Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Wasn't so good in the end.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Rainbow View - 3.10pm - Newmarket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭John-Holmes

wush06 wrote: »
    Rainbow View - 3.10pm - Newmarket

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Glad I didn't see that one! Rainbow View was only good with respect to its contempories last year, the 2009 3 year olds are much hotter. I wouldn't back it at all this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Yosserh

Just got a tip for Core Element in the 6pm at Naas - supposedly has a great EW chance (from a worker at the stable)- Famous warrior is expected to win at around 6/4. Core Element is about 16's now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

6.00 - IRISH STALLION FARMS EBF M'DN
    Distance: 6f Value: €15,500

Pos No Runner Price Jockey Trainer
    1 1 Beat Surrender 20/1 K Latham G M Lyons
    2 2 Black Quartz 9/4 J A Heffernan A P O'Brien
    3 3 Famous Warrior 1/1f D P McDonogh Kevin Prendergast

Yosserh wrote: »
    Just got a tip for Core Element in the 6pm at Naas - supposedly has a great EW chance (from a worker at the stable)- Famous warrior is expected to win at around 6/4. Core Element is about 16's now

That was a terrible ride - what a donkey!!!
    Hope nobody got too involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 halfthetrack

bobble rock in the 2.45 only question is how far will win by 7/1 fill your boots, running against a 1/5 shot who shouldn be anywhere near that price

How can you possibly know? Its the horses first race.

Finished nowhere near, fancy explaining that "tip"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mike65 wrote: »
    How can you possibly know? Its the horses first race.

Finished nowhere near, fancy explianing that "tip"?

I'm also curious. He was well well back from the money-places.

• Advertisement

The last tip I gave didn't work out - hopefully this one will - got this from the track - Our Nana Rose (about 3/1)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

what kind of money do you have on your tip if you dont mind me asking before it goes off,seeing that its an apprentice h'cap i was just wondering?

Yep, I know its an apprentice handicap and I have a small bet on it (10 win) - if it comes in great, if not so be it!!
    Sorry if I shouldn't tip something like this

came 9th i think
    not even placed and thought you tipped a win

dont tip this kind of thing please its daft

To be fair, its was tipped up elsewhere and well backed, someone though it was in with a shout.

didn't see the logic or any other tips for it for that matter

if it looks like a dog smells like a dog ...........guess what it is a dog !!

Thanks Mike, it was tipped at the track and came from what I would consider a reliable source.
    It's time for you to come down of your high horse and get real - its called gambling and if you want to gamble go for it, if not don't!!

didn't touch it .......nobodys on a high horse here, especially the one you tipped:D

Curragh 17:00 - Sapphire Spray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kingofcastle

Thanking you Gav, wages for this week are gone with the wind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Seriously lads all you complaining d'ck heads who blame people for the money YOU lost are pathetic. If I get a tip, I'l have a read of the form and then if I'm happy I will part with my cash.
    Anyone who does any different are donkeys who the bookies love.

Fair play to everyone who sticks up their selections or tips. Don't listen to the clowns who have not got a clue about horse racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Fromvert wrote: »
    Seriously lads all you complaining d'ck heads who blame people for the money YOU lost are pathetic. If I get a tip, I'l have a read of the form and then if I'm happy I will part with my cash.
    Anyone who does any different are donkeys who the bookies love.

Fair play to everyone who sticks up their selections or tips. Don't listen to the clowns who have not got a clue about horse racing.

I think kingofcastle's comment is a bit tongue in cheek there.

Although the "tips" in hear lately have started to look more like people's selections rather than actual tips; but as you say its up to the individual person to follow the information or not.

Tongue and cheek indeed! Goota agree with you Chonaic, horses in this section are selections, not tips, thats my point of view anyway.

Thanking you Gav, wages for this week are gone with the wind!

:D Mate who's up on his oul betting, works in Paddy Power and he was told by several people he's a winner (one even putting a few grand on him), and then he comes 10th, won't be trusting him anymore I tell ye!

I have learned my lesson. Never ever take tips, especially from Shels supporters. I should have known. Facepalm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

was havin my lunch today in a galway pub when the owner of the pub told me he had a horse running this eve in kilbeggan at 7 30 and it is well fancied,he said to me it will make money for galway the name of the horse is dark artic just thought i would pass on the info best of luck with it.the price is about 7s

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

hey just noticed this thread, this might only suit people with online accounts 'cos the race is iin 15mins, but i got a tip for french art in the 5.15 at haydock...sorry it's so late but best of luck

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

hey just noticed this thread, this might only suit people with online accounts 'cos the race is iin 15mins, but i got a tip for french art in the 5.15 at haydock...sorry it's so late but best of luck
    Currently 4.8 on Betfair. Is the tip for a reputable source?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

ive got some amount of tips today. put 15 on the above to start the evening..

heres what i got..

7.00 Kil Donttellthe mother

6.45 new scorching wind

9.10 pont come on you irons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

yeah the guy who gave it to me tipped a 20/1(backed from 33/1) and a 25/1 second only last week so i've no reason not to believe him..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement