Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

So premenstrual:mad: would kick the dog if he wasn't so good. Am fuming at another month gone by. One year since mc now and 6 months of trying. My husband is hiding from me as Im so psycho. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Morning all. I too am facing a due date in the next few weeks. Baby due on April 26th. I'm giving up the hope of being pregnant again on the date to be honest. It's just not going to happen at this stage. To make matters worse I've a friends wedding that day. I really just wanted to take that day off work and stay at home. The thoughts of getting dressed up just doesn't appeal at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

ah Grawns and Custard, I'm sorry you're feeling so down. Try get out and enjoy the sun...there is something about good weather that just makes everything seem that little bit better. custard, maybe a knees up on your due might not be a bad thing...it might force you to move on and get past that day?

thanks Yellow Hen thats what my hubby reckons. I think I'll go for a stroll at lunch too it is fabulous outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Grawns wrote: »
    So premenstrual:mad: would kick the dog if he wasn't so good. Am fuming at another month gone by. One year since mc now and 6 months of trying. My husband is hiding from me as Im so psycho. :)

Feel better today girls. My friend gave birth to twins yesterday. It sent me a bit mad in the head. Still waiting on my red bicycle -it's lurking. My poor husband is tip-toeing around me.

That's bad luck yellow hen. I'm sure you will enjoy the day though. It's the countdown that sucks every time.

• Advertisement

Hey girls. Are any of you dublin girls on preseed? Do you mind me asking where you got it? Went to three chemists this evening and none of them had it.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hey girls. Are any of you dublin girls on preseed? Do you mind me asking where you got it? Went to three chemists this evening and none of them had it.

Few stock it :( Even Boots didnt which was a surprise. I got mine from www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk along with the cheapie OPK's and pregnancy tests. Delivery was quick - a few days if I remember correctly.

Concieve Plus is one that Boots do, and I think it might be a good alternative if you have no time to wait for the postman ;)

Thanks Neyite. Yep, no time for the postman so might scoot to boots tomorrow to look for it. thanks again!;)

Neyite wrote: »
    Few stock it :( Even Boots didnt which was a surprise. I got mine from www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk along with the cheapie OPK's and pregnancy tests. Delivery was quick - a few days if I remember correctly.

Concieve Plus is one that Boots do, and I think it might be a good alternative if you have no time to wait for the postman ;)

Just clicked into this link in work and my boss walked right behind me! Hopefully she didn't see the picture of a big pregnancy belly and a sperm that popped up:D Ah well that will teach me he he he

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I used to get mine in the small chemists in milltown - they always stocked it!

• Advertisement

dublinlady wrote: »
    I used to get mine in the small chemists in milltown - they always stocked it!
    Got it thanks DL. Tried.6 chemists before I found it. Just eh used it.....v glamorous NOT!

I'm cd14 now. Doc thought I'd ovulate round cd12 but monitor still hasn't hit peak. I wonder is the clomid confusing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all, I have been reading this thread for a while now as I have some similar issues to a few of you ladies. I'm in my early 30's, I have an underactive thyroid gland, pcos and prolactin issues. We haven't been trying officially to get pregnant but we haven't been taking proper precautions either for over a year. We very recently decided to get married this summer and will start properly trying immediately so I'm trying to be as prepared as I can. I have a couple of questions I thought I might try asking in here as even reading through the thread has given me a lot of info(and hope!).

First of all, if you have egg white type cervical mucus for a couple of days mean you are definitely ovulating or can you have that without ovulating. Initially my doctor said that it was ovulation and there would be no other real reason for it. However, on a later visit she said that without an accompanying temp. spike that it probably wasn't.
    My second question is about temperature charting. Can anyone recommend a good thermometer for this as I think mine isn't accurate enough.

Third question is about discharge(TMI, sorry!!!). Occasionally midcycle I might have brown discharge when I wipe(maybe old blood with normal discharge). I was quite worried when this happened first but my doctor more or less told me I was worrying about nothing and said it happens to lots of women. Felt like a bit of a hypochondriac leaving that day! Does this happen to any of you. It has happened last month and twice this month(a week apart). Not looking for medical advice, just curious. Will prob end up going back to Dr anyway.

Sorry for the long post. Looking forward to any info ye might have. Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Got it thanks DL. Tried.6 chemists before I found it. Just eh used it.....v glamorous NOT!

I'm cd14 now. Doc thought I'd ovulate round cd12 but monitor still hasn't hit peak. I wonder is the clomid confusing it?

Hi yellowhen,just thought i'd maybe try to set your mind at ease a bit,when i talked to consultant re charting and opk,he said to throw the opk away and not bother with them as they are just not reliable enough.he said temping was better but only tells you after you have ovulated so every second day bding and maybe an extra around possible ovulation time should be sufficient,i still had some opk in the press and used them this month and have enough for one more month but after that i am not buying anymore.I'm sure you no all this, just don't stress to much on not getting peak on those things,the other signs like ovulation pain,mucous and temp are way more important.
    I had tried a couple of brands, on one i never got a peak and on another i got very strong peak in the same cycle(had bought loads that month so decided to test them out)...best of look for the tww:)

meggysmom wrote: »
    Hi yellowhen,just thought i'd maybe try to set your mind at ease a bit,when i talked to consultant re charting and opk,he said to throw the opk away and not bother with them as they are just not reliable enough.he said temping was better but only tells you after you have ovulated so every second day bding and maybe an extra around possible ovulation time should be sufficient,i still had some opk in the press and used them this month and have enough for one more month but after that i am not buying anymore.I'm sure you no all this, just don't stress to much on not getting peak on those things,the other signs like ovulation pain,mucous and temp are way more important.
    I had tried a couple of brands, on one i never got a peak and on another i got very strong peak in the same cycle(had bought loads that month so decided to test them out)...best of look for the tww:)

Yeah I thought that might be the case. I had the clearblue sticks anyway so just decided to finish them. Got peak today (cd15). I called the hospital and they said to take the blood test on cd20 anyways and if its low, I'll take it again on cd22/23. I cant really tell from mucus this month and the ov pains seem to be a bit sporadic so have no idea if I already have or am at the minute. BDing every second day though so should cover all angles ;)

On a different note, I just found out my sister is pregnant on her third child. Actually went into meltdown when i found out. Am fine again now though. I do wonder if clomid is sending me around the bend :eek:

Yeah I thought that might be the case. I had the clearblue sticks anyway so just decided to finish them. Got peak today (cd15). I called the hospital and they said to take the blood test on cd20 anyways and if its low, I'll take it again on cd22/23. I cant really tell from mucus this month and the ov pains seem to be a bit sporadic so have no idea if I already have or am at the minute. BDing every second day though so should cover all angles ;)

On a different note, I just found out my sister is pregnant on her third child. Actually went into meltdown when i found out. Am fine again now though. I do wonder if clomid is sending me around the bend :eek:

ugh it's so hard isn't it...meds might not be helping the meltdown though!

my mucus has not been much around ovulation since the surgary,usually have noticeable amount at ovulation,might just need more time after op.I ovulated cycle day 13,had pains that day and the day before it also,but last night 2dpo had some twinges too,i googled it(yes i know a little ott) and seemily you can have ovulation pains a day or 2 after ovulation as corpus luthium takes over to sectrete hormones in prep for pregnancy,anyway cd15 seems great for you,still earlier than without the clomid so good luck:)

Yeah Im happy that I seem to be ovulating earlier. I hope the longer LP might help us. I got my preseed too so hopefully that will be good!

Ladies, after much PMS soul searching last night, the hubby and I have decided that we are going to visit the doc next week. We are both getting frustrated TTC and we are prepared for the GP to say wait another six months but we really can’t. We have been trying for a year and a half. We know about fertility problems with the OH and I’m 35 this year. I know he will say I’m fit and healthy and not to let that worry me but it does.
    Any way a long story short I was hoping all you lovely ladies may be able to help me with questions I should ask him. Also what should I tell him I want to happen? I’m not sure what the next step is. We have frozen sperm with the HARI unit but I don’t think IVF is the next step. A few of you have mentioned blood test you have received; can you give me more information about it?
    I really just want to go into him knowing what I want to happen and to leave with some kind of a plan.
    As usual apologies for the rant. I really appreciate any information you can give me.

Hey custard, sorry I dont recall your history. Are you ttc long with/without assistance? We've been ttc for 14months but ended up with doc at only 7/8months. Turned out I did have some problems so we were glad we went to someone early.

I had blood tests taken to ensure I didnt have thyroid problems and also bloods taken on day3 and 21 to check my progesterone levels to ensure I was ovulating. I'm due to get more bloods done this week as this is my first month on clomid. We now have no obvious problems in ttc so please god, it will be just a matter of time. I know from this and other threads that some people just have unexplained fertility.

Best of luck to you whatever you do. x

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Ladies, after much PMS soul searching last night, the hubby and I have decided that we are going to visit the doc next week. We are both getting frustrated TTC and we are prepared for the GP to say wait another six months but we really can’t. We have been trying for a year and a half. We know about fertility problems with the OH and I’m 35 this year. I know he will say I’m fit and healthy and not to let that worry me but it does.
    Any way a long story short I was hoping all you lovely ladies may be able to help me with questions I should ask him. Also what should I tell him I want to happen? I’m not sure what the next step is. We have frozen sperm with the HARI unit but I don’t think IVF is the next step. A few of you have mentioned blood test you have received; can you give me more information about it?
    I really just want to go into him knowing what I want to happen and to leave with some kind of a plan.
    As usual apologies for the rant. I really appreciate any information you can give me.

Hi Custard Cream

I also do not know much about this side of things but I imagine if I was in your position I would want to know all my options and the pros and cons of each. I'm sure the other ladies on here will have excellent advice for you.

Myself I have been a bit all over the place this month, not keeping track of things too much, my chart on FF looks all over the place as a result of last month and dont know how to fix it, its showing I'm meant to be ovulating for like 9 days, ha ha! So we have been a bit lazy this month, perhaps subconsciously taking a break?

Hope everyone else is well anyway.

Hey girls, how you all doing? FFs maybe you're right just to give your head some space for a while. I try to only check in here now and again and not think too much about ttc. Had my cd20 bloods drawn today for clomid. I'm almost certain I was ovulating anyway so I'm just expecting today's bloods to confirm that. Fingers crossed they do anyway! Funny my boobs dont feel as sore yet as they often might. Hoping that's a good sign :) anyone else want to share the 2ww....it's sort of lonely out here :)

• Advertisement

Hey girls, how you all doing? FFs maybe you're right just to give your head some space for a while. I try to only check in here now and again and not think too much about ttc. Had my cd20 bloods drawn today for clomid. I'm almost certain I was ovulating anyway so I'm just expecting today's bloods to confirm that. Fingers crossed they do anyway! Funny my boobs dont feel as sore yet as they often might. Hoping that's a good sign :) anyone else want to share the 2ww....it's sort of lonely out here :)

Hi yellowhen,on the 2 ww here myself,8 dpo today and boobs major sore since 4 dpo and cramps and twinges since then too,have had these symptoms on other cycles too though so trying not to read to much into it,it's gona be a long week...how did you get on with clomid this month?Any major side effects?Were they happy when they scanned you at ovulation?

meggysmom wrote: »
    Hi yellowhen,on the 2 ww here myself,8 dpo today and boobs major sore since 4 dpo and cramps and twinges since then too,have had these symptoms on other cycles too though so trying not to read to much into it,it's gona be a long week...how did you get on with clomid this month?Any major side effects?Were they happy when they scanned you at ovulation?

I think it may have made me a little down and depressed but that seemed to pass when I came off it. I took it at night and woke a few nights in an absolute sweat but was grand by morning. Overall, I nearly wouldnt know I was taking it at all.

Ok now I need your help girls. The doc thought I would ovulate on cd12 this month, clearblue peaked on cd15/16 and today I had cd20 bloods taken. The results came back at 79.5 so nurse said I definitely ovulated. Now im on internet and alot of peoples cd21/21 bloods seem to be around 20-30 so mine seem ridiculously high. Do any of you know what the norm is or is there a norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Ok now I need your help girls. The doc thought I would ovulate on cd12 this month, clearblue peaked on cd15/16 and today I had cd20 bloods taken. The results came back at 79.5 so nurse said I definitely ovulated. Now im on internet and alot of peoples cd21/21 bloods seem to be around 20-30 so mine seem ridiculously high. Do any of you know what the norm is or is there a norm?

Progesterone levels (i.e. the hormone measured on day 21) is measured differently in the USA than in Europe. In USA it's lower. I think they like to see Progesterone at >10 to indicate a good ovulation, in Europe it's >40.... something like that, so don't worry ;)

Thanks dft! Was a bit worried there. I feel absolutely nothing this month do not holding out much hope. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Just got another BFP on the OPK - and in the words of Barry White

"Lets get it on"

Heading for and early night ;)

Let the TWW begin

best of luck to everyone and those coming in to the 2ww.It's long isn't it, but hopefully some family time coming up at easter wil relax us all:)

Yellowhen progesterone level seems great from what I know,again regarding the opk,consultant was adamant that when you get you LH peak on those thing,egg could still be released anyday after meaning peak at 12,egg may not pop until days later,that was the reason he didn't want me using them so don't worry too much about that.I temp too and although he said more reliable still not 100% so the every second day rule must still be followed.Don't worry about lack of symptoms either.I had nothing, felt completely normal with my 1st,although was not even thinking of pregnancy and new nothing about ovulation or charting,just went off birth control and said what will be will be,I think I may have been off it close to 12 months before we got the bfp!!

Anyway fingers crossed for us all this month:)

Hi ladies. Well a bit of good news. I'm pregnant :D I still don't really believe it. It doesn't seem real at all. We had literally made an appointment to see the doc to talk about next steps. What with my hubby having chemo a few years ago and the miscarriage last year we were bother getting very frustrated and down about TTC. So I just did a test on Sunday morning cause I didn't feel any period symptoms at all. So far I've done six tests. All positive.

At the moment I'm just trying to get on with things. I'm not thinking about names or how amazing Christmas will be. We just want to get to eight week scan and then twelve week scan.

Is it weird that I am hoping I get some morning sickness? I think I will feel more "pregnant" if I had some symptoms.

Aahhhhh congratulations!!!!!!

Ah custard, I am so thrilled for you. Its such a lovely thing to log on and read... And no, its not at all odd to want to 'feel' more pregnant. I say bring on the baby bump and lard-ass....I wont complain one iota!

Congrats again.... :)

custard cream,big congrats to you,brilliant news,hopefully you will have started a trend on this forum:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi all,
    I posted here recently about TTC after a loss.
    We lost our first born just after her birth in Nov last year. Physically she was perfect - a wellmade little girl - nearly 9lbs, but she died from unexpected complications that had arisen during the labour.
    We will never get over losing her, but we feel we are now ready to TTC again. So I am joining this board. I never thought I would be back so soon but life threw us a curveball and now we just need to cope with it.

So, this will be our first month TTC and I am hoping that we will be blessed with another pregnancy soon.
    Good luck to all of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement