Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T4 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What's particularly stupid there is the fact that Robert Patrick's image was from the cop that the T-1000 first impersonated. Not the person who made the T-1000.

I'm not sure, I think from what I remember that the T-1000 did indeed have the image of Robert Patrick when he time travelled back naked.

Here I found it in this video. You'll see him naked at about 17 secs onwards;

But it does sound absolutely awful. The one thing I'll be happy about is that Jonah Nolan will be the actual writer if McG gets another shot, instead of trying to make the Catwoman hack's script work. And Jonah Nolan would not possibly write something **** like McG has outlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't like the concept that any advances that Skynet has made were all down to human development projects before Judgement Day.

Takes away from the threat that Skynet is... as it makes it look like it actually needs humans in order to evolve.

Skynet should be a terrible intelligence with nothing in common with a human intelligence at all. That's why keeping it off screen for all the films was the best approach for giving it more menace.
    Giving it a human face and having it chat away in Salvation was awful... and also, why did all the computers in the skynet base have graphical user interfaces... what possible reason would that be there for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I dont know what worse about this film Christian Bale or Christian fcking Bale?

"I'll be back"...god i hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Giving it a human face and having it chat away in Salvation was awful... and also, why did all the computers in the skynet base have graphical user interfaces... what possible reason would that be there for?

ya that was stupid too.

James Cameron said as far as he is concerned, the Terminator story ended with T2. So i dont think I will bother watching another Terminator film after how bad 3 & 4 turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

saw it the other night....disappointed is an understatement...

a rip-off of (homage??) to so many films.....

blade runner.

alien(s)

T1+T2

the matrix

FFS MCG.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

christian bale by the way is onetothe best actors around by amile.

he's one of my favs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

2. Skynet. Why does their set up include a skyscraper and look like it was built by and for humans? Think outside the box McG!

Just a stab in the dark but this could be because Skynet was built and operated by humans. So the skyscraper was where the human operators worked, before the machines killed them off.

Just a stab in the dark but this could be because Skynet was built and operated by humans. So the skyscraper was where the human operators worked, before the machines killed them off.

Looked like the whole city was obliterated by the nuclear strikes around it, so it looked like it had been built after Judgement Day.

Oh yeah. Good point.

Perhaps it was all part of the (over) elaborate plot that involved Marcus?

That or Skynet is a Frank Lloyd Wright fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Whats the story with the person in the window at Skynet HQ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Anyone see what McG reckons his premise will be for a potential sequel? If he goes down this route, then the **** really will hit the fan. I don't even know where to start. Why 2011, seven years after judgement day?:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_(franchise)#Planned_sequels
    *dances* :p

Yes, those rumours / stories were circulating before T4 came out; I really hope it's a wind up because the whole premise of that sounds like a cross between a 14 year old's fanstory & something Asylum Films would make. And it says a lot about how McG's creative mind works that the only way he feels he can move the story along is by exponentially increasing the number of robots and probable explosions.

Between this, the news of a new Predator "reboot" and another Alien movie on the way, I despair!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Between this, the news of a new Predator "reboot" and another Alien movie on the way, I despair!

Total Recall and Robocop remakes on the way too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

*dances* :p

Yeah yeah, whatever.:P I saw that The Irish Times gave it 3 stars out of 5 this morning, score!:pac:

Who ever said that Hollywood has lost its' creativity and imagination?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Here's a clip from the first one:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

why would you remake robocop it's a classic , epic fail on the way

MooseJam wrote: »
    why would you remake robocop it's a classic , epic fail on the way

The fact that Darren Aronofsky is attached to direct has peaked my interest somewhat though.

But yes. Unnecessary remake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh yes, that's right. Thanks for reminding me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

You think a 50 foot robot with a gun for a head and that shoots motor bikes out of it's feet is a good design? Not to mention the fact that it somehow still manages to sneak up on people.

It's not very subtle and is like something a 12 year old would draw on his copy book. Certainly not up to the imagination that we've seen from Stan Winston over the years. It's also incredibly derivative of the recent War of the Worlds film.

Stan Winston didn't design the terminator at all,he made the models and robots for the films,Cameron designed the character of the metal skeleton which he saw in a nightmare and had help with the other stuff.

In the film did it not drop off the "cattle ship" thing? One caught Worthington when he fell off the bridge so i would take a guess that the ship deploys them rather than them just strolling up etc.

I would love to meet a 12 year old with an imagination like that as well,kid would have a future to say the least.

It's a tought call.

The machines make sense in McGs human harvesting world but are a bit too far removed from the original machines.

If I'm going to catch some mice in my house I'm not going to run about the place trying to pick them up in my hands.

• Advertisement

It's a tought call.

The machines make sense in McGs human harvesting world but are a bit too far removed from the original machines.

It is a bit,but remember,this isnt the far future we saw in the past films,no lazer canons or clans of t-800's either,so its still the future but not as far into it like the clips from the other films.

For this film i think the robots are perfect,gritty and old looking like the environment.

Yeah, I was wondering about that.
    Though I think it's better that they use machine guns, sorta keeps a semblance of reality.

I think the T-600s were grand, I just hated those Biped harversters, Termicycles, and the robot water snakes.

Yeah, I was wondering about that.
    Though I think it's better that they use machine guns, sorta keeps a semblance of reality.

I think the T-600s were grand, I just hated those Biped harversters, Termicycles, and the robot water snakes.

I didnt like the hydrobots really,i did the like the harvester and the bikes,something different i suppose.

Yeah, but I still think it would have been better to not introduce new Terminators in this film.

Well its is supposed to be a different version of the terminator world so introducing new Terminator machines was a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Lol Mark Kermode just called McG "Michael Bay's untalented cousin" and described Terminator "Regurgiatation" as "earth-shatteringly dull". Hear hear

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Saw it tonight and it's decent enough, if a bit ridiculous.

The funniest bit was when
    they somehow avoid any of the fallout despite detonating a nuclear blast from a helicopter located directly above the site. I mean come on now :rolleyes:

Full of holes but it passed 2 hours.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

i enjoyed it, couldn't say i was disappointed as soon as i knew mcg was behind it i only hoped to be entertained but tbf i really was. I finally saw a badass john conner which i wanted to see from t2 on. I was kinda hoping for an arnie cameo but we cant have everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

ziedth wrote: »
    I was kinda hoping for an arnie cameo but we cant have everything.

Em, did you pop out to the loo near the end of the film by any chance ?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

plissken wrote: »
    Em, did you pop out to the loo near the end of the film by any chance ?:)
    I presume he means an ACTUAL cameo by Arnie.. not some CGI bull-sheet..

Advertisement