Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T4 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The spoony one reviews are mostly reliable (except when it comes to anime, which he simply doesnt get. :D)

he sometimes might miss some small details but he's usually right on the overall plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

afaik and i could be wrong but when/where was it stated in the films that 1984 was the year of those particular events, it could have been earlier maybe 1980 thus making connor 13/14 in 1994.

I believe terminator states its 1984 in its opening text scroll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

actually i think im wrong, in t2 after the mall scene the cops refer to the police station shoot-out as being in 1984, and your probably right with the opening credits

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

Hi lads/ladies,

Anyone know when & where the Dublin premier is on?

Anyway of getting a pair of tickets for it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Outlawnoob

Everything aside, i still believe this movie was enjoyable. When you have an action movie with a big budget like this, you can at least rely on the CGI and Special Effects to be kickass, which they were in my opinion.

Im surprised it didn't pull in the big bucks no matter what the quality of the plot was..

I think one of the big reasons for a low showing could have been it's rating. The older crowd that grew up with the Terminator franchise probably don't want to see a pg Terminator film (Well they might plan on seeing it but wont be rushing out the opening weekend) and the kids wont really know that much about the franchise to make them wanna rush out and see it opening weekend.

Just a theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Its PG? WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

This guy thinks it was AMAAZIIIING!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ30S6DXTpw

Paleface wrote: »

Embeded it for you.

I was curious to see the review till I saw who it was. Not only is his face offensive but his voice could be used to crack terrorist suspects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Paleface wrote: »

is that guy rippin the piss?! wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

A hugely important spoiler I just read indicated that
    John Connor is barely in it, and most of the film revolves around this Worthington chap.

At least it's closure on how the film will be, after those deceptive trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Jesus, what the hell....is this guy a failed genetic experiment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

And that, folks, is the American youth...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

He sounds like your man on the wall Cartman stoned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Alas, have to say the film is crushingly average. Not bad, by any means, but nothing special at all. Worthington is good (accent's a bit all over the place though...), but Christian Bale just seems like he's on autopilot (growl and shout are his default settings..). The last set piece is good, but even then, the last five minutes is flat and predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Outlawnoob

That kid actually has some really funny videos lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaNpYpSZ2C4&feature=channel_page

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I suppose it's better than a bucket of warm spit ...

chickensalivation.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

4 Stars from Empire and Total Film, a rare instance of them agreeing! Both mags seem to be saying the same thing, that it's definitely its own film and that it ends too abruptly...and apparently without a bona fide cliffhanger which is a bit odd!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I had just watched T3:Rise of the Machines tonight as it was showing on Network 2 and ... well, to be honest it's not that bad, least ways not as bad as some people made it out to be. Granted there's some wobbly plot points & the humour is way off the mark, but the action's solid, in this age of overdone CGI it's nice to see some "real" effects in the car chases, and the climax is top notch (the ending in particular where
    we discover John c. & Brewster were just being led to an underground bunker to hide, not Skynet's CPU
    ). I also didn't find it's contribution to the mythos that offensive; sure John Connor's a whiny coward, but wouldn't you be? Your mum's dead, your supposed destiny & life's in tatters, I think he earned the right to be po'ed.

I only mention it because some people have been commenting of T4 that "at least it's better than T3". I don't think the third movie's as bad as some people perhaps remember it; I think it's worst crime is that following on from the first & second movies, it never stood a chance of hitting those heights. Tonight was the first time I had seen T3 in full since it came out in the cinema, so those years of reading about its pariah status seem curiously exaggerated.

Now T4 on the other hand, the more I see / hear and read of it as release day comes closer, the less I feel compelled to see it. It looks like the kind of thing that could only come out of the "Gears of War" generation.

actually the two reviews that I have watched on it from reviewers that I at least understand their taste so can judge my own in comparison say its worse then T3.

But I am one of those ones who disliked T3 (though not for action, I agree that car chase was pretty cool up until the CGI crash at the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I have a feeling this is going to be like Aliens vs Predator, a thin plot, a shadow of its former self and elliptical violence.

I don't particularly like Bale as an actor. Apart from is genius performance in American Psycho and a good turn in the Machinist I don't think he's particularly outstanding. In Batman he was basically Patrick Bateman as Bruce Wayne. Hes got an asshole face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

pixelburp wrote: »
    I had just watched T3:Rise of the Machines tonight as it was showing on Network 2 and ... well, to be honest it's not that bad, least ways not as bad as some people made it out to be. Granted there's some wobbly plot points & the humour is way off the mark, but the action's solid, in this age of overdone CGI it's nice to see some "real" effects in the car chases, and the climax is top notch (the ending in particular where
    we discover John c. & Brewster were just being led to an underground bunker to hide, not Skynet's CPU
    ). I also didn't find it's contribution to the mythos that offensive; sure John Connor's a whiny coward, but wouldn't you be? Your mum's dead, your supposed destiny & life's in tatters, I think he earned the right to be po'ed.

I only mention it because some people have been commenting of T4 that "at least it's better than T3". I don't think the third movie's as bad as some people perhaps remember it; I think it's worst crime is that following on from the first & second movies, it never stood a chance of hitting those heights. Tonight was the first time I had seen T3 in full since it came out in the cinema, so those years of reading about its pariah status seem curiously exaggerated.

Now T4 on the other hand, the more I see / hear and read of it as release day comes closer, the less I feel compelled to see it. It looks like the kind of thing that could only come out of the "Gears of War" generation.

It was the fact that it was a watered down re-hash of the second movie that I hated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It was the fact that it was a watered down re-hash of the second movie that I hated.
    Undeniably, no more evident than with the crane-truck chase at the start (no matter how good it was). But it must be said that T3 hardly justifies the stigma and label of cinematic cancer that it seems to garner from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Very interested to know what you will all think of the movie, with such a well loved concept it's so hard to please everyone! John Connor doesn't really have that much of an impact in this movie for some reason, in that respect the movie doesnt have as much heart as the other movies, the whole film does actually seem quite short! But it's a great action movie and much darker than the last (which I watched with my OH on sat and found quite cheesy)

I think there's going to be a lot of arguments on here about the movie when everyone sees it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

theres to many posts to go through, just wondering.
    is michael ironside in this movie? i thought i saw him in the making of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

theres to many posts to go through, just wondering.
    is michael ironside in this movie? i thought i saw him in the making of it.

yes he is

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

MooseJam wrote: »
    yes he is
    cool ,thanks moose.
    that guy doesn't get near enough the credit he deserves. an excellent actor and highly under rated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

thats one reason alone to go see the movie. Mike Ironside is a legend. "He's got a hologram!!!!"

Advertisement