Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

It has just snowed in Blanchardstown for approx 2.38 minutes. Does this count as significant snowfall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Sleet rain turning more to snow in D8.

Not a hope of it sticking though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It has just snowed in Blanchardstown for approx 2.38 minutes. Does this count as significant snowfall?

No it would have to be much more then that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Snowing in Dublin near city centre now.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Sleety snow in Ballsbridge!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Temp now 5.3c, rising bigtime, it seems that shower activity is dying out somewhat. I am getting less hopeful about getting decent snow down here. However, with force 11 winds forecast for the Northeast, along with the latest fax chart posted above, it could well be more interesting further north and east of here in the next 24hrs. Tense times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Gonzo wrote: »
    had some rain/sleet/snow all mixed in together a while ago, blue skys and sun again now tho.

Exact same here in Dublin 15. It was quite mental for a couple of minutes but clear bright skies now.

http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb&sat=ir

As you can see from that sat pic,we're really in only a very modified polar maratime westerly at the moment.
    When that low sinks further south we should be in true artic air.

Thats when the fun begins.
    It's also when the showers will stop in my location though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Good day all,

Gonna catch my 3pm lecture and skip home!

Just had a sleet shower rash through the city centre there and totally soak me.

I'll show ya where we are to be looking for tomorrow mornings snowfall.

Latest Met Office Sat pic shows the area west of Scotland, kind of attached to the main low, watch this closely to see if a circulation develops, it is this that will being the snow to many areas tomorrow.

ukir_sat_200801311200.jpg

Although maybe i am wrong as that is treking abit too fast, probably reaching us this evening.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

Heavy sleet shower there. Temp dropped to 3.0c. Radar looks clear enough for the next couple of hours. Hope that wasn't it!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

13:00 :

BIRR(P) W 11 Gust 24 RECENT SNOW
    MULLINGAR(P) SW 10 Gust 28 RECENT SNOW
    SHANNON AIRPORT W 24 Gust 38 RECENT SNOW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Ok, can I get a rough guestimate on whether Dublin's gonna get any snow this evening or Tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the radio 1 forecast, at lunchtime, was disappointing, it said the showers would be confined to northern half of the country tonight. i guess that rules out any trough coming down over the country.

the radio 1 forecast, at lunchtime, was disappointing, it said the showers would be confined to northern half of the country tonight. i guess that rules out any trough coming down over the country.

Current Indications suggest that the activity to the north will organise itself tonight and push into Ulster around 4/5am and push south reaching Dublin by 10am.

Showers tonight for a time but dying out from 10pm.

Thats just a guess by the way, i havent seen enough satellite imagery to be able to make a more precise judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Is it just me or have met eireann downgraded their Connacht report on the snow side of things? More wind instead?
    Today

Very cold and very windy for the afternoon with sunny spells and scattered heavy wintry showers.

Tonight

Very cold and very windy tonight with clear spells and scattered showers of hail and snow. Icy roads.

Tomorrow

Bitterly cold with sunny spells and scattered hail, sleet and snow showers. Snow will accumulate in some places.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Nice n sunny now.

Yeah....

TONIGHT
    Further sleet and snow showers overnight, these mainly over the northern half of the country, where some will be heavy. Mostly dry elsewhere with just the odd wintry flurry. Very cold and windy, as temperatures fall near or below zero, with icy patches or lying snow in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

ah it's time to move to Scandinavia for the winter!

you get your hopes up only for them to be dashed:(

Okay after having a good luck around i believe that things are more progressed than first thought.

I would expect the occlusion to move into Ulster around 10pm tonight and to reach Dublin by 5am in the morning.

Regards,

• Advertisement

ah it's time to move to Scandinavia for the winter!

you get your hopes up only for them to be dashed:(
    According to GFS FI,it might be moving here*

*2% probability

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Where's me sun tan oil?

According to GFS FI,it might be moving here*

*2% probability

How deep in FI are you seeing that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sod all here today so far, mainly sunny and some cloudy spells moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I hope it doesn't snow...the SO made a 100 euro bet with me that it would snow here (south Leinster) before Friday... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

Dont know where the downgrade from met.ie comes from. Their own atlantic for tomorrow show this

spacer.gif
    Midday Tomorrow - Isobars spacer.gifMidday Tomorrow - Rainfall ISO_TOMORROW_ATL.pngspacer.gifPREC_TOMORROW_ATL.png

How deep in FI are you seeing that?
    About as deep as you can get..

About as deep as you can get..

Ah, I didn't think you were looking that far ahead. I see what you mean about 2% now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

Blue sky here but I see the shower activity is starting to ramp up again... fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

just had a more organised soft hail/sleet shower .....lasted about 5 mins...temp drop from 6.2c to 2.8c

Advertisement