Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Flat calm here as well.

Pressure bottomed out at 971.7. Now 972.0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Sunny calm and cool.Lovely morning.
    971.4mb was the lowest i got.Rising since my last post 981.4mb atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Its still 989 at casement, I expected it to rise as soon as the LP through moved on. Met still forecasting strong North westerly gusts, is there any other action out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Overcast most of thr day, odd bit of rain. It feels milder.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

im reading a Temp of 4.4c and falling in the ol' back garden this hour.very calm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭arctictree

Cold and Crisp here, light breeze. Temp currently +3.3c

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ditto that.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Clear and sunny here. Temperature falling fast, currently 5.3°C down from a high of 6.5°C at 12:30 .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

5.9 hrs sunshine, smashing day.
    Max 8.5C

Already a grass frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭arctictree

Temp dropping fast now. Down to 1.1c now. Should see sub zero tonight...

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Clear and sunny here all day today. Temp was down to 1.8C around an hour ago but a bit of a breeze has picked up since and it's back up to 2.5C now.

Temperature hasnt moved much here in the last hour.
    Currently 2.4 up from 1.7 earlier, but is going up and down a little frequently. Its a bit odd as is clear and still out, will probably drop again later.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Almost an air frost.

+0.4C

And then the wind kicks in and temp rises by a degree....

Hovering around 2.5c atm here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

1.9c here currently and DP of 0.8c, a bit of a frost down on the grass. 'tis feeling fierce Christmassy out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

0.6c here now.

With warm front expected later in the west, this is as probably as low as I will go tonight.

has fallen here in the last hour to 1.7 but seems to be struggling to go any lower

A short flutter,
    now -0.9C and falling slowly

Mothman wrote: »
    A short flutter,
    now -0.9C and falling slowly

I'm two degrees warmer here (1.1°C) with a light breeze, interestingly I see Arctictree is sub zero also.
    Dropping in fits and starts here, will probably just about make sub zero by morning at this rate.

• Advertisement

0.8c here now, come on ye good thing.before the clouds!

Finally below zero here, down to -0.3°C

I've just dropped to 1.3C for the third time tonight, there's a fairly steady 5-10kph breeze out there, I'm guessing it's keeping the temp up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Dont know what the temp is here in Navan but my Black Jeep in now white, frozen solid,not just the roof and bonnet but all over....its really cold...

on a side note here, xcweather is reporting a -4 in keswick , near english lakes. Brrr

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Only managd -0.3c during the nigh (around midnight). Now +4.8c

This is only the second air frost of the season, the last being November 23rd - pathetic!

When I was young(er) the ice scrpaer and de-icer was a necessity to aid getting to school. I wonder does anybody even buy de-icer or own an ice scrapper any more!!!

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Only managd -0.3c during the nigh (around midnight). Now +4.8c

This is only the second air frost of the season, the last being November 23rd - pathetic!

When I was young(er) the ice scrpaer and de-icer was a necessity to aid getting to school. I wonder does anybody even buy de-icer or own an ice scrapper any more!!!

Good point, i find myself using the ol scraper less and less now.

I got a minimum of 0.0c at some point during the night.Dont know what time it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

This morning low of -0.1c at 7.20am. Grand morning out there, frosty, cold, clear and calm, if only it'd last!

Never got lower than 0.9C here which was just after midnight. Rose steadily through the night and was at 4.3C leaving the house 20 minutes ago.

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »

Not as bad as 2002, a single air frost in Oct, and then none till January!

-1.5C air and -6.8C on the grass were my mins last night.

Slightly overcast, but cloud thinning.

Advertisement