anything. I'm cd23 now and think I ovulated around cd18. Would expect AF on cd26/27 so not holding much hope for this month either.

I have a long month myself, between 35-40 days & so we always tried 2 weeks prior to that. I was tracking each period & could never manage the temping.. So I got cheap ovulation sticks from accessdiagnostics.com & started using them. I had gotten the bloods for day 3 & 21 & day 3 was fine but 21 cane back that I wasn't ovulating which made sense as I didn't have a 28 day cycle.. The 1month I used the sticks (I made sure to test the same time everyday) I was getting negatives right until 2 days before AF was due & got a strong positive & same the next day then nothing. We concieved then :) best €30 I ever spent!
    I'm not sure if it was the same this time though as I only had 1 AF since having my DS.. I remember you joining while I was on here yellow hen & I really hope you get your bundle of joy soon :) it's always when you least expect it ;) x

I have a long month myself, between 35-40 days & so we always tried 2 weeks prior to that. I was tracking each period & could never manage the temping.. So I got cheap ovulation sticks from accessdiagnostics.com & started using them. I had gotten the bloods for day 3 & 21 & day 3 was fine but 21 cane back that I wasn't ovulating which made sense as I didn't have a 28 day cycle.. The 1month I used the sticks (I made sure to test the same time everyday) I was getting negatives right until 2 days before AF was due & got a strong positive & same the next day then nothing. We concieved then :) best €30 I ever spent!
    I'm not sure if it was the same this time though as I only had 1 AF since having my DS.. I remember you joining while I was on here yellow hen & I really hope you get your bundle of joy soon :) it's always when you least expect it ;) x

So did you concieve with only a 2day lutheal phase?

ps..I've been on here a while, had to change my username about 8months ago as someone I knew was cruising this forum :eek:

Yeah we did :) what's the next step for yourself? You said the clonmid didn't do anything?
    Oh I didn't realise! Oops :o so we've talked before lol :)

God, I dont actually know what the next step is. We decided to take a break from the consultant as although we have been ttc for about 15months now, I had to have surgery before christmas to remove cysts and a tiny bit of endo so i wanted to give my 'new' body a chance to see if we had any success! I think we'll wait until August/Sept and then visit the consultant again. Praying we dont have to though. You are giving me some hope as you concieved with such a short LP....I had been thinking lately, that that might be our problem.

yellow hen wrote: »
    God, I dont actually know what the next step is. We decided to take a break from the consultant as although we have been ttc for about 15months now, I had to have surgery before christmas to remove cysts and a tiny bit of endo so i wanted to give my 'new' body a chance to see if we had any success! I think we'll wait until August/Sept and then visit the consultant again. Praying we dont have to though. You are giving me some hope as you concieved with such a short LP....I had been thinking lately, that that might be our problem.

Have you tried the ovulation sticks at all? Sounds like your having a tough time of it hun.. I only ever got the EW for a day each month so I wrecken I've always had a short LP! I hope that it happens before ya have to go back to your consultant! If not hopefully the next step will work for you :) x

Have you tried the ovulation sticks at all? Sounds like your having a tough time of it hun.. I only ever got the EW for a day each month so I wrecken I've always had a short LP! I hope that it happens before ya have to go back to your consultant! If not hopefully the next step will work for you :) x

Yeah I used ov sticks in the past. The cheapies never really worked for me so I bought the clearblue monitor and that seemed to indicate that i ovulated on cd18/19 each month. I stopped using it after about 4months as it was so expensive and based on the pains and cm I could pretty much tell each month when I was ovulating. Clomid was more difficult was the regular signs werent so regular anymore. this is my first month off clomid and there wasnt very much cm at all so I have no idea if/when I ovulated. Im going to go back on the digitial monitor next month though.

I have these twinges around my right and left ovary for the past few days and have this nagging feeling that the cysts might be back :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Sorry - been keeping up to date with you all and just want to say best of luck - took me a yr and a half to conceive my now 4&1/2 month old girl - keep the faith, and when it's all a bit much have a well deserved cry. Try take a break from it mentally if u can for a month or 2 - I couldn't...! Would try and then it would get to day 12 and I'd be marching himself up the stairs no matter what our form or humor!!

Anyway - yellowhen can ya check if the cysts are back? I'd be eager to find out so you don't waste time with that affecting your fertility? Dying to know what ur previous name was....!!!!

I'd also say to ppl when ya see signs of ovulation - whether from opk's or just mucus etc then don't presume that's it.. As in you could ovulate twice in one month ( I did for no apparent reason !) and so I would keep the jiggy going if u can every few days right through.. I had nothing for months and then got pregnant twice in one cycle! Unfort lost one little twin but holding the other now sleeping in my arms and she was twin 2.... The smaller and so second ovulation. It's weird but can happen.

Hope to be back on here in about 6 months for my next efforts - if my oh lets me ;)
    Hope that none of you are here when I am trying! I really mean that in the nicest possible way!! :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement