Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Yes indeed to Rick O Shea. An even worse version of Tony Fenton.
    Any Irish woman with the fyi accent on Spin or any other station.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Ian Guider. Every morning I wince as the man butchers his 'th' on Newstalk breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Charlie Bird (who seems to have replaced the lovely Rachel English from the Saturday View?:mad:) on Radio One.

I don't know how he managed to reach such a position in Radio. The man ought to be a producer behind the scenes, at best. He has no talent for radio, and his grating voice make his insufferably inane questions all the more difficult to tolerate.

I find it impossible to listen to him without getting the feeling that he hasn't a cuckoo's about what's happening in current affairs:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

wellboy76 wrote: »
    The fella on fair city who does tonnes of adds. Case in point, the strepsils add or as he pronounces it schtreppppschils.

Assclown
    Wayne Malloy :)
    I know irratates me too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

never noticed that wayne molloy fella.

the voice for harvey norman wrecks my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭keithb93

Fergal D'arcy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

That Emma one with the D4 accent on Radio 1 in the mornings.

And that oul wan with the really annoying lisp who saysh whas ish saysh in the papershf

What annoys me most of all is the fact that there are plenty of us in Ireland who can speak properly, currently out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

Rick O'Shea!

followed closely by Jenny on the Ray D'arcy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Sky King wrote: »
    That Emma one with the D4 accent on Radio 1 in the mornings.

And that oul wan with the really annoying lisp who saysh whas ish saysh in the papershf

What annoys me most of all is the fact that there are plenty of us in Ireland who can speak properly, currently out of work.

Who gets to say what "speaking properly" is?

Why ought the Dublin 4 accent be any less valid than another regional accent?

Also, radio journalism or presenting is not merely about elocution.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Ruth Scott....it's like listening to a buzzsaw and she does have a face for radio!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I really love the music on RadioNova. But the morning DJ is disgustingly awful to listen to so I cant really tune in before 12. Tom McCourtney is it? Hes australia and does everything with the hyper morning cheeseie DJ style with gimmicks galore. Very similar to listening to an extended Harvey Norman ad.
    Not for me then. :mad:

Of course he often does ads during the day, so can be hard to escape as I like the music in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mary Louise O Donnell
    "And this week I'm in Westport out whest were the cottages are thatched and the sheep are aplently. I see the real people of Ireland, simple people with simple lifes. They have faces round like the moon and a smell of porridge. And now we dive and rise and meander and motor along the booreen to the next valley. Yes this is Mayo"

Paddy O'Gorman
    He's not so bad but the people he interviews are, Paddy is the very definition of bleeding heart. I bet you could walk up to Paddy and punch in the face and he'd take pity on you and want to take about your difficult lifestyle and struggles.
    This month a women in the Black Lion in Inchicore smoking and drinking and bitching that the department are reviewing her disability and calling her in for an exam.
    And last month someone with emphysema smoking forty a day and moaning that her rent allowance got reviewed and now she's short a few euro every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Sean Moncrieff.

His rictus grinning voice is annoying to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Guy who voices the McDonalds ads and also did that modelling show that was on RTE a while back, a voice I'd like to punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

David Norris when he was on Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jackdock88

Chuchoter wrote: »
    David Norris when he was on Newstalk.
    Norris was bad but I think George hook takes the biscuit! Can't stand him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That Cork wan on Newstalk who used to work for Radio Kerry

Orla Barry

She doesn't talks, she screeches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

mikemac1 wrote: »

Paddy O'Gorman
    He's not so bad but the people he interviews are, Paddy is the very definition of bleeding heart. I bet you could walk up to Paddy and punch in the face and he'd take pity on you and want to take about your difficult lifestyle and struggles.
    This month a women in the Black Lion in Inchicore smoking and drinking and bitching that the department are reviewing her disability and calling her in for an exam.
    And last month someone with emphysema smoking forty a day and moaning that her rent allowance got reviewed and now she's short a few euro every month.

don't want to "go against the rant" here, but if you listen to P O'G outside of the interview - he's the very opposite of a bleeding heart. I totally get where you're coming from, but when you listen to him talk about the people he interviews on today with PK, or as the background to his podcasts, for example, he's the very first to point out the issues with the people he's talking to - sometimes, to be perfectly honest with you, I think he's a little too harsh on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Eamon Horan. RTÉ sportsnews reader. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

ferguscork wrote: »
    Louise Duffy - morneen, farteen, burpeen, etc
    I find her voice quite sexy actually...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Victor Barry, Red FM in Cork. He'd inspire hatred in a Saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mike.l

Don't listen to very much radio any-more...... but by far my favourite of all-time was always the Legend who was Gerry Ryan! R.I.P.

Nailz wrote: »
    Me. :o

Who are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Sara Cox on Radio 1 UK, Northern bird with the most annoying low pitched, monotone voice on the Universe!

el diablo wrote: »
    Who are you?
    Flirt FM DJ in Galway, college student is my full-time duty, I do a 1 hour music show at 8am on a Wednesday morning and my voice isn't radio-esque as one would expect from, well... Some dude on the radio...

Nailz wrote: »
    Flirt FM DJ in Galway, college student is my full-time duty, I do a 1 hour music show at 8am on a Wednesday morning and my voice isn't radio-esque as one would expect from, well... Some dude on the radio...

Must be be Cavan accent. :)

el diablo wrote: »
    Must be be Cavan accent. :)
    Haha! You'd be surprised, you can have a listen for yourself by clicking the link in my sig. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'm goin retro and have to say, Gay Byrne was the hardest cúnt to listen to ever

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Ruth Scott of 2fm. Fun to listen to but if she can sing i'll happily do a bunjee jump.. Her voice is somewhat grating

Advertisement