Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

ben dunne's annoying monotone voice on those ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Emma Mocknomarra, Moykull MockMullan, any AA Roadwatch announcer that says "Rindabite" and that Kirsteen newsreader off Newstalk who always sounds like her voice is about to crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Many there are but first to come to mind:Tom Dunne,smug smoothie whose voice drips with insincerity.Claire Byrne's hard edged,over confident ,presumptuous tone grates the sensibilities.Both with Newstalk Daniel:eek: O'Donnell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Alison Curtis. Can't listen to one word she says without wanting to punch the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Ray Darcy and Ray Foley. Hate them both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

jeremy dixon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 theitking

mle1324 wrote: »
    jeremy dixon

PASSIONATLY!!!

Adrien to boot! tuned in a couple of weeks ago post Lockin on Spin, so it was the around 11.45ish mark and Adrien was speaking to some young girl and her mother about...

'The time 'it' happened'
    'The Repercussions of 'it''
    'The Incident'
    Never once mentioning what exactly had happened.

Anyway so 20 minutes passed and it became background noise because I didn't have a clue what the discussion was about, even tough it sounded pretty serious.

So eventually the topic ended and just before he moves onto that circus 'Get it off your chest*' he declares that a number of listeners had texted in asking the same thing I was thinking 'Whats going on?'... But instead of telling everyone what the discussion was about he instead goes on some rant about 'How good this show is' and how 'Ya cant miss a second of it' and finally how 'You'll tune in earlier next time wont ye?'...

Eh no Adrien ya patronizing d!ck I wont tune in at all!

(*Your PPI's in the post for that segment of the show)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Tony Fenton

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

Dont know his name, but he's the dude that does be on 2fm in the evening during the week, always sounds like he's whispering!!!....anyone know the guy i'm on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Will Leahy - on RTÉ 2 now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 EllieBelleh

Any of the yokes that ring into Joe duffy complaining about the neighbours dog twice removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Orla Barry, is she still around?

She was Newstalk for a long while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

angie101 wrote: »
    Alison Curtis. Can't listen to one word she says without wanting to punch the radio.

I'm with you on that one. Good God, her voice grates.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

big b wrote: »
    Today FM
    Good evening, Ooooooiiiimmmmmmm Mmmoooiichael MmmmcMullen

speak properly man, this isn't a self-parodying comedy skit :rolleyes:

is there anyone whose voice annoys you more?

Hes annoying alrite along with jerry ryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Can't remember his name but he reads the news during the day on 98fm.

Ahhhh what a twat!

Anyone know his name?
    He's one of those guys that over emphasises everything that he is saying, even when he is talking in normal conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 diabollix

oh god, it has to be Moychel MacMuelllen, he's just after polluting my ears yet again this evening.

i hate that guy.

don't much care for sport either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

The guy who does the farming show on Shannonside, he's got such a boring voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

diabollix wrote: »
    oh god, it has to be Moychel MacMuelllen, he's just after polluting my ears yet again this evening.

i hate that guy.

don't much care for sport either.

Huh. I was just coming in here to mention him. It's not his whole broadcast that bugs me, just the way he pronounces his name. I know a different Michael McMullen in real life, one with no 'o's or 'y's in his name, which makes it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

yer man that does the gerry ryan show; can't remember his name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

And that guy, U. Khunt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭heviballs

it's Ivan Yates for me,does my head in taking the high morale ground the whole time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

Joe Duffy. :pac: You can never get a word in cause he keeps talking over people. :confused: He is good though....Liveline is a good radio station to listen to. :rolleyes: Great topics been spoken about on the show. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I honestly cant listen to Rick O Shea on 2FM....I have to turn off the radio IMMEDIATELY!! Its just his voice, cant put my finger on it....its just annoying!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I listen to him all the time but George Hook needs to get his voice\tone sorted out big time...

Sometimes in the middle of a sentence his pitch goes really high for no reason at all and sometimes he doesn't seem to be able to finish a word properly cos it sounds like his mouth is full of sausages munching away..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

98fm sports presenter jonny lyons:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Most 2fm and i102-104 djs are feckin terrible.
    In particular i hate Michael Cahill
    and don't get me started on them two knobs colm and Jim-Jim.
    You are not funny, so shut the **** up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Neena ni Nawnaaa, The mad woman on the Mooney show with a voice like a screeching blackboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Hoy I'm Johnnnnyyy Lyonsssss...chap on 98fm! Hate him with a passion, I have to change the station when he's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

Tom Dunne by miles, ruined newstalk in the mornings for me. Spends ages rambling on about something so uninteresting eg. he found his old orange hat the other day, doesn't shut up talking about it for about 30 mins, and all this crap about FYI, going forward. Tom, you are not funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Dave Fanning (Does he smoke a million cigarettes per day?)

Gerry Ryan (I personally think he sounds like a frog 'ribbiting')

On Beat 102103 in the south east there was an agony aunt show called Heartbeat by Diana Luke on Sunday nights. She was as annoying as the day is long. :mad:

We seems to be sucked into this very negative vortex, should there be a voice that cheers us up thread or am I living in a sparkly world of naivity?

Advertisement