Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Napa Starr
    Timeform says: Multiple AW winner in his native France and scored with bit in hand at Bellewstown in July. Stable known for their tilts at the ring and he looks a fascinating runner this time.
    Star Rating ****

El Ameen
    Timeform says: Expensive to follow to date but shown enough to think he could be winning races and any improvement for the headgear would see him go close on handicap debut.
    Star Rating ****

Race summary
    Napa Starr may not be entirely straigtforward, but he comes here in good form and looks better treated than many of these. He looks sure to go well, but Hawaana isn't on a bad mark at present and there has to be a chance that he will improve for a change of stable. El Ameen could prove best of the rest.

Speed ratings on ATR

NAPA STARR (nb) posted a list-topping speed rating of 82 when finishing a short-head second to Miss Minnies at Dundalk in August, and with plenty of horses from that race having generated bigger numbers since, the form is expected to stand up to close inspection. Once raced on the all-weather, the selection is open to further improvement on artificial surfaces, but I still wouldn't want to take less than his early tissue odds of 5-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

Just watched the Dundalk race and changed my mind, I'll go with your choice.;)

Sam Turner on William hill tips Napa Star while Mel Collier on Racing Post website picks Astrodonna 9/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

J J Hanlons's horse in the 5.15 Lingfield... Don't stop me know is gone from 14's into 5/2. first time back on the AW in a while...

I've gone Napa Star the money is coming for it

fuhyxking hell. Shi1t race.

Listening to the radio coomentary it sounds like a very bad ride, will watch the replay in a few mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

i took astrodonna did it get 3rd? i really feel that jockey on napa has a lot to answer for

Going for gaps that where never there.should have went outside:mad:, One for the future

Just watched the replay on ATR (they are very quick to get it on the website), a shocker of a ride. Doyle has the horse sat out the back and when they came out of the bend into the winning straight instead of going wide and fast he took the horse into the body of the pack (which was still quite tightly grouped) and tried to fight his way though. Another another 10 yards and the money would have been saved at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Unlucky. Desperate in running.
    Worth keeping an eye on this one as it is obviously well handicapped at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

the sneezer 3:15 clonmel

backed him €25e/w myself was told yesterday evening he's in for a big run today

• Advertisement

soundsham wrote: »

My da heard this as well.... will have a flutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

soundsham wrote: »

no good..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

placed so got €56.25(5/1) back not exactly what I wanted but not the end of the world either

Joncol Naas 1:35 CHASE GRADE 3 9/2

Contacts (friend of family) seem fairly hopefull, can be backed to e/w without loosing much if it places.

good tip, might have won if he had kept withe the leaders early,Came from last 5 out to finish 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

never looked like winning at any stage.

Didn't see, I imagine was too short a trip (deffo best at 20f so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Schindlers Tune, Royal Downs at 3.30. He's 20/1 so throw an ew on him.

Just got two each way tips for the first two races at Dundalk

First is Croi Eile @14s
    Second is Devious Soprano @ 12s

The owner lumped ew on Devious Soprano as the field is pants.

Source is 50% realiable, Lost on plenty but he has given me a 25 to 1 shot and a 12 to 1 shot.

Fiver e/w double is what I done meself, pays 1010

Can't ignore that!

TimeForm give Devious Soprano the No 1 slot! also not too damning of Croi Eile either.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Can't ignore that!

TimeForm give Devious Soprano the No 1 slot! also not too damning of Croi Eile either.

sorry mike. A word springs to mind, DONKEYS

Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Stuky69

With Speed 3.30 Ludlow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭markhiggins

any reasoning behind that? word from connections etc. ?

Its a race without much depth, there are three horses who look decent and only one has Tony McCoy on board (guess which one) Gordon Elliot has one of the other interesting horses at 8s.

Timeform 1-2-3:
    1. Bio Boy (IRE) 2. With Speed (GER) 3. Wingull (IRE)

Timeform View:
    Hard to be confident about anything here. Irish raiders Bio Boy @ 6/1 and With Speed @ 4/1 have to be taken seriously in a race lacking any real strength in depth, and the former is narrowly preferred. Wingull @ 6/1 could fare best of the home contingent
    I like Atahuelpa @ 9/1 Having finished 4th last time after a long layoff

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

0 from 1 on here so it can only got better, can't it!!

Anyway, I know one of the stable lads from Edward Cawley's stable, they run Hot Commodity in the 3.10 Newcastle tomorrow. He didn't exactly say it was a cert but that it should go at least very close. It'll probably be the first one off the bridle but won't stop galloping and if he's still on the bridle 3 out then you're laughing, that's pretty much his exact words!!

Sure have a look and see what ya'll think, no gun to anyones head!! Good luck!!

EDIT: 15/2 PaddyPower, 6/1 Ladbrokes..

Well he was right about one thing, he was first off the bridle, but that's about it.. I'll get me coat!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭tiptap

Just got news from good source in the UK (Who had tipped Roisins Prince two weeks ago, stormed home at 8/1).

From Dawn to Dusk, 20/1,
    €500 e/w is what's just put on it.

Tommorrow @ 14.35

• Advertisement

tiptap wrote: »
    Just got news from good source in the UK (Who had tipped Roisins Prince two weeks ago, stormed home at 8/1).

From Dawn to Dusk, 20/1,
    €500 e/w is what's just put on it.

Tommorrow @ 14.35

Non-Runner!! It was actually as big as 33/1, I think Hold 'Em will win it anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement