Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

MYOB wrote: »
    It very much wanted to be. The original reason given for refusing to sell day tickets was "we don't want daytrippers ruining the ambience" :rolleyes:
    because everyone is there for the 3 days and can relax, its like a holiday not a day trip. day-trippers aren't a class of people

You should listen to Hugh Linehan's interview with Sean Moncrieff at 1.30 today. He stayed in a tepee with his wife and two kids over the weekend......
    all my friends stay in the campsites, those are for the rich people! they brought in different sleeping facilities over the last few years with showers but you have to pay alot more.

unless youve been to EP you cant make up your mind what its actually like.

More Music wrote: »
    They certainly tried. Most poeple I know who go/went to it fit that bill.

Socialites, fashionistas, posh kids etc. All roite.

because its the best festival in the country theyre gonna be attracted to it, but theyre not the majority

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I think I'll pass, to be honest. I've never really had any compunction to watch Bonnie Tyler as a near headline act, and if I want to see Chic, I'm fairly sure I could catch up with them in a more compact and bijou setting, such as a Cork nightclub where I'd probably get in for half nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have.

It desperately tries to be something its not and it is *hugely* over-rated at that.

• Advertisement

Somebody needs to tell Ivan the real meaning of "whacking off".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Chris showing his tenacious journalistic instincts, following up every angle on this nude celeb pics story...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

When it comes to making a mountain of a celebrity non-story Chris has journo-skillz....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone else lost signal (in the Waterford area?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Thought Chris Donohue did extremely well this morning interviewing the priest from Cork, re the murders there yesterday. An extremely sensitive discussion and he handled it very well, it took a lot of maturity and confidence.

• Advertisement

The show only started ten minutes ago, but Hook, Coleman and McIntyre are already starting to grate.

Healthywealthy.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

The show only started ten minutes ago, but Hook, Coleman and McIntyre are already starting to grate.

Healthywealthy.jpg

Was Doctor Dose missing from the lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

1 minute into moncreiff. anyone still listening?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

1 minute into moncreiff. anyone still listening?!!

Was going to give it a chance but when they said the guy from the Catholic magazine was on aswell as Tara filling in, today fm was turned on very quickly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ah Jaysus, not her again :mad:

Get McCrea or Davenport even Jennifer Maguire and that other lad would be more bearable.

Did anyone else hear Sean get mega defensive about Tara when he came back after his holiday last time? Must have got a few texts in saying glad he was back etc and he went on a rant and a half!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Did anyone else hear Sean get mega defensive about Tara when he came back after his holiday last time? Must have got a few texts in saying glad he was back etc and he went on a rant and a half!

Really what was he saying? I switched on Joe once I heard she was on!

Really what was he saying? I switched on Joe once I heard she was on!

There was a text I think from someone giving out that they'd not been listening cause he was off and Sean took it that it was a dig at Tara cause she's a woman and not up to it. Went all out defensive of her then.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There was a text I think from someone giving out that they'd not been listening cause he was off and Sean took it that it was a dig at Tara cause she's a woman and not up to it. Went all out defensive of her then.

In fairness, I think that texter said something along the lines of 'I was tired of getting the view from the women's room' or something like that and then Sean gave out to him so there was a definite dig at her in that text.

I couldn't tell you how good or bad she is, I find her voice unbearable to listen to I just switch off straight away.

In fairness, I think that texter said something along the lines of 'I was tired of getting the view from the women's room' or something like that and then Sean gave out to him so there was a definite dig at her in that text.

I couldn't tell you how good or bad she is, I find her voice unbearable to listen to I just switch off straight away.

Ah makes sense, only caught the end of what he read out then the rant. Whoever text should have just said she was ****e, no lie and not being sexist then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Considering all the criticism about the lack of women presenters, I can understand
    his reaction to that comment. Here he is trying to do something about the imbalance,
    and some ignoramus has to send in that misogynistic text!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

FFS, The Right Hook becomes the Left [wing] Hook. Hook absent, with Fergus Finlay sitting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

People are being far too harsh here. They're just filling for a couple of days, if even that. It's no big deal. There aren't too many brilliant, but under-unemployed, presenters out there that they could use instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    People are being far too harsh here. They're just filling for a couple of days, if even that. It's no big deal. There aren't too many brilliant, but under-unemployed, presenters out there that they could use instead.

Agree for definite.

Moncrieff is the best, in my opinion. Very hard to replace full stop. Listened to a good bit of the show today. Thought Tara did well. (Only problem is I'm used to her voice doing the news, seems a bit funny sometimes when she starts asking questions).

But yeah, chill dudes.

Edit: Michael Graham, however...radio off for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bring back Davenport awkwardly talking sex. Some of the best terrible radio I've ever heard tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Bring back Davenport awkwardly talking sex. Some of the best terrible radio I've ever heard tbh.

my girlfriend doesn't like it when i rest my nutsack on her forehead while she starts oral. she says there's clingons from my arse rubbing on her head. should we experiment or is she a prude and should i dump her for her more adventurous sister....

is always the message i wanted someone to send in!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Leo Varadkar was giving different interviews, but the same content, on Radio1 & Newstalk after 0800.
    Very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

snubbleste wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar was giving different interviews, but the same content, on Radio1 & Newstalk after 0800.
    Very confusing.

And the Newstalk news bulletin drew their usual sensational scoop from said interview: "Leo Varadkar thinks abortion legislation should not be rewritten on the basis of one case". What next? "Simon Coveney has told Newstalk he thinks Enda Kenny is a great fellow altogether."

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Sounded like I just tuned in to a ten minute advert for a certain brand of tablet. I missed the beginning of that segment but are the parents being sucked in to the thinking that this is the only tablet out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

'The black Daniel O'Donnell - Frederick Douglas'!!! Hahaha!!!!
    Ivan Yates did not get an A in history, methinks!!

Thought I was hearing things, but he did correct himself after the break.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement