Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

Gerry Ryan

&

The women dj on fm104 from 1am - 6am weeknights. Drives me nuts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Omg the moment i seen this thread i taught Mmmoooiichael MmmmcMullen.lol
    Had to log on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Joe Duffy and Mooooicheal McMullen

Also the Live95fm crew, have to be the most irritating crew ever!! if you have worked shift in dell you will know what i mean!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

jane86 wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan

&

The women dj on fm104 from 1am - 6am weeknights. Drives me nuts :D

Jerry is a sexy divil, if the base on your speakers were up, and you sat on it... well... :P A bit dirty I know, but what the hell.

I actually know very very few names on radio stations. I know the most entertaining would be vinney mary and the other lad on beat FM...

The most annoying ones are them eejits on the bad pirate stations like pulse or techno techno FM... "Sweeeehhh... DJ TIMMO HEEEERE, BLEEDIN JAYSUS" Feck off will ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

gerry ryan or absolutely dickhead on lunchtime on today fm, ray foley. i get this urge to throw myself out the window everytime i hear him (and its only a ground floor window)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Dave5 wrote: »
    For me it has to be Eamon Horan on 2FM (you know one of RTE's sports reporters on RTE 1 tv news).

Now as some of you may know, Eamon is sometimes on 2FM with Laura Woods (Lotto girl).

Eamon Horan is notorious for his sexual innuendo towards Laura Woods on 2FM, practically every time they're both on.

Here's some examples: 2FM Producer asks Laura what's her favourite number. Eamon says 'We all know it's number 69. Laura likes a good 69 now and again'

Another day a traffic report came on about cars that were 'falling behind' each other. Eamon told Laura 'I'd certainly like to be behind you.'

The guy is filthy

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

big b wrote: »
    Today FM
    Good evening, Ooooooiiiimmmmmmm Mmmoooiichael MmmmcMullen

speak properly man, this isn't a self-parodying comedy skit :rolleyes:

is there anyone whose voice annoys you more?

Them Fcukin' arse holes that pretend to be doin comedy in the mornings on spin 103. I have seen funnier accidents;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 philangela

nicki hayes is thee most annoying person on radio. Seriously everyone i work with cringes when they hear her voice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Gerry Ryan, it reminds me that he is still hasn't been fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

rick o shea , the definition of a wanker , sounds like he has the microphone in his mouth

• Advertisement

ChewChew wrote: »
    We have 98fm on the radio in work. . All the presenters are grand except for Louise Heraghty. OMG she annoys the crap out of me! Her voice is sersiously head wrecking.

louise heggarty and ruth scott are one and the same person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hate Marian Finucane with a passion. Die or get the sack I'm not picky

I hate Marian Finucane with a passion. Die or get the sack I'm not picky

cant stand the woman myself , if marian asked someone what day tommorrow was , the next words out of her mouth would be something like , well im not sure everyone would agree with you that its saturday , only of course delievered in that grating shrill voice of hers , she argues for arguements sake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Claire Byrne on newstalk grates me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Has anyone mentioned the AA Rood Wotch princesses and the cliched 'rindabite' thing? I always wonder about the 'Irish fairies' sailings that are cancelled. And that woman off the business news on Radio 1 in the morn. It's like Ross O'Carroll Kelly's sister. Don Wycherly of course, deep gravelly 60 fags a day, keep smoking. Gerry Ryan takes some beating. Please. Ryan Tubridy is almost insufferable, Head Boy nasal smugness. Tom Dunne does the smugly satisfied, I've a lovely honey coated voice box thing very well too. For me though the most annoying voice, in amalgamated annoyingness, has to be the two dolts off 2FM, I mean JimJim, carayzeee.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Tubridy - by a country mile. I have the drill down to a fine art in he morning: listen to Good Morning Ireland. Then to the news. Then lunge for the car radio dial the second I hear the opening bars of Cantaloop and his smug, insufferable voice.

Second is Ryan. Bloodhound after a particularly arduous trek. Yuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Where to start? It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Ann-Marie Kelly. The sound of a root canal at 6AM.
    Phil Cawley. Springfield's KBBL springs into unwanted life.
    Claire Byrne. Seems to have missed her true vocation as a primary school teacher and appears to be under the impression that anyone gives a f**k what she thinks.
    Orla Barry. Balloon-head.
    Roisin Ingle. Vapid sithe-Cinety-Dublin drivel.
    Whoever does that "Ireland deserves sun, bring on the summer" ad for Santex and numerous other tedious ads and links deserves a beating.
    Joe Duffy. The Gift Grub parody can't quite capture the true horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Who's that American chick that would be playing indie on 2fm at night. She sounds like she's stoned.. Her voice wrecks my head like no other in my whole life. *Shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

i will give my vote to ray darcy s mott or 'portner' if u like. Fair play to ray for putting up with spending 24 7 with her.

On another topic, i would spend 24 7 with the girls voice who does aa road watch in the morning on today fm. She sounds like a stunner. Afraid to find out what she looks like though in case the image in my head is ruined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

very smug and vain louise kennedy and her bord gas ads, i risk an injury when i lunge for the volume buton when that representation of everything bad about greedy designer shoe irelandcomes on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

brian cowen, talking the same as he looks in his underpants portraits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I only listen to Today FM and Phantom 105.2 (I occasionally tune into Newstalk but not regularly)

Today FM
    Tony Fenton I can't stand him :mad:
    Tony's D-D-D-Daily D-D-Download.
    "I love that noo one by thuh Killurs, crackin' toon, it rully is"
    "Oh and that one by White Loys, ass swell, another great toon"
    "Here to play our wall uh sound is Derek Reilly from Corlow, Derek what the hellurya doin' in Corlow tuday? How's it goin'? Ya live in Corlow? What brought you to live in Corlow?"

Moychul MacMoolen Grrr...
    "Orse-null take on the Toffees at the Emirates this evening, Orse-end Venger had this to say about the Gunners chonces..."

Paul Collins
    Clearly there's no English translation for Tiobraid Arainn these days

Matt the Hoople Cooper
    Basic pronunciation issues... "-th" seems to cause the most trouble. Only yesterday evening he was talking about Michael Jackson's huge deaths instead of his debts.

I don't take particular issue with the voices of Ian Dempsey, Ray Darcy or Ray Foley, although the childishness of RF's show gets to me at times, it belongs on braindead radio, it's more fit for Spin than Today FM.

Phantom
    Michelle Doherty or should that be Dordy? :rolleyes:
    D4 Donegal woman, I didn't mind her presenting the late night music programme on Channel 6 but when it's just her voice you're dealing with it's a different story.
    "Palm Dissert rackers Queens of the Stone Eeeege take tee the steeege at the Ambossader teenight, tickets fer this event cast twinty tee euros"

Sinéad Ní Mhórdha
    Recently heard this lady singing the praises of "Dublin band Franz Ferdinand" after playing one of their songs. Oh wait, no, that was supposed to be Dublin-bound. Stop talking through your nose, Janet Ward. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tony Fenton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Those tools on 98fm morning show. :mad:
    Completley unfunny..."Dave's word Dave's word if we don't let him do it he get's ratty"
    WTF?? Is there such a thing as a Wit-ectomy? Do you need to have one to work on that morning show?
    If I have the misfortune of having to listen to it, I can feel my intelligence dropping by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

most annoying voice on the radio??

it has to be Rick O' Shea with his mid-atlantic twang who's he trying to impress??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

none seems to have mentioned the 2 muppets who do the breakfast show on 104 they are absolute clowns along with that "comedian"macsavage i think who makes a guest appearance on it now and again he just isnt funny simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Not sure how I overlooked Jenny Kelly in my original list. Worse than the sound of nails on a blackboard or a thousand crying babies.

In an effort to be positive on this bright sunny morning, I could listen to Sinead Spain read a bus timetable. Very easy on the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It would have to be Claire Byrne's smug tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Dave147 wrote: »
    Who's that American chick that would be playing indie on 2fm at night. She sounds like she's stoned.. Her voice wrecks my head like no other in my whole life. *Shudder*
    Switch it off, buddy.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jenny Kelly
    Ray Foley

On Cork's 96FM one of the news readers is like Michael McMullens sister

"Hawwwww-eye Oim Viktoeria Nickulls on Courks 96FM", as well as the worst mid Atlantic accent you will ever hear with the guy that does the breakfast show.

Advertisement