Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC on mass immigration to Ireland - we have messed it up basically

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Flex wrote: »
    Hey SubjectSean, I see youre also a big Britney Spears fan from this

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDEhLw1PVI

He also doesn't take 'NO' for an answer.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

...what the living christ are you burbling on about. You've edged from rabidly bleeding heart into just plain rabid at this stage.

+1

I've never read such utter nonsense and stupidity TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Anyone read that new Marc Coleman book yet? I havent, but he seems to be arguing that population growth will lead to even greater prosperity for Ireland over the next century. I might pick it up soon and have a gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

Laslo wrote: »
    +1

I've never read such utter nonsense and stupidity TBH.

Ya because people hate to be reminded of their culpability and end up dismissing what they can't face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Ya because people hate to be reminded of their culpability and end up dismissing what they can't face.
    Fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭HollyB

Nermal wrote: »
    More populous countries are more powerful. They make it worthwhile to build proper infrastructure. We are the most underpopulated country in Europe and it's holding us back.

So the United States, with its paltry 31 people per square kilometre, is clearly far less powerful than Ireland, which has 59 people per square kilometre? Since Monaco tops the list in terms of population density, does that make it the world's greatest super power?

In terms of being held back by being "underpopulated" - Ireland currently ranks fifth worldwide in terms of GDP per capita. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28nominal%29_per_capita
    I think we're doing quite well with our current population without bringing in 15 million newcomers.

Maybe you could try lobbying President Bush. The US have a far lower population density than we do. For the US to keep up with the UK in terms of population density, as you seem to expect Ireland to, they'll need a total population of approximately 2.417 billion. They have 303 million - do you think that they need or want more than two billion more people there?

By the way - when did we kick Lithuania, Belarus, Latvia, Montenegro, Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland out of Europe?

If a vote was to be held, “We are taking in 15 million immigrants; do you want them to be European or African? I would give you odds of 100-1 the answer would be European, by a very wide margin. The silent majority in this country feel very uncomfortable with too many Africans about the place. That may be very un pc, but it’s the truth.

If the first question was do you want us to take 15 million more immigrants, what do you think the answer would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

The silent majority in this country feel very uncomfortable with too many Africans about the place.

As you seem to be standing as the voice of this 'silent majority' perhaps you would care to explain why this is the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

As you seem to be standing as the voice of this 'silent majority' perhaps you would care to explain why this is the case?

Well the simple fact that we've been so insulated for the preceding decades...and in the current decade have been somewhat inundated to the point of saturation. People haven't had or been given a chance to get used to to it, the infrastructure, like schools hasn't had the chance to prepare for it (the original topic of this thread remember?) and it has fueled an attitude from a lot of people out there that many Africans are only here for what they can get handed to them, be that social housing or education or free money, which has invariably been paid for from the sweat of our own taxpayers and the taxpayers of previous generations...

Wertz wrote: »
    Well the simple fact that we've been so insulated for the preceding decades...and in the current decade have been somewhat inundated to the point of saturation. People haven't had or been given a chance to get used to to it, the infrastructure, like schools hasn't had the chance to prepare for it (the original topic of this thread remember?) and it has fueled an attitude from a lot of people out there that many Africans are only here for what they can get handed to them, be that social housing or education or free money, which has invariably been paid for from the sweat of our own taxpayers and the taxpayers of previous generations...

Too much, too quickly doesn't give people a chance to adjust.

Ireland wasn't prepared for large numbers of immigrants, and it's showing - like the all-black school in Balbriggan. The denominational schools, and their practice of giving priority to members of their own denomination, hasn't been a huge issue before but it is now in some areas with high concentrions of non-Irish nationals.

The language barrier is another problem in the schools, with so many language teachers needed to help children for whom English is not a first language. In all honesty, given how difficult it can be to get support for children with learning difficulties, I couldn't blame their parents if they were more than a tad ticked off at the chunk of the education budget being set aside for language support teachers for migrant children when their child isn't getting the support he or she needs.

As well as that, Irish parents may have understandable concerns about the standard of education their child will receive in a class where the teacher also has to deal with a large percentage of children who are not fluent in English. We're already seeing the first signs of white flight, and that will continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

If a vote was to be held, “We are taking in 15 million immigrants; do you want them to be European or African? I would give you odds of 100-1 the answer would be European, by a very wide margin. The silent majority in this country feel very uncomfortable with too many Africans about the place. That may be very un pc, but it’s the truth.

One only has to look at places like Kilburn in London in the 80's, it was like a mini Ireland, Irish pubs,clubs,flags etc.. and it still is to a large extent though not as bad thankfully.

One only has to look at places like Kilburn in London in the 80's, it was like a mini Ireland, Irish pubs,clubs,flags etc.. and it still is to a large extent though not as bad thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

A different perspective...

If a vote in an African country was to be held, “We are taking in 15 million immigrants; do you want them to be European or African? I would give you odds of 100-1 the answer would be African, by a very wide margin. The silent majority in those countries feel very uncomfortable with too many Europeans about the place. That may be very un pc, but it’s the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Oh just fuck off and educate yourself.
    You lose the whole argument with this you simple f**kwit

Both banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

"Actually most countries with such a short life expectancy have severe AIDs epidemics. Would you mind clarifying how we have collective guilt for that?"

Wealthy Caucasian Hetrosexual Male Northerners invented AIDS to further their eternal goals of destroying Brown/Black people and wiping out Gays. OsamaBinLaden Knows that. All "right-thinking-people" know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭williambonney

A different perspective...

If a vote in an African country was to be held, “We are taking in 15 million immigrants; do you want them to be European or African? I would give you odds of 100-1 the answer would be African, by a very wide margin. The silent majority in those countries feel very uncomfortable with too many Europeans about the place. That may be very un pc, but it’s the truth.

No, that’s not true. The silent majority are reasonably comfortable with Europeans. The only difference between them and us is language/accent. Both (language/accent) will not be an issue within a few years when the Europeans that remain here will assimilate as all European immigrants to Ireland have done over the years. Africans, now that’s a horse of a different colour. No pun intended!

No, that’s not true. The silent majority are reasonably comfortable with Europeans. The only difference between them and us is language/accent. Both (language/accent) will not be an issue within a few years when the Europeans that remain here will assimilate as all European immigrants to Ireland have done over the years. Africans, now that’s a horse of a different colour. No pun intended!

So culturally all Europeans are the same??? You on the wind up?

OPENROAD wrote: »
    So culturally all Europeans are the same??? You on the wind up?

I never said anything about all Europeans being culturally the same.

The only difference between them and us is language/accent.

Please can you clarify this point for me, I assume you are referring to Europeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

It's pretty apparent to me that williambonney thinks that there is a so-called silent majority of Irish people only want Irish people to be white.
    Is it really news to any grown up person that Ireland is a bit racist?
    What? Really?
    The only thing that's news to me is that anyone could doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cedco1

There's an old and true saying, too much of anything is bad for you.
    If the flow of immigrants into this country is reletively small compared to our population, then intergration can be achieved, but that's not the case.
    But the real reason we're in this mess is because of the powerful pro immigrent propaganda campaign from the main TV media in this country and the demonisation of any group or individual who may speak out on this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's pretty apparent to me that williambonney thinks that there is a so-called silent majority of Irish people only want Irish people to be white.
    What? Really?
    It sticks out like a sore thumb but in some places more than others.

cedco1 wrote: »
    There's an old and true saying, too much of anything is bad for you.
    If the flow of immigrants into this country is reletively small compared to our population, then intergration can be achieved, but that's not the case.
    But the real reason we're in this mess is because of the powerful pro immigrent propaganda campaign from the main TV media in this country and the demonisation of any group or individual who may speak out on this issue.

But what type of immigration are you talking about? Are you talking about EU movement of people or the non -eu.

Nothing we can do about EU immigration, get used to it. Non EU, if jobs are needed to be filled that can't be filled by EU citizens, then can't see the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cedco1

But what type of immigration are you talking about? Are you talking about EU movement of people or the non -eu.

Nothing we can do about EU immigration, get used to it. Non EU, if jobs are needed to be filled that can't be filled by EU citizens, then can't see the problem.
    I know you can't see the the problem, thats the problem, and the reason you can't see the problem,is because there has been no real debate on the issue.
    WE're bombarded with pro immigrent propaganda and opposition to it is crushed, even here on the boards, I'd be banned if I say too much.

What? Really?

You have hit the nail, as they say, right on the head. The vast majority of Irish people want Irish people to be white.Now of course I cannot absolutely prove this, but IMO if a vote were to take place about this issue I think it would be overwhelmingly in favour of a white Ireland.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You have hit the nail, as they say, right on the head. The vast majority of Irish people want Irish people to be white.Now of course I cannot absolutely prove this, but IMO if a vote were to take place about this issue I think it would be overwhelmingly in favour of a white Ireland.

While I disagree with you on a few counts- first of all, the vast majority of people most probably just don't care enough to vote in the first place- if you were to hold a vote you would get the bleeding heart leftie liberals versus the neo-nazi far-rights having a field day in the media. Secondly- it is my firm belief that the vast majority of people, far not voting out of pure political apathy, actually put greater credence in deeds not words. A white person who is a social welfare leech, is the exact same drain on the state as a black person or a Chinese person- only its fashionable to bash the Nigerians and the Roumanians.
    Thirdly- people's colour is not the issue- its the mentality of state hand-outs and a social welfare net that makes working a punative activity unless you are on significantly above the average industrial wage. An example of this- you can pay statepension contributions for 40 years but at the end of the day the only difference between the contributory and the means tested OAP is 12 Euro a week. FFS- why bother..... The entire system is stacked in favour of those who couldn't be arsed working- and we wonder why we are a welfare destination- or why single mother benefit is so high?
    Fourthly- if most people really wanted a "white" Ireland- there would statistics of an impirical nature to back this up. A random sample might be the desination of first choice for prospective Irish parents adopting from abroad. Its actually China- and not because its easy to adopt from there, its incredibly difficult.

I would hazard a wild guess that you might very possibly have membership of a certain white supremist website that enjoys monitoring these fora.........

Ps- for the record, I am actually in favour of severly restricting immigration, but not on race grounds.

"An example of this- you can pay statepension contributions for 40 years but at the end of the day the only difference between the contributory and the means tested OAP is 12 Euro a week. FFS- why bother..... "

The non contributory old age pension is means tested, the contributory pension is not. It makes a big difference.

I am not a member of any organisation, far right or otherwise. I am simply giving an opinion. And of course you are right, lots of people choose not to vote, I am saying that the majority of people who do vote would vote for a white Ireland.
    Also, where I live the majority of adopted foreign babies are from Russia.

You have hit the nail, as they say, right on the head. The vast majority of Irish people want Irish people to be white.Now of course I cannot absolutely prove this,

You can't prove it at all.

"An example of this- you can pay statepension contributions for 40 years but at the end of the day the only difference between the contributory and the means tested OAP is 12 Euro a week. FFS- why bother..... "

The non contributory old age pension is means tested, the contributory pension is not. It makes a big difference.

I am not a member of any organisation, far right or otherwise. I am simply giving an opinion. And of course you are right, lots of people choose not to vote, I am saying that the majority of people who do vote would vote for a white Ireland.
    Also, where I live the majority of adopted foreign babies are from Russia.

It seems to be that you are against immigration, please feel free to correct me.

With this in mind would you be in favour of the Irish being prevented from emmigrating to other countries.

• Advertisement

The only difference between them and us is language/accent.

Still waiting for an answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement