Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Kurz wrote: »
    George Hook now completely slating Barack Obama and saying "good riddance, bring on Romney!"

Every other week Hook is singing the praises of Obama and the Democrats. What a joke of a broadcaster.

You have got to be joking me. I have never heard him say a good word about Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

George Hook now completely slating Barack Obama and saying "good riddance, bring on Romney!"

Every other week Hook is singing the praises of Obama and the Democrats. What a joke of a broadcaster.

You have got to be joking me. I have never heard him say a good word about Obama.

Remember Obama's inauguration?
    Hook was practically blubbering into the mic. It was arse kissing taken to new levels - even by Hook's standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Heroditas wrote: »
    Hook was practically blubbering into the mic. It was arse kissing taken to new levels - even by Hook's standards.

Three years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

He often says Obama has been a disappointment. Just listen to his conversations with Michael Graham and you will hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Heroditas wrote: »

He was blubbering into the mic for the one and only reason that he was invited to the occasion.
    He had nothing good to say about Obama and complained non stop about how good everybody thought Obama was as a speaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If I remember correctly, Hook secured a great broadcast position for the inauguration through Ted Kennedy's people. Relentless ass kissing probably had something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jonathan Healy just said Toblerone as rhyming slang for "on your own" to an American (who to his credit didn't pause to wonder!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

risteard7 wrote: »
    just to let people know who may not have heard, Tom jones, van morrison and Bobby womack are playing in marlay park on the 25th of august

pints before hand in the Leopardstown Inn??

can never understand how a pub can run so many adds on the radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

woops wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

bamboozle wrote: »
    just to let people know who may not have heard, Tom jones, van morrison and Bobby womack are playing in marlay park on the 25th of august

pints before hand in the Leopardstown Inn??

can never understand how a pub can run so many adds on the radio
    Yea and we can eat in greens restaurant then have a drink in the carousal cocktail bar

Oh I listen to newstalk way to much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The backslapping and Arse licking between Hook and Dunne on a Saturday morning is unreal.
    Hook spitting and blabbering into the mic, and Dunne describing every song as "beautiful" "amazing" "inspiring" "gorgeous". And the fake laugh as he's talking and agreeing with everything that Hook says.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I think they work well.I enjoy thier spot on Saturday morning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

kneemos wrote: »
    I think they work well.I enjoy thier spot on Saturday morning.

+1. I find it one of the better slots on the Sit-In. I generally enjoy Tom's perspective on music.

I've had enough of Newtalk's resident creep Brendan Keenan.. Another Jim Power, got it all wrong and still giving advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Will someone please tell john drennan he
    Is not funny! He wont even give his opinion on something without trying to be "witty" every time.

John you are not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Will someone please tell john drennan he
    Is not funny! He wont even give his opinion on something without trying to be "witty" every time.

John you are not funny

Thats just his shtick - his articles for the Sindo are tounge in cheek - like Miriam Lord in the Irish Times.

If you want a straight laced opinion piece, get someone else on - dont expect Drenan to change.

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    If you want a straight laced opinion piece, get someone else on - dont expect Drenan to change.

It's the same with Michael O'Regan on The Sunday Show.. Trying to be funny all the time, really cringe worthy nonsense.... He's actually worse than John Murray.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Michael Graham will be co hosting with Hook from Galway today. Should be entertaining. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭GSF

Gotta laugh at the NewsTalk vox pop on the Quinns and the guy who says about Peter Darragh Quinn "he's a young guy and sure maybe he isnt into the prison thing and you gotta respect that" :eek: Better than any other comedy on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Good piece on maeve binchy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ian Guider on his tod today - only two hours but still any number of "th" sounds went missing in action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

It's incredibly petty to insult someone's enunciation, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

DB21 wrote: »
    It's incredibly petty to insult someone's enunciation, in my opinion.

No it's not. If you're on national radio it should be a requirement that you can speak properly.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone hear that "Other Voices" documentary on at 12pm today? "Who Killed Bill?" or something.

Was weird, at first I thought it was an interesting style, to do it all as if it was being reported live, but increasingly I found myself getting irked by the "reporters", who just came across as cheesy 1920's reporters who were taking it on themselves to solve the case.
    And the way it ended, after building up throughout the hour as if they were going to reveal the killer, to devote less than a minute to say "Yeah, it went unsolved, but they think it X who killed him by accident." was rather hollow.

Opinions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Michael Graham is being a bigger a$$hole than usual right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

George's top three film stars...Marilyn Monroe, Brigitte Bardot, Lassie..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Michael Cliffords voice........something about it......just turns my stomach :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,037 ✭✭✭✭neris

That vox pop that henry was doing on breakfast in london was cringeworthy. Whos the guy standing in for chris? Hes desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

neris wrote: »
    That vox pop that henry was doing on breakfast in london was cringeworthy.

it's on now again. what's so cringeworthy about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Anyone hear that "Other Voices" documentary on at 12pm today? "Who Killed Bill?" or something.

Was weird, at first I thought it was an interesting style, to do it all as if it was being reported live, but increasingly I found myself getting irked by the "reporters", who just came across as cheesy 1920's reporters who were taking it on themselves to solve the case.
    And the way it ended, after building up throughout the hour as if they were going to reveal the killer, to devote less than a minute to say "Yeah, it went unsolved, but they think it X who killed him by accident." was rather hollow.

Opinions?

was on earlier this year on another bank holiday...much cheaper than double time for someone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement