Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your most controversial opinions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

this thread should be moved to the Humor forum.

Because if the comments on pedos been ok in any shape way or form are true.. you are a sick shower of c**ts

However if you are joking like i suspect.. then thats lol - ok- tastick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

snyper wrote:
    you are a sick shower of c**ts
    Think about it snyper: if a person finds children sexually desirable and they can't help how they feel, but they never ever act upon it, where's the harm? To be honest, I would only feel sorry for such people, because finding kids sexually attractive must be a terrible curse to be burdened with. I'm sure they'd much prefer to fancy people with whom they can actually have relations.
    humbert wrote: »
    I think they are both extrinsic characteristics.
    I know there are cases of those who gravitate towards children because they have been abused themselves - their sexuality has been warped. But there are those who simply fancy children, like I fancy men.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Terry wrote: »

Oh, so they are only slightly stupid or just acting stupidly.
    Can you provide some concrete evidence for this?

I find it hard to believe that any slightly educated person cannot accept the beliefs of others, however different they may be.

There is nothing certain in this world. You would be wse to remember that.

+1

Quality wrote: »
    Men over 40 who go on "holidays" to Thailand are all perverts.

It's true.
    They are either hunting little children or ladyboys

dudess.. my mom kicked my ass when i was a kid.. but i dont want to f*** little boys...

And if referring to abuse as in "rape" by parents.. no amount of ass sex forced upon me is going to make me want it or like it...

im still going to like women.. (as objects of course only ;):p )

snyper wrote: »
    dudess.. my mom kicked my ass when i was a kid.. but i dont want to f*** little boys...
    Obviously when I used the term "abuse" I meant sexual abuse.
    And if referring to abuse as in "rape" by parents.. no amount of ass sex forced upon me is going to make me want it or like it.
    How on earth do you know what effect it could have on you when you haven't experienced it? And I'm not saying it would cause a kid to enjoy it, but it might fuk them up so severely that their sexual identity is lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

And if referring to abuse as in "rape" by parents.. no amount of ass sex forced upon me is going to make me want it or like it...

im still going to like women.. (as objects of course only ;):p )
    Wanna give it a go?

Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome?

I'm sure there is a similar thing attached to sexual abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Paedophilia is not acceptable in any way shape or form.

It is not "A-OK"

Snyper,,, I +1 you on everything you have said

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Dudess wrote: »
    Think about it snyper: if a person finds children sexually desirable and they can't help how they feel, but they never ever act upon it, where's the harm? To be honest, I would only feel sorry for such people, because finding kids sexually attractive must be a terrible curse to be burdened with. I'm sure they'd much prefer to fancy people with whom they can actually have relations.

I know there are cases of those who gravitate towards children because they have been abused themselves - their sexuality has been warped. But there are those who simply fancy children, like I fancy men.

I don't think a person has to be abused to find children attractive and I don't think anyone is born destined to be attracted to children. I think it's possible that some may have a certain genetic predisposition toward the emotional/psychological profile of a paedophile but that it is the life they live that leads them down that particular path.

Paedophilia is not acceptable in any way shape or form.

It is not "A-OK"
    If someone fancies children and they can't help it, then they can't help it. I agree, "A-OK" is the wrong term to use, but finding children sexually desirable without having any control over it, well that person doesn't deserve to be punished for how they feel, only what they DO with those feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Have you ever been attracted to someone, even though you know it'd never work and that it'd be a bad idea getting involved with them, but you still were very attracted towards them? It happens to all of us That we like people we shouldn't, usually only happens a couple of times though, and try as we might we can't help it.

Now this is pretty much the same for Paedophiles, they can't help what they feel- none of us can, if they feel it it's natural for them and none of us should condemn for something they can't help.

Acting on it, however, is a personal choice that they make and that is despicible.

In short: the feeling is alright, acting on it is inexcusable.

EDIT: Basically what Dudess said ¬.¬

• Advertisement

If someone fancies children and they can't help it, then they can't help it. I agree, "A-OK" is the wrong term to use, but finding children sexually desirable without having any control over it, well that person doesn't deserve to be punished for how they feel, only what they DO with those feelings.

Ok So what are your views on rehabilitated Paedophiles then?

I suppose you wouldnt mind them moving in round your way?

Dudess,

I accept that there are people that are attracted to kids, and if they never ever do anything to satisfy their desire, then i will have to rest with that.

And yes i also accept there is a link with abise and future abusers, thats not up for debate, its known fact, im just uncomfortable with using it as an excuse.

Piste wrote: »
    Have you ever been attracted to someone, even though you know it'd never work and that it'd be a bad idea getting involved with them, but you still were very attracted towards them? It happens to all of us That we like people we shouldn't, usually only happens a couple of times though, and try as we might we can't help it.

Now this is pretty much the same for Paedophiles, they can't help what they feel- none of us can, if they feel it it's natural for them and none of us should condemn for something they can't help.

Acting on it, however, is a personal choice that they make and that is despicible.

In short: the feeling is alright, acting on it is inexcusable.

EDIT: Basically what Dudess said ¬.¬

If some ****er told me he found a kid I knew attractive, I would punch his ****ing lights out.

I would not accept it....

I think that reaction would be a bit OTT...if he made ANY suggestion to making any moves on the kid you'd be justified, but not if her just said he found the kid attractive.

Though it could be argued that even by admitting they find a kid attractive they could be well on the way to harming the kid.

Piste wrote: »
    I think that reaction would be a bit OTT...if he made ANY suggestion to making any moves on the kid you'd be justified, but not if her just said he found the kid attractive.

Though it could be argued that even by admitting they find a kid attractive they could be well on the way to harming the kid.

So it is ok for him to feel it, As long as he doesnt tell anyone....

It just gets better and better.

Ok So what are your views on rehabilitated Paedophiles then?

I suppose you wouldnt mind them moving in round your way?
    I don't have kids so I can't answer that. Thinking about my god-child and my niece though, I wouldn't blame their parents for keeping a close eye on them if a rehabilitated paedophile moved in nearby. If he/she has already offended, then I can't see how there's a guarantee they won't offend again - even if they have undergone rehabilitation.
    I accept that there are people that are attracted to kids, and if they never ever do anything to satisfy their desire, then i will have to rest with that.

And yes i also accept there is a link with abise and future abusers, thats not up for debate, its known fact, im just uncomfortable with using it as an excuse.
    I can understand that - it's not a very comforting reality.
    If some ****er told me he found a kid I knew attractive, I would punch his ****ing lights out.

I would not accept it....
    As a mother it would no doubt be a difficult thing to hear, but again, if this were to happen, then he hasn't actually DONE anything.

It just gets better and better.

THat was the attitude towards homosexuals for years.

And as long as he doesn't act on those feelings - in any way, shape or form - yes.
    Why would you have zero tolerance for a person having feelings that they truly can't help?

It's ok for him to feel it, but he (or she!) would be better off not telling anyone (for their own safety like!)

Though if they really didn't want to be Paedophile anymore they could go to those counsellors who could de-pedo them (much like how many gay men have been conditioned to be ashamed of their attractions and seek to be de-gayed).

I'm sure a lot fewer paedophiles would act on what they feel if they could discuss it, realise it's not normal and dislike how they feel, share their feelings on it with a counsellor but obviously many wont because of fear of being stigmatised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I think a good analogy for the point Piste and Dudess are trying to make would be to think of it like this: Say you have the urge to murder someone, I know I have before, had the urge to that is, but you never act on these urges at any time in your life, how can you condemn someone for that. Actually maybe thats not a perfect analogy, but its the best i can come up with. I mean if you fancy little kids, your are obviously a deeply messed up person, but there is a world of difference between wanting to do something or feeling a certain inclination, and acting on it.

• Advertisement

slipss wrote: »
    I think a good analogy for the point Piste and Dudess are trying to make would be to think of it like this: Say you have the urge to murder someone, I know I have before, had the urge to that is, but you never act on these urges at any time in your life, how can you condemn someone for that. Actually maybe thats not a perfect analogy, but its the best i can come up with.

Actually, I think it's a good analogy.

Why would you have zero tolerance for a person having feelings that they truly can't help?

Gimme a second while i put on my devils advocate suite

Reason being for zero tolerance is because he poses a pollible threat to children

Some day a woman is going to come knocking on the door with a toddler in her arms and say it mine.. when that day happens, im going to be the most over protective father the world has ever seen. If i think for a second that some guy is looking even thru one squinted eye at my kid... im removing his head.. uncomfortable truth or not, i dont think id care.. id go beserk.

I have my my opinion on this quite clear.

For the record Paedophilia is not A-OK in my eyes.

IF you have feelings you can not help, what else may you not be able to control....

Good night all.

slipss wrote: »
    I think a good analogy for the point Piste and Dudess are trying to make would be to think of it like this: Say you have the urge to murder someone, I know I have before, had the urge to that is, but you never act on these urges at any time in your life, how can you condemn someone for that. Actually maybe thats not a perfect analogy, but its the best i can come up with. I mean if you fancy little kids, your are obviously a deeply messed up person, but there is a world of difference between wanting to do something or feeling a certain inclination, and acting on it.

Because murder is less of a vile act than rape of a child.

Peopke that are very sane and level headed can somtimes be driven to do terrible things due to a extenuating circumstance.

Some day a woman is going to come knocking on the door with a toddler in her arms and say it mine
    Aw, that's beautiful! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Because murder is less of a vile act than rape of a child.

Peopke that are very sane and level headed can somtimes be driven to do terrible things due to a extenuating circumstance.

I don't disagree with you on any particular point there, not that I think anything in that post de-valuated(?) what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Except racism isn't innate like a sexual desire for children, racism is something you learn.

No, there's evidence that racist tendencies are hard wired into our genetic code. Read 'Human Instinct' by Robert Winston. Great book in general, but he talks about the studies. Perhaps a throwback to preserving resources for people of our own genetic lineage or who at least look more like us. I like to think that as humans we are not bound by our primitive instincts - although they should be understood and acknowledged - unfortunately many muppets make me wonder.... :)

Paedophilia? How many have met a paedophile? They're driven by a compulsion to abuse. Those who fantasise about such unnatural sexual acts will usually carry them out if given half the chance. Would you like that chance to be with your child? Didn't think so.

Religion being for muppets? A wise man understands how ignorant he truly is. We do not know everything about the human consciousness, or indeed the reality that we find ourselves in. I find it arrogant and irrational to dismiss the notion of a God based solely on our current level of knowledge or probability. (In the beginning was nothing, which exploded... as Pratchett once said).

Something I found chilling:

I saw a post on Boards about a site where people pretend to be kids to entrap PAedos on chatrooms.

One guy, while vile, I pitied immensly. He said he would go as young as ten (WTF?) and just seemed such a mess. Still lived with parents at 32, no car, no money etc. I honestly felt pity more than anything for him as he seemed too insecure to get a woman his own age.
    Here's hoping he can get over his tendencies.

He also worked with kids in his church and was busted for **** in church, **** infront of kids and told the supposed girl that she should pray everyday.

I then saw him on a prison pen pal program. Listing his hobbies as swimming, bowling, dancing, hugs and kisses and

Chilling.

Later addition: aww man, he has myspace too, asking people to write to him in prison.
    I really cannot explain my pity for this man. I know he's a wannabe child abuser and doubtless you people will hound me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

kick... the fact you know all this is kind of weird...

*makes the sign of the Princess Mononoke*

• Advertisement

kick... the fact you know all this is kind of weird...

*makes the sign of the Princess Mononoke*

Ha.

I can explain.

I was looking at the Paedo finder site as it was mentioned on the "Most distrurbing thing etc" thread.
    Later was watching Oz when Hill mentioned prisoners stop recieving letters and it kills them. Was browsing through Prison Penpal programmes in the US and he jumped out at me.

YYOu don't trust me for a minute, do you LennyBenny?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement