Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sweet Lightening who was a winner waiting to happen at Goodwood last weekend (jockey put him in a hole) runs at 3:15 HANDICAP 1m 2f 95y (HAYD), Dancourt is the obvious rival but 11/2 looks a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭curious guy

OSIRIS WAY windsor 7.20 this horse is 25/1 with paddy power and the racing post ratings tipped this going against all the other papers just find it peculiar.
    The horse came 25/26 last time out 10 days ago but has a good few wins anyone see that race or good at studying the form and let me know what ya think please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

well oisiris is the oldest horse in the field carrying the 2nd heaviest weight and has not even come close to winning a race since oct 08. I think it might deserve those odds but would love to see it come in at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

taken from punterslounge,interesting other folk fancey him to do well also.he is 16/1 now on paddypowers

7.20 Windsor

Orisis Way looks overpriced and could go well for Patrick Chamings. This class 3 handicap looks more straighforward than some of his previous assigments this term - which have included the Wokingham and the Stewards Cup. He ran well on his reappearance at Goodwood when fourth of thirteen as it was only close to home that he lost two places, and that run came off a 5 lb higher mark. Billy the Punter has already told how strongly the Wokingham form is working out in his thread, so his mere participation in the race at Ascot, when he was 15/26, is a positive for me, and I can excuse his latest effort in the Stewards Cup when he raced prominently. He has dropped back down to his last winning mark, is a four time distance winner and handles cut. 28/1 Skybet, EW.

Agree with Fin and Paul here with the 2 top weights in this race. Pearly Wey is down to his last winning mark after winning at Goodwood last year in a grade 2. Nto came 6th of 17, only 3 lengths off the winner but since then hasnt really shown much. Osiris Way is also back down to his last winning mark after not really showing much this year. Last year he won 3 times and was very consistent, can run on any ground and drop down in class today should see him run well at a big price.

thanks we will see how he goes ....looks a competitive race

• Advertisement

Not in the money, not sure where he finished up.

he,s still running:rolleyes:

mike65 wrote: »
    Not in the money, not sure where he finished up.

5th, 5.5 lengths back.

was it 1 2 and 3 payout ew places?.

mike65 wrote: »
    5th, 5.5 lengths back.

yep

• Advertisement

arra hard to get those long odd ones in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

the lad that sent them to me is 2 for 2 this week..

Tramore
    5.40 Valain
    7.55 Marheba million

hopefully a nice bonus for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Knobs

Just think Monsieur Chevallier is a great price at 9/4 today at york

bolted up at goodwood with an unreal turn of pace, extra furlong should suit style of running. Alot made about showcasing but alot said about harbinger during the week and look how he floped.class cant be judge after two races, think monsieur is a gift at this price

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Knobs

Knobs wrote: »
    Just think Monsieur Chevallier is a great price at 9/4 today at york

bolted up at goodwood with an unreal turn of pace, extra furlong should suit style of running. Alot made about showcasing but alot said about harbinger during the week and look how he floped.class cant be judge after two races, think monsieur is a gift at this price

I Stand corrected:o:o:o:o

anyone with a referral code for ladbrokes im signing up...

ps what time does betting open on betfair for the next days evening meet? i just joined

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

It's usually around 6-7pm unless it's a big meeting in which case it will go up earlier. However, the liquidity is often poor at that stage (and virtually non existent on the Irish racing) so unless you are betting to Betfair SP, you are probably better off waiting until closer to the race time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

5.00 Southwell

Miss Christopene

As repoted in the RP, last three runs on turf can be taken to be unsuitable. Previous 3 runs, at Southwell, on FS, at 8f, = 211.

9's into 7's on PP, 9.2 on BF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Nulty wrote: »
    5.00 Southwell

Miss Christopene

As repoted in the RP, last three runs on turf can be taken to be unsuitable. Previous 3 runs, at Southwell, on FS, at 8f, = 211.

9's into 7's on PP, 9.2 on BF.

Is this a genuine tip or just something you fancy ?

If horses for courses (and distance) means anything then he has a chance at decent odds.

As I said, It's tipped up in the RP Trading Post. James Pymans nap for TP. I wont look at a tip unless theres a good price and an obvious reason to back it. The horses record on the track, distance and conditions speak for itself and at 7/1 I'm inclined to agree with Pyman.

Also, Pyman says 10 of the trainers 11 flat winners in the last 5 years have come at Southwell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Nulty wrote: »
    As I said, It's tipped up in the RP Trading Post. James Pymans nap for TP. I wont look at a tip unless theres a good price and an obvious reason to back it. The horses record on the track, distance and conditions speak for itself and at 7/1 I'm inclined to agree with Pyman.

Also, Pyman says 10 of the trainers 11 flat winners in the last 5 years have come at Southwell.

No worries, just checking. best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

still 9/1 on coral. g luck

TBH, I'd watch the market closer to the off, it may not even be fancied by the stable, I don't know. I'm just reporting a tip at a decent price. There has been a reasonable gamble on another horse in the race so tread carefully if losing a tenner bothers you

dianes choice 4.00pm @ southell currently 16/1 get on EW.

Why? I'm not just going to blow money on some random name!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Agree with Mike. Why put that up ? Race looks a lottery, personally i like Godfrey Street, but why post ?

Damn thing will probably hose up now....never run at Southwell which is not a good thing as a rule bearing in mind the fibresand tends to run slower than polytrack of Lingfield/Kempton which it has won on.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Will we ever hear his reasoning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

didnt win

1. Guto (2JF) .... SP 13/2
    2. Figaro Flyer .... SP 8/1
    3. Yankee Storm .... SP 9/1

EDIT: Godfrey Street got 4th

• Advertisement

sorry for not giving a reason,but friend was over at southell track today and got word from a friend of a trainer.so he texted it on to me.

sorry about result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement