Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hi all,
    I posted here recently about TTC after a loss.
    We lost our first born just after her birth in Nov last year. Physically she was perfect - a wellmade little girl - nearly 9lbs, but she died from unexpected complications that had arisen during the labour.
    We will never get over losing her, but we feel we are now ready to TTC again. So I am joining this board. I never thought I would be back so soon but life threw us a curveball and now we just need to cope with it.

So, this will be our first month TTC and I am hoping that we will be blessed with another pregnancy soon.
    Good luck to all of you!

Wishing you all the very best cunning, I know nothing will make up for your loss , your daughter will be in your heart always, you can bring her with you into your future, x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Just sending you hugs Cunning Stunt. We're always here to moan, laugh and cry with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Welcome back cunning. I can't even begin to imagine what you went through and are still going through but I'm glad to hear you are dealing with and ready to move on.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Hi ladies. Well a bit of good news. I'm pregnant :D I still don't really believe it. It doesn't seem real at all. We had literally made an appointment to see the doc to talk about next steps. What with my hubby having chemo a few years ago and the miscarriage last year we were bother getting very frustrated and down about TTC. So I just did a test on Sunday morning cause I didn't feel any period symptoms at all. So far I've done six tests. All positive.

At the moment I'm just trying to get on with things. I'm not thinking about names or how amazing Christmas will be. We just want to get to eight week scan and then twelve week scan.

Is it weird that I am hoping I get some morning sickness? I think I will feel more "pregnant" if I had some symptoms.

Fantastic news! Please don't worry on the no symptoms, I had zero symptoms either and was as healthy as I ever was so look at it as you will have a lovely sickness free pregnancy!

HUGE congratulations! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Hi all,
    We lost our first born just after her birth in Nov last year. Physically she was perfect - a wellmade little girl - nearly 9lbs, but she died from unexpected complications that had arisen during the labour.
    We will never get over losing her, but we feel we are now ready to TTC again. So I am joining this board. I never thought I would be back so soon but life threw us a curveball and now we just need to cope with it.

So, this will be our first month TTC and I am hoping that we will be blessed with another pregnancy soon.
    Good luck to all of you!

You are incredibly brave, I hope the wait is a short one for you and u will soon have happy news :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Custard cream - MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Hi everyone,
    OMG huge congratulations to Custard Cream!!!!!:D:D That is just brilliant news!! I just love to hear good news....

Stunning, welcome honey, I am so sorry to hear about your loss last year... I wish you a really short stay here :D And you will have your beautiful little angel with you all the way to give you strength and courage... I get lots of help from mine and it really does help me.. xxxxx I'm wishing you so much luck in your journey <3

I hope you are all doing really well girls.. I don't really know everyones story I'm affraid, I hven't been posting too much. I am just trying to hold myself together here, I'm currently 3days past our 3 day transfer... OMG I don't know how I am going to wait this out.. and believe me I've done the tww so many times (we have been trying for #2 for almost 6 yrs now) but this is our first IVF/ICSI and it is so much harder :(:rolleyes: I just want to know whats going on in there!! lol I was a little dizzy a few times today and felt a bit sick, think I'm killing myself with nervs, I must relax a bit... :cool:

Good luck to everyone, I can't wait to hear more bfp's!!! It happens in 3's girls!! :D:D So who is next I wonder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Big congrats Custard Cream, really happy for you, such great times ahead for you!!!

Cunning Stunt, best wishes for you in the future, can only imagine how hard it was for you to get through such a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Hi all,

Good luck to all of you!

Cunning stunt I am so glad to see you on here again and to see that you feel ready to go again.
    The very best of luck to you and your partner in the future x

Custard Cream huge congratulations!! So delighted for you and your partner! I was the same with the symptoms, praying for them to arrive. Not so sure when the morning sickness kicked in & lasted 3 months :D
    Absolutely thrilled for you :) Wishing you a very happy & healthy pregnancy x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Huge congrats custard cream!! Try to enjoy it , positive thoughts can only help - not easy after a miscarriage I know, but I couldn't help myself get excited - its good for u and the baba! So what will your due date be then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Big congrats Custard Cream, that's put a smile on my face :D

Hi girls, did any of you who used clomid ever get stitches during your two week wait. I have this sort of dull ache/stitch near my right ovary since yesterday. Whilst its not painful, its really irritating. I wuoldnt usually get something like this so just wonder if its clomid. Also (tmi coming), I seem to have alot of sticky cm at the mo (cd 21/22). This would not be common for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Cunning Stunt - I am really sorry to hear about your sad loss - but wish you the very best of luck starting you new journey xxx

And Custard Cream, congratulations - it's so great to read the positive stories here - really gives everyone some hope xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Custard Cream:- Huge congratulations to you!

Hi everyone, a question, I'm taking progesterone gel every night. And OMG is it normal for my boobs to be SOOOO sore.... I feel so nauseas too. I am going to have to start wearing a sports bra to bed as i could cry in the morning when I get up. I can't only barely lie on my stomach anymore, and even that takes some wriggling to get comfy :( I have NO experience with progesterone, I've never taken it before. I'm also getting headaches..

anyone have any side effects from it? my hubby wants me to ring the clinic on Monday/Tuesday to see if its normal... lol

Hi Teresa, my boobs are like this every month for about 10 days before ovulation. I'm not on progrsterone but I believe sore boobs occur when your body begins to produce progrsterone. It's so painful. I usually sleep on my tummy and for those 12days they is impossible. I'm cd23 now and am aching!

OMG yellow hen, you have that every month!!! I would go insane if I had this every month!!! And before ovulation!! crikey.... Oh you are on cd24 today, hope all is going good for you.. will have my fingers crossed for ya honey xxx
    Hoping that the extreme sore bbs are going to be worth it for me :D

I know :( husband came in tonight and accidentally rubbed of one boob and I almost cried with the pain! Cd25 today, on a whim did a cheapie this morn and it was negative. Kind of knew it would be so wasn't too disappointed. can't help wondering what we do after our 3 months of clomid tho?!....

Oh no, sore one!! My step sisters are home from london for the holidays and its sooo good to see them!! Big hugs all round.. OOOUUUCCCHHH.......
    I actually done a cheapie test two days ago, just thought that if I dont' see a positive at the end of this it would be nice to see one now.. lol. I was 8dpo(5dp3dt) and it was stark white.. I thought maybe the trigger would still be there... ah well not to worry... of ccourse today/this evening I done another one :rolleyes: and there was a faint pink line... I'm 10dpo so wow, a little hope but I'm not going to go mental over it yet, I know it could be maybe trigger that just didn;t show up a couple of days ago?! Anyway, fingers are crossed :D

Got worse today, back breaking and stabbing pain in right ovary. :( I actually had a vivid dream list night that i got a positive on a test (talk about ttc taking over my life!). Im cd26 so I think AF is just making her presence known....all the symptoms I feel are my normal monthly ones. I feel a sad week coming on :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

TeresaM wrote: »
    I actually done a cheapie test two days ago, just thought that if I dont' see a positive at the end of this it would be nice to see one now.. lol. I was 8dpo(5dp3dt) and it was stark white.. I thought maybe the trigger would still be there... ah well not to worry... of ccourse today/this evening I done another one :rolleyes: and there was a faint pink line... I'm 10dpo so wow, a little hope but I'm not going to go mental over it yet, I know it could be maybe trigger that just didn;t show up a couple of days ago?! Anyway, fingers are crossed :D

Eh..... your eggo is preggo!! You tested negative the other day so the trigger has left your body. Any positives after a negative trigger test is the real deal!! :D:D:D:D:D

Congrats!!!

p.s. whenever I used trigger it was gone by 8DPO and I tested it out on all three trigger cycles, i.e. tested from date of trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

yellow hen wrote: »
    Got worse today, back breaking and stabbing pain in right ovary. :( I actually had a vivid dream list night that i got a positive on a test (talk about ttc taking over my life!). Im cd26 so I think AF is just making her presence known....all the symptoms I feel are my normal monthly ones. I feel a sad week coming on :o

sometimes after you ovulate the cyst in which the egg was housed doesn't die off (as it should) and can fill with fluid and pop, sounds like that's what's going on with you. It;s normal enough and is quite common. An oul Neurofen will sort ya.
    Sorry if this is not your cycle, fingers crossed for the next one ((hugs))

Eh..... your eggo is preggo!! You tested negative the other day so the trigger has left your body. Any positives after a negative trigger test is the real deal!! :D:D:D:D:D

Congrats!!!

p.s. whenever I used trigger it was gone by 8DPO and I tested it out on all three trigger cycles, i.e. tested from date of trigger

Congrats teresam. I don't understand some of the trigger stuff so will have to get you a to explain to me another day. Sounds positive though so congrats :)

sometimes after you ovulate the cyst in which the egg was housed doesn't die off (as it should) and can fill with fluid and pop, sounds like that's what's going on with you. It;s normal enough and is quite common. An oul Neurofen will sort ya.
    Sorry if this is not your cycle, fingers crossed for the next one ((hugs))

Im actually quite prone to cysts so that doesn't surprise me at all. I hate the way my body produces all these symptoms just before AF is due!

Hi girls..
    Yellow Hen, oh honey, I really hope that you are still in with a chance this month.. I don't know much about cycst, I hven't had any so I don't know what happens.. I just hope that you are still in with a chance... I still have my fingers crossed for you sweetheart <3
    DetectivFoxtrot, I am still being cautious, just in case, I have been trying now for 6.5 years so I have gotten very exccited on many occasions that didn't work out so I have to be carefull.. but I am cautiously excited... :D
    How is everone else doing too? Anyone else just waiting to test??

Good luck to us all....xxx

Hi girls..
    Yellow Hen, oh honey, I really hope that you are still in with a chance this month.. I don't know much about cycst, I hven't had any so I don't know what happens.. I just hope that you are still in with a chance... I still have my fingers crossed for you sweetheart <3
    DetectivFoxtrot, I am still being cautious, just in case, I have been trying now for 6.5 years so I have gotten very exccited on many occasions that didn't work out so I have to be carefull.. but I am cautiously excited... :D
    How is everone else doing too? Anyone else just waiting to test??

Good luck to us all....xxx

6.5yrs? I can understand your cautiousness but maybe this is your time? Everything crossed for you. Can you believe how hard it is got some of us? I'm out for dinner on Friday night and 3 of my friends are pregnant and the rest have kids so dreading I will have an emotional meltdown. I am actually dreading it! :(

6.5yrs? I can understand your cautiousness but maybe this is your time? Everything crossed for you. Can you believe how hard it is got some of us? I'm out for dinner on Friday night and 3 of my friends are pregnant and the rest have kids so dreading I will have an emotional meltdown. I am actually dreading it! :(

I can't even believe that its been that long... we are very lucky to have a son, but have been trying since he was 6 months for #2.... I done another test tonight and it has another line, a little stronger than yesterdays but they are still very light... just showed my hubby the 3 tests that I have done, he has little smile on his face now.. he has told me to test in morning to see what its liike, I have been taking them in the evening as I wasn't really doing it and expecting much, you know.... so morning time testing will begin tomorrow.... :eek::eek:
    Oh your dinner will be nice on Friday :rolleyes::o:rolleyes: god that is hard honey, do you really have to go.. espically when its at the end of a cycle for you.. it could be just too much?? or maybe you will have a little smile on your face ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

best of luck to all those testing this week,teresa m my fingers are crossed for you:)
    As for me I think i'm out.15 dpo and havent tested although temp gone down and due af tomorrow,light cramping has started and boobs feel normal again,no soreness.I have decided to give charting and temping the boot.I feel like it is kinda consuming me.My body gives me all the indicators I need and since charting last august I ovulate either day 13 or 14.From now on I have decided to try to let go a bit.I am hoping this will help with my stress levels and I have also started a excercise program to get my mind on something else.Anyone else do this and find it helps with destressing...After a long chat with my mom the weekend I feel this is best for me:)

I can't even believe that its been that long... we are very lucky to have a son, but have been trying since he was 6 months for #2.... I done another test tonight and it has another line, a little stronger than yesterdays but they are still very light... just showed my hubby the 3 tests that I have done, he has little smile on his face now.. he has told me to test in morning to see what its liike, I have been taking them in the evening as I wasn't really doing it and expecting much, you know.... so morning time testing will begin tomorrow.... :eek::eek:
    Oh your dinner will be nice on Friday :rolleyes::o:rolleyes: god that is hard honey, do you really have to go.. espically when its at the end of a cycle for you.. it could be just too much?? or maybe you will have a little smile on your face ;)

No I unfortunately have to go to this dinner. Ah well, I cant avoid people with babies forever! I hope your test this morning was still positive. Let us know....everything still crossed for you ;)
    best of luck to all those testing this week,teresa m my fingers are crossed for yousmile.gif
    As for me I think i'm out.15 dpo and havent tested although temp gone down and due af tomorrow,light cramping has started and boobs feel normal again,no soreness.I have decided to give charting and temping the boot.I feel like it is kinda consuming me.My body gives me all the indicators I need and since charting last august I ovulate either day 13 or 14.From now on I have decided to try to let go a bit.I am hoping this will help with my stress levels and I have also started a excercise program to get my mind on something else.Anyone else do this and find it helps with destressing...After a long chat with my mom the weekend I feel this is best for mesmile.gif

Hopefully you're not out yet! Im cd27, not sure how many days past ovulation as the doc thought I would ovulate on cd12 but clearblue said 15/16. I'm minimum 11dpo at any rate. Have felt every symptom of AF arriving..back in bits this morn, cramps, pain in ovary so think she'll come by tomorrow :( still hoping against hope she wont though :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hopefully you're not out yet! Im cd27, not sure how many days past ovulation as the doc thought I would ovulate on cd12 but clearblue said 15/16. I'm minimum 11dpo at any rate. Have felt every symptom of AF arriving..back in bits this morn, cramps, pain in ovary so think she'll come by tomorrow :( still hoping against hope she wont though :o[/QUOTE]

thanks hun,finding this month tough but probably pms,mood is bad today,thanks for the positive vibe though,i know how your feeling all the symptoms of af here,i'm expecting af tomorrow too....think I had major hopes this month and also saw if I was due i would have the exact same due date as with my daughter(dec 19th),so thought that would be lovely...alas we will move on again to another month minus thermometer:)
    It's kinda funny reading your posts, you are so similar to me with your symptoms and when you get them(ovary pain and that),hopefully we will be positive partners soon:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement