Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Donagh Station Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

There's always shops coming soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Why is there still no topmen/topshop up there that's what it needs badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

hithere10 wrote: »
    Why is there still no topmen/topshop up there that's what it needs badly

Probably because no decent retail chain wants to pay the outrageous rent prices here. If a stall in the middle of the floor costs 500 euros for a weekend the rent for an actual store unit must be out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Would like to see Burger King (for the odd treat), couple of designer menswear like Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, H&M that kinda thing.

Hope the Carrig Donn is not a closure of their High St store and merely moving over?? They surely have a good tourist trade going near the Castle and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

I think that the article doesnt clearly state that they are actually creating a new Carrig Donn shop in MacDonagh, it seems to me that Carrig Donn might just be expanding their shop on High Street and it just got added to that article...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

KatCookie wrote: »
    I think that the article doesnt clearly state that they are actually creating a new Carrig Donn shop in MacDonagh, it seems to me that Carrig Donn might just be expanding their shop on High Street and it just got added to that article...

was there today Carrig Doon are going in where Tom Tailor was it's going to be a second shop they will have in kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Tell me, is there still no free parking in McDonagh Junction?

Stephen wrote: »
    Tell me, is there still no free parking in McDonagh Junction?

No Steph, it's €1 per hour. Think it's 5 for the day or something.
    And you get a free hour if you €10 in Dunnes.

Just see BB's Coffee shop is opening over there...just what they need, another crappy over priced coffee joint. Do they not have focus groups there or listen to what people are saying. Bar Eddie Rocketts there is no where decent to eat over there (even Eddie's is debatable but I like to go there the odd time and they have a meal deal at last).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

think their trying to make it an upmarket foodcourt, i.e. no riff raff fastfood patrons! u'd think at this stage market demand would kick-in, like how many coffee shops can kk support anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

BB's are nice going to be my new number 1 coffe shop now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

gunner11 wrote: »
    think their trying to make it an upmarket foodcourt, i.e. no riff raff fastfood patrons! u'd think at this stage market demand would kick-in, like how many coffee shops can kk support anyways!
    Well that's easily solved, Andy can move his chip van in at a moments notice. No fitout required, just an empty space to pull up. I'm really surprised no one has ever tried to set up a mobile hotdog stand in Kilkenny. Is there anything to legal impediment to this kind of vending?
    It's very common in the US and on the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I was up there today it seemed busy enough esp in hmv. I also learned I must look younger than my age as I got asked for ID when I went to buy a dvd in HMV :D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

catbear wrote: »
    Well that's easily solved, Andy can move his chip van in at a moments notice. No fitout required, just an empty space to pull up. I'm really surprised no one has ever tried to set up a mobile hotdog stand in Kilkenny. Is there anything to legal impediment to this kind of vending?
    Sure is -the council and HSE would have you shut down within the hour

t63m wrote: »
    Sure is -the council and HSE would have you shut down within the hour

Why?

catbear wrote: »

I know someone who got hepatitis from eating from one of those chip vans!

Whether food is prepared in a solid or mobile facility, food poisoning is a direct result of poor hygiene standards.
    by your logic zorro, no one should eat food from venders in temporary structure like that found at music festivals, sports events etc....
    I'll rephrase my question for who are rationally challenged; why would the council and HSE shut down any food vending operation that passes hygiene standards on the basis that it is not in a fixed premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Is some sort of a 'trading licence' required and if so, are they location specific?

If the answer to the above is yes and the vendor doesn't have one, then they could be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I know someone who got hepatitis from eating from one of those chip vans!
    What? You're joking right? Is that even possible?

Unless of course by 'chip van' you mean something totally different, like 'scumbag's crotch'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

ooooh I've got an itchy chip van..

was down in Mac Donagh Junction there today place was very busy, few new shops opened The Jean Scene looks like it will be opened before the weekend not to many empty units left now, The place is really starting to fill up, It has to be the best shopping centre in the southeast by far, I know other neighbouring town's have most of the same shops but a lot has to be said for having them all under the one roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Except a Tesco and an Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

was down in Mac Donagh Junction there today place was very busy, few new shops opened The Jean Scene looks like it will be opened before the weekend not to many empty units left now, The place is really starting to fill up, It has to be the best shopping centre in the southeast by far, I know other neighbouring town's have most of the same shops but a lot has to be said for having them all under the one roof.
    i will be over there in feb just where is the new shopping centre ?i will be coming in from carlow

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Except a Tesco and an Aldi.

Do we really need Tesco maybe we should be proud we dont have one :)
    as for Aldi they have got permission to build on the hebron rd and a descision is due to be made about one over beside lidl on the 23 of dec so by this time next year we'l prob have 2,

getz wrote: »
    i will be over there in feb just where is the new shopping centre ?i will be coming in from carlow

As you enter city from the Dublin/Carlow Road MacDonagh Junction is located on your right hand side beside the train station and the Car Park entrance is immediately after old AIB Bank on your right and just before St John’s Church.

As you enter city from the Dublin/Carlow Road MacDonagh Junction is located on your right hand side beside the train station and the Car Park entrance is immediately after old AIB Bank on your right and just before St John’s Church.
    thanks we have always loved killkenny ,and we will have a month to spend walking there and carlow'

its just clicked in my brain they have been building it for the last three years,just one more thing , are dogs allowed into the main shopping centre ?

i wouldn't think so, can't say i ever seen anyone with a dog in there why would ya want to bring a dog shopping:confused:

• Advertisement

i wouldn't think so, can't say i ever seen anyone with a dog in there why would ya want to bring a dog shopping:confused:
    when we come over to ireland we always bring our dog with us,as he is a very special and big english bulldog worth over £2.500,i cannot leave him in the car or in the cottage because he would most certainly be stolen,normally when i am in killkenny i take him with me into the shopping centre ,and as the the wife shops, i stand with him outside pennies [with a big crowd around me] i am ok as far as eating goes as you know killkenny has many outside cafes ,i just asked so i wont find myself turning into a shopping area and not being able to get him out of the car

Advertisement