Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T4 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

I wish there was room for Brian Thompson in this movie:

BrianThompson2.jpg
    briant2.jpg
    10.%20Brian%20Thompson.jpg
    DFest18.jpg

And there he is in the original Terminator, with Arnie:

article7b.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

err... why?

DFest18.jpg

He looks like a dog who got a whiff of his own fart in this picture! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

JP Liz wrote: »
    This looks like the one from or month or 2 back?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

err... why?

I don't know... because he looks to me like a several ton killing machine with a metal endoskeleton?

• Advertisement

I don't know... because he looks to me like a several ton killing machine with a metal endoskeleton?
    Touche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Clips from new flick here http://www.dumbdrum.com/terminator-salvation-featurette-the-art-of-martin-laing/

!0 new terminators. Arnie has a scene (I'm guessing at the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

jaysus............that looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

iMax wrote: »
    Clips from new flick here http://www.dumbdrum.com/terminator-salvation-featurette-the-art-of-martin-laing/

!0 new terminators. Arnie has a scene (I'm guessing at the end)

The beginning of that looked excellent (very reminiscent of BSG to my mind!) but the scene at the end
    with the T600
    looked to lack tension? But hopefully that's just because its a few clips cobbled together.

Anyway, I'm pretty hopeful about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

http://www.sonypictures.net/movies/terminatorsalvation/poster.html

Very, very cool.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/11/25/terminator-salvation-running-time-revealed-josh-brolin-was-almost-a-terminator/

Running time is going to be about 2 hours and 10 mins, so McG has quelled any fears that he was making a 90 minute popcorn flick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Really looking forward to this movie, much higher hopes than I did for T3.
    And I think anybody missing Arnie will get a pleasant nostalgic feeling from Roland Kickinger's portrayal of an early prototype T-800, he played Arnie in a TV movie about him a few years ago.
    And Bale is the f*ckin man.

D-FENS wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this movie, much higher hopes than I did for T3.
    And I think anybody missing Arnie will get a pleasant nostalgic feeling from Roland Kickinger's portrayal of an early prototype T-800, he played Arnie in a TV movie about him a few years ago.
    And Bale is the f*ckin man.

This is easily my most anticipated film of 2009. Loved T1 and T2, thought T3 got a bit of a unjust hard time (no where near the first two but it was decent).

Really encouraged by everything that McG has been saying so far. Couple that with the fact that Bale and Worthington (a lot of expectation around this guy) signed up for it so I'm confident of one to remember come June. And Jonah Nolan is basically rewriting the original script so it has all the raw materials, it's just a case now of whether McG can pull it off in the directors chair.

And there are some crazy rumours going around about Roldand Kickingers role.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    And there are some crazy rumours going around about Roldand Kickingers role.

Do Tell...?

Do Tell...?

The latest word is that they are going to
    CG Arnolds face on to his body.

Direct Quote from McG;
    “We’re trying to synthesise a human character with a CGI character and that may or may not have something to do with the T800,” McG said with a smile. “At the moment it’s not good enough. And we’re running out of time.”
    http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/11/20/mcg-reveals-terminator-salvation-secrets/

Absolutely crazy stuff if they can pull it off.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    The latest word is that they are going to
    CG Arnolds face on to his body.

Direct Quote from McG;
    “We’re trying to synthesise a human character with a CGI character and that may or may not have something to do with the T800,” McG said with a smile. “At the moment it’s not good enough. And we’re running out of time.”
    http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/11/20/mcg-reveals-terminator-salvation-secrets/

Absolutely crazy stuff if they can pull it off.

Oh, not sure about that.
    CGI would have to be inch perfect (Which let's face it, at times is not) and I would feel a bit cheated that's it not really Arnie.
    Plus I was looking forward to them going with the concept of it being a prototype i.e. not quite Arnie, yet.
    Roland Kickinger is very similar to Arnie not just physically obviously but facially too, they should play on that. As well as having some of the familiar traits that Arnie made famous, it would actually look more convincing with a young actor playing the cyborg, not a man approaching 60 like T3 (At the very least I’d hope they'd use old footage from T1)

Oh, not sure about that.
    CGI would have to be inch perfect (Which let's face it, at times is not) and I would feel a bit cheated that's it not really Arnie.
    Plus I was looking forward to them going with the concept of it being a prototype i.e. not quite Arnie, yet.
    Roland Kickinger is very similar to Arnie not just physically obviously but facially too, they should play on that. As well as having some of the familiar traits that Arnie made famous, it would actually look more convincing with a young actor playing the cyborg, not a man approaching 60 like T3 (At the very least I’d hope they'd use old footage from T1)

Yeah I agree, I'm weary of it myself. I mean they are planning for three films; are they going to
    CG Arnolds face in all three? Will they have to recruit Arnie to say a few lines and if they do, you can bet your bottom dollar that Arnie won't do that cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Why has nobody posted the incredible flash poster yet?

http://www.fearnet.com/news/b13884_flash_y_terminator_salvation_poster.html

Why has nobody posted the incredible flash poster yet?

http://www.fearnet.com/news/b13884_flash_y_terminator_salvation_poster.html

Post #71.;) It's an awesome graphic, and I'm just hoping we get the first full trailer soon! McG said it would be with Quantum of Solace but oh well!:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its not a poster its a screen

Very very intense! Can't wait for tuesday.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It certainly looks gritty; but beyond that it's impossible to tell. The visuals are certainly right it seems, but it'll take more than a brown palette to make a decent (Terminator) movie. Am personally looking forward to more detail on the "transition" terminators.

Oh and hearing someone actually say it out loud merely reinforces what a stupid name "McG" is :rolleyes:

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh and hearing someone actually say it out loud merely reinforces what a stupid name "McG" is :rolleyes:

Agreed, sounds like a burger that's available for a limited time only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

was that a trailer for a trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw_hALL7zqg

Slight peek at next week's trailer.

right

i'm out

that looks f*cking awful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm on repeat watchings though, the more I see that giant "harvestor" terminator, the more I lose a little faith; it just looks a little too "Transformers"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Eire 4Ever wrote: »
    There's been rumors that John Connor will only be a small part in the film. Not so, says McG. "John Connor's a major player in it - Christian Bale's playing that part."

Who else but Bale can save the saga after terminator 3: bull****. I saw the trailer for this over the summer in America and it looks fantastic. Bale as John Connor is just the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Hmm on repeat watchings though, the more I see that giant "harvestor" terminator, the more I lose a little faith; it just looks a little too "Transformers"

thats what i saw

Bullet time and transformers and went

f*ck

not interested

stop the bus, i'm getting off and going back to the sarah connor chronicles...its somewhat...less stupid (which is saying alot seeing as it can be very very stupid at times)

i still think moving things into the future was a bad idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    right

i'm out

that looks f*cking awful.

I don't see what you have to base that opinion on, there are about 14 to 18 seconds of actual movie footage in the trailer trailer! Are you going to get off the bandwagon at this point so that you can say "I told you so" in 9 months time?

Personally, I think this movie will be a great continuation of the franchise, mask the bad memories of T3 and be let down by crap dialogue.

Advertisement