Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I think I might dump the clearblue next month as well and just go by cm which is generally a good indicator for me. This month was my first clomid month and we used pre-seed so I had high hopes too. Funny, I feel ok again today but I looked back at my chart for the last two months and I had identifical symptoms before AF. Anyways, will keep you posted! We're down but not out yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

yellow hen wrote: »
    I think I might dump the clearblue next month as well and just go by cm which is generally a good indicator for me. This month was my first clomid month and we used pre-seed so I had high hopes too. Funny, I feel ok again today but I looked back at my chart for the last two months and I had identifical symptoms before AF. Anyways, will keep you posted! We're down but not out yet ;)

yes your right we're not out and everyone says af and early pregnancy symptoms the same,i've heard great things about pre-seed,I bought some,used it a couple of times,might use it more often if I need to next month....crossing my fingers for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Fingers crossed for all you ladies, keep the positive attitude up, keeps us all going on here!!

I'm all over the place, not sure where I stand on my cycle, just enjoying trying this month ;-)

Fingers crossed for all you ladies, keep the positive attitude up, keeps us all going on here!!

I'm all over the place, not sure where I stand on my cycle, just enjoying trying this month ;-)
    Hi fss, it's prob what you really need. Just enjoy the month do what comes naturally :) and good things might just happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Hi all,
    fingers crossed for you ladies that are at the end of your cycles too... you aren't out until the old witch arrives..
    afm, I done the test this morning (12dpo with 3dt) and I got a faint pink line.... for sure. Of course me being me I done another one this eve and I think its even a bit darker than this mornings.. I have to say I am almost getting really excited. I am still a bit nervous of getting too excited. Am I just mental not to??? Also, today I have been sooooo bloated that I bloody look about 4months prego.. its so bad that its almost painful.. I actually feel like I am going to burst. I did get a lot of bloating in the evenings with my other pregnancies ( my 6yr old son, and the baby I lost in '09) today its been like this all day at work and even my collegue/friend noticed!! I'm so tired now, in my job I'm on my feet all day (from 9 till 6 today) delighted to get my feet up now :)
    Girls I just can't believe its actually looking so positive for us... I'm afraid to say its true in case I get my period.... :(

• Advertisement

TeresaM wrote: »
    Hi all,
    fingers crossed for you ladies that are at the end of your cycles too... you aren't out until the old witch arrives..
    afm, I done the test this morning (12dpo with 3dt) and I got a faint pink line.... for sure. Of course me being me I done another one this eve and I think its even a bit darker than this mornings.. I have to say I am almost getting really excited. I am still a bit nervous of getting too excited. Am I just mental not to??? Also, today I have been sooooo bloated that I bloody look about 4months prego.. its so bad that its almost painful.. I actually feel like I am going to burst. I did get a lot of bloating in the evenings with my other pregnancies ( my 6yr old son, and the baby I lost in '09) today its been like this all day at work and even my collegue/friend noticed!! I'm so tired now, in my job I'm on my feet all day (from 9 till 6 today) delighted to get my feet up now :)
    Girls I just can't believe its actually looking so positive for us... I'm afraid to say its true in case I get my period.... :(

Well I'll say it for you, Congratulations! It is wonderful news for you both. You are living proof, not to give up hope and to keep looking forward; it will happen.

I've accepted AF will be here tomorrow. I recognise all the signs and the (tmi) brown cm has arrived. I almost feel that once I know it's here I'm ok to move forwards. It's the week prior to AF that kills me. Back on
    Clomid this week again so! :)

Ah honey, I'm sorry to hear that she's just round the corner :( Its great that you can be positive about it all and just go head on into the next cycle, thats just exactly what I have done for so long :) I hope that it will soon happen for you...
    I can't wait till morning so I can test again! I bought 2 digital tests today, dunno if I'll use them tomorrow or not but I have lots of internet cheapies that I am using so I will test with one of those first anyway.. LOLLLL how crazy do I sound... LOLLLLL
    Will keep ya updated on progress tomorrow... xxx

ah teresa, if you're getting the lines on the cheapies, I'd be feeling pretty positive. The dearer tests will hopefully produce a convincing line today!:)

I'm out anyways, AF arrived this morn...queue major cramps and backache..on cd1, I literally cannot move with the pain...have to pack myself with painkillers. I cant believe how much the pill used to disguise the pain :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

The witch is due on Sunday, I'm feeling the beginning of her arrival. We are taking a year out from baby making. We're getting married next year and I want to relax and enjoy the wedding plans and preparations:) We're both happy with our decision and I'm feeling better already. Weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I don't feel under pressure. I'm looking forward to not giving a monkeys what day of my cycle I'm on:D

I want to wish each and every one of you the best of luck. I hope you all get multiple babies:D:D

x

Yellow hen, sorry to hear you're out :(

Teresa any update this morning?!

Lucyfur best wishes with the wedding, its so exciting all of it, I loved every moment of it from planning to the honeymoon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Congrats Teresa!!

Lucyfur - hope you enjoy the run up to the wedding and the big event itself! It's such a happy occasion you really deserve to enjoy it! Wishing you all the best, x x x

Hi everyone,
    LucyFur, oh wedding plans... enjoy every minute of it :D I loved it too :D I took some time out last year and didn't know most of the time what cd I was on... it was great!!!
    YellowHen, sorry to hear you are out this month honey :( You starting into clomid again this month tho? Will be routing for you all the way sweetheart xx
    DublinLady, thanks for the congrats :)
    and yep, have an update today.... I done another cheapie this am and then a digital.... all postivie!!! :D:D:D I am still terrified that it will just be negative on the next test... egit that I am... But we told our family today, they all knew we were doing IVF and have been a massive support... so they were all waiting hard to hear the news... We will ring the clinic on Monday to let them know.. We are sooo sooooo happy... it has been so long.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hi everyone,
    LucyFur, oh wedding plans... enjoy every minute of it :D I loved it too :D I took some time out last year and didn't know most of the time what cd I was on... it was great!!!
    YellowHen, sorry to hear you are out this month honey :( You starting into clomid again this month tho? Will be routing for you all the way sweetheart xx
    and yep, have an update today.... I done another cheapie this am and then a digital.... all postivie!!! :D:D:D I am still terrified that it will just be negative on the next test... egit that I am... But we told our family today, they all knew we were doing IVF and have been a massive support... so they were all waiting hard to hear the news... We will ring the clinic on Monday to let them know.. We are sooo sooooo happy... it has been so long.. :D

That really great news!! :)
    Sometimes its nice to family to know early - esp if they've known about your struggles!
    Enjoy it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Hi everyone,

Brilliant news congrats. I've done 6 tests myself. I even did another the other night just to make sure. Fingers crossed we'll have another few positives in time for Christmas babies:D

Ah congrats Teresa, Im truly delighted for you. Patience is a virtue as my nanny used to say!

Lucyfur, enjoy the wedding planning.....it sounds like a welcome distraction and you know the way they say a watched pot never boils etc.... Lawd, I'm full of the oul proverbials tonight!

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing well :)

Huge congrats Teresa :D:D

Thank you for all the well wishes ladies. I must admit, I haven't felt this light in ages. I know TTC had a hold over me but I didn't realise just how much x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Huge congrats Teresa :D:D

Thank you for all the well wishes ladies. I must admit, I haven't felt this light in ages. I know TTC had a hold over me but I didn't realise just how much x

please please please stay in touch on FB :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Wow look all the good news I have missed!! Congrats custard and TeresaM :D I hope ye have a calm and healthy few months ahead :D Lovely news :)

Congrats on your decision too Lucyfur!! Enjoy the wedding plans, I am only married 8months but feels like a lifetime ago, enjoy every last minute planning....very exciting times ahead for you :)

please please please stay in touch on FB :(:(

Duh!! You're not getting rid of me that easily;)

How are you doing?

Ah I'm alright. TTC weighing heavily though, unlike with you, you light b1tch!! :p
    Sick of it all but will plod on. Last cycle was quite long, I suspect this one will be too. But I'm planning on ringing the doc for a pre-period scan and hoping to do IVF next month. If IVF doesn't work I'm hanging up my clogs, for a while anyway.
    Cant wait to feel light..... sigh

Oh yeh thinking of doing some acu also, if I can just get off my lazy arse and organise it...

• Advertisement

It's not easy DFT. I got pregnant so easily with the monkey...hard to believe he'll be 10 this year...and then 18 months of trying (which I know is no length compared to some here) with 2 lost babies and 1 lost tube...I can't do it anymore. I've just turned 30, himself is 40, we probably shouldn't be taking a year out but feck it. I actually can not chart/temp/assess CM/assess boob tenderness/time and plan sex/lay there with my legs in the air ANY MORE!! And I am soooooo sick of p1ssy sticks!!!!

I'm still having acu. It's done wonders for my mood and my stomach problems and I think I'm ready to come of the anti-d's because of it. I highly recommend it:) Go to a registered acupuncturist, you can claim back on VHI:)

God I hear you. I don't do most of that stuff any more, cept ovulation tests because of my fecked up cycles. I did the whole obsession thing a year or two ago, and just cannot be bothered now and it's not good for the mind or soul.

I know I *might* get preggo again if I keep trying naturally, but at this stage I am more than happy to let science take over. Yes, IVF has a price tag but my sanity doens't, I'd rather hold on to that, thank you very much!

Great news on the anit-d's. Will you do cold turkey or reduce the dose gradually?
    I really think I need some counselling. got talking about my m/c out of the blue yesterday and out of nowhere I had a melt-down :o ugh, hate feeling like a failure

Big big congrats Teresa!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Ah congrats Teresa, I love coming on here and reading some good news :) BIG CONGRATS!!!

Sorry you are out yellowhen - but fingers crossed for the next cycle - are you using clomid for this one?

I am due AF on the 18th - this has been the worst PMSing month ever - I have been so cranky and everything is annoying me, God I sound like such a bitch. And we seemed to miss the window this month!

I used to take evening primrose oil - not sure if it was a placebo but it seemed to calm the PMS - the doctor told me not to take it since we started TTC - hopefully my marraige will get through it cause right now I am seriously cranky!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

stickybean wrote: »

I used to take evening primrose oil - not sure if it was a placebo but it seemed to calm the PMS - the doctor told me not to take it since we started TTC - hopefully my marraige will get through it cause right now I am seriously cranky!!!

Just on this: I started taking evening primrose on advice of doc (and other posters here!) when I was TTC... Second cycle after i started it I was pregnant :) and am 27 weeks now. My cm wasn't great so between that and the boots conceive plus it did the trick: and we'd been trying on and sometimes off since 09...

cyning wrote: »
    Just on this: I started taking evening primrose on advice of doc (and other posters here!) when I was TTC... Second cycle after i started it I was pregnant :) and am 27 weeks now. My cm wasn't great so between that and the boots conceive plus it did the trick: and we'd been trying on and sometimes off since 09...

Thanks cyning - I thought you were recommended not to take it! I must ask my doctor again.

Does anyone have any other idea's on relieving PMS while TTC?

Thanks girlies x

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Congratulations Teresa

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Hi all,
    New to this forum but read a good bit so far. I already have two lil fellas aged 3 & 5 so I know I can get pregnant naturally but stupidly thought it would happen first month :rolleyes: Both other times were unplanned & I had been on pill and patch so it was a big shock. Life changed overnight & I now wouldn't have it any other way which is why I got my coil removed as we would both love baba no 3. Got my coil removed end of jan this year & really thought I'd be pregnant within a month or so. Two cycles gone & no such luck. Reading all your stories has made me realise how long of a road this could be. I am inspired at the determination you all have I feel hopeless & I in comparrison to most have waited nothing.
    Has anyone here had coil removed & how quickly did you get pregnant?

stickybean wrote: »
    Thanks cyning - I thought you were recommended not to take it! I must ask my doctor again.

Does anyone have any other idea's on relieving PMS while TTC?

Thanks girlies x

For the past 3 months I have been taking B6, B complex, magnesium, Vit D and a good quality fish oil. I suffer horrendously with PMS, from day 14 until the 2nd day of my period. I bloat, my boobs are so very painful, mood swings, spot breakouts, sweats, sleepless nights...you name it.

This month, I'm due Sunday coming and I have slightly swollen and tender boobs and that's it. I don't know which vitamin is helping the most, I think it's the B complex. I'm amazed at the difference :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Lucyfur

I'll give it a try - today is the first day I haven't been an emotional wreck - my husband is threading on eggshells around me - bless!

Oh I can't wait to get this PMS in order

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement