Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

two middle class mommies lecturing the nation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Charles LindENbergh? I think he's mixing up his air events..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

jaysis, tara should really just stick to the news headlines. her attempts to troll the guests on lunchtime were seriously amateur. so the school bus tickets glitch was because the system only worked on the most up to date browsers. imagine the arseholery if the depts were still only using IE8 or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

"I had a great chat with Tara there last week", a statement many thought they'ld never hear, I would suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭changepartners

Is Michael Graham still on Hooks show? Never seem to catch him on Mondays or here him mentioned these days. I know he moved to New Orleans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is Michael Graham still on Hooks show? Never seem to catch him on Mondays or here him mentioned these days. I know he moved to New Orleans.

He was up until recently anyway. Im sure hes still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That Electric Picnic line-up has so much dross, it's amazing how easily pleased the Irish concert-goers seem to be. Presumably Outkast will play "Hey Ya" on a continuous loop for their gig on Sunday night.

The judge was in agreement with me, even though he didnt say anything to that effect ... I dont think that would hold up in court..

The judge was in agreement with me, even though he didnt say anything to that effect ... I dont think that would hold up in court..

Something doesn't add up with their story. I wonder if Pat would be so sympathetic if it was his house they were refusing to get out of?

Something doesn't add up with their story. I wonder if Pat would be so sympathetic if it was his house they were refusing to get out of?

Or somebody living in the house next door whose land he coveted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Missed the start of this piece about Diana but why is this woman quite obviously reading from a script?

DUBACC wrote: »
    Missed the start of this piece about Diana but why is this woman quite obviously reading from a script?

She's even pausing after the commas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Weird wasn't it Pat Kenny ad libbing in conversion with someone reading off a piece of paper

Weird wasn't it Pat Kenny ad libbing in conversion with someone reading off a piece of paper

Tried to watch it on Newstalk TV but there was nothing there. It must have been pre-recorded.

Surely the least needed channel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

That Electric Picnic line-up has so much dross, it's amazing how easily pleased the Irish concert-goers seem to be. Presumably Outkast will play "Hey Ya" on a continuous loop for their gig on Sunday night.

alot of people dont go for the music, or the main acts. the smaller stages have a better atmosphere. have you been there before?

DUBACC wrote: »

Anybody want to tell me what that segment was about, please? I have watched a few documentaries about Diana and I'm very interested in how M15 and the queen had her killed off the accident in which she died.

alot of people dont go for the music, or the main acts. the smaller stages have a better atmosphere. have you been there before?

Nah, they lost me when they referred to it as a "boutique festival" when it first started; seemed to be pitching for middle class hippies and their posh kids. I suppose they could afford to be selective during the Celtic Tiger years.....

Nah, they lost me when they referred to it as a "boutique festival" when it first started; seemed to be pitching for middle class hippies and their posh kids. I suppose they could afford to be selective during the Celtic Tiger years.....
    its not like that at all

What just happened there?

Anyway hospital food sounds terrible.

• Advertisement

that was such BS, sausage rolls have more bad fat(margarine) and alot less protein than meat, deep fried chicken would have equal or less fat but 50% more protein, but probably 3 times the cost.

only reason they choose sausage rolls is to save money, imagine they applied the same logic to medicine!

maybe they should spec their own sausage rolls with their supplier with higher meat content and less trans fats

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

its not like that at all

It very much wanted to be. The original reason given for refusing to sell day tickets was "we don't want daytrippers ruining the ambience" :rolleyes:

it's like Groundhog day on The Right Hook.... "Kids should never be allowed sugary drinks"... It was fine with Dave, George and Shane... They dont need a resident doctor..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The doctor while I'm sure she's a very nice person doesn't work for me at all on Hook's panel. She irks me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

The doctor while I'm sure she's a very nice person doesn't work for me at all on Hook's panel. She irks me.

She's an awful know-it-all dose. I'd rather microwave my head than listen to her for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

its not like that at all

They certainly tried. Most poeple I know who go/went to it fit that bill.

Socialites, fashionistas, posh kids etc. All roite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

it's like Groundhog day on The Right Hook.... "Kids should never be allowed sugary drinks"... It was fine with Dave, George and Shane... They dont need a resident doctor..

They had that discussion a few weeks ago, Geroge might have been off or something. Dave was insisting kids should NEVER drink anything other than water or milk. Like never. Now i'm not a parent but as an adult person I know not to horse sugary drinks into me but I also know if I have a sugary drink or some "juice" it's not going to kill me. I was also a tad annoyed he held milk in such high regard when it has a high fat, saturated fat and sugar content for something seen as "healthy". At least bringing in a doctor ads some degree of sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

What's up with Chris and his 't's today? They are particularly bad. Worse than usual today

"On ttttwitttta I eattttt de meattttt on Satttitttay"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Twas Not wrote: »
    What's up with Chris and his 't's today? They are particularly bad. Worse than usual today

"On ttttwitttta I eattttt de meattttt on Satttitttay"

too many bangers at Electric Picnic

• Advertisement

its not like that at all

You should listen to Hugh Linehan's interview with Sean Moncrieff at 1.30 today. He stayed in a tepee with his wife and two kids over the weekend......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement