Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Donagh Station Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

getz wrote: »
    when we come over to ireland we always bring our dog with us,as he is a very special and big english bulldog worth over £2.500,i cannot leave him in the car or in the cottage because he would most certainly be stolen,normally when i am in killkenny i take him with me into the shopping centre ,and as the the wife shops, i stand with him outside pennies [with a big crowd around me] i am ok as far as eating goes as you know killkenny has many outside cafes ,i just asked so i wont find myself turning into a shopping area and not being able to get him out of the car

Disguise him so he looks (and smells) like a mangy half bred mutant of a dog, that way you can avoid unwanted attention when out and about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

pueblo wrote: »
    Disguise him so he looks (and smells) like a mangy half bred mutant of a dog, that way you can avoid unwanted attention when out and about?
    i know if anyone asks i will say he is a mongolian,looking for work

getz wrote: »
    i know if anyone asks i will say he is a mongolian,looking for work

now that's just plain unfair.....to Mongolians as well a Bulldogs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

ok i have got it sir,i will carry a white stick and wear sunglasses,and say he is a guide dog,if they say he cannot be because its a bulldog, i will say is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

See the Jeans Scene is opening Saturday. A pleasant surprise, looks like a fine shop to be fair. Not many vacant units now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

how many empty units are left now? what ever happened to penny's opening a store did they start building phase 2 off the shopping centre yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

mfitzy wrote: »
    See the Jeans Scene is opening Saturday. A pleasant surprise, looks like a fine shop to be fair.
    Looks can be deceiving. Ever been to the 'designer' outlet in Rathdowney?

It's like Atlas defecated on a carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

how many empty units are left now? what ever happened to penny's opening a store did they start building phase 2 off the shopping centre yet

I've no idea but I can't see how the people behind the centre would be wanting to build more shops seeing as the money's not exactly been rolling in. Let's face it, if you're having to give HMV a shop in the place rent-free (or so rumour has it) you're getting desperate.

Firetrap wrote: »
    I've no idea but I can't see how the people behind the centre would be wanting to build more shops seeing as the money's not exactly been rolling in. Let's face it, if you're having to give HMV a shop in the place rent-free (or so rumour has it) you're getting desperate.

I think more than just 'rent free', they would also be offering serious cash incentives to open there.

NAMA NAMA Ding Dong

pueblo wrote: »
    I think more than just 'rent free', they would also be offering serious cash incentives to open there.

NAMA NAMA Ding Dong

from what i've heard is they got first year at discounted rate, but sure what ever the reason HMV are there they've helped the junction to turn the corner, was down there today and for a monday it was fairly busy, only counted 4 empty units in the place and 2 or 3 small units down around the 3 store, i've been down to clonmel in the showgrounds and citysquare in waterford but i think mac donagh junction is streets ahead of both for choice

• Advertisement

anyone know what new shop is going into the unit between Next and River Island, looks like lot of work going on in there

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Don't know, but wasn't/isn't peter mark supposed to be moving into the main centre from that other building outside?

anyone know what new shop is going into the unit between Next and River Island, looks like lot of work going on in there

Noticed that the other day. Very well boarded over and concealed so impossible to know what is going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

was there today and seen work has started, on the the building out where the credit union is, hopefully it will be an extra attraction to the place when it's up and running,
    also seen BB's coffee and muffins add for staff in kk ppl, must be going to open soon too, friend of mine work's for Aware in dublin and she was telling me Awear will be opening in november

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭littletiger

I would like to see it do well and expand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

linny wrote: »
    was there today and seen work has started, on the the building out where the credit union is, hopefully it will be an extra attraction to the place when it's up and running,
    also seen BB's coffee and muffins add for staff in kk ppl, must be going to open soon too, friend of mine work's for Aware in dublin and she was telling me Awear will be opening in november

I saw them there on Wednesday so they probably started on Monday. They seem to be doing something in the old Londis place since I saw them putting up shelving units in there before they blockaded the whole place.

what is it going to be some kind of indoor market? remember hearing something about it before

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Only one Keano

According to the Kk People its going to be an indoor market of some sort. Think they said there would be c 20 traders and pretty sure it said they are opening before Christmas. It can only be good for the Shopping Centre and should help create some local employment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

yes great to see it getting better, what about all the people live on the freshford side of town where are the shops? as usual kilkenny is lopsided, if the ring road had gone round the city, so much for the planners

any one see the interview with mac donagh junction general manager in the advertiser, new hot food outlet to open in june hopefully BK, and quote from him, we have a major anchor tenant comming in september, the only one of its kind in the southeast anyone any ideas who this might be? or where can an anchor tenant go unless dunnes or tk maxx leave,
    also he said they have appiled for planning for 10 screen cinema
    hope this gets go ahead kilkenny needs new cinema

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Why do we we need another cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

femur61 wrote: »

Because the one that's there is crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Cillín Hill is where it's at for the bargains, maaaaan.

any one see the interview with mac donagh junction general manager in the advertiser, new hot food outlet to open in june hopefully BK, and quote from him, we have a major anchor tenant comming in september, the only one of its kind in the southeast anyone any ideas who this might be? or where can an anchor tenant go unless dunnes or tk maxx leave,
    also he said they have appiled for planning for 10 screen cinema
    hope this gets go ahead kilkenny needs new cinema

Yea, I was wondering that too...why all the secrecy, could he not just name names!! Think there's a few large units still empty in the main mall so I'd imagine they're going there. It must must some kinda shop that's only in Dublin perhaps.

Cinema would fit nicely I think, could go in where the new hotel "Opening 2009" lol was meant to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

A new cinema would be great and a BK!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Noooooooo, not BK, I'm fat enough as it is.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

femur61 wrote: »

Are you serious?

Do you ever look at the listings in the current cinema and realise how crap they are, and the fact that regularly they do not show decent films that end up with oscar nominations?

Our current cinema is embarrasing, 4 small screens in a place the size of Kilkenny when surrounding Thurles, Carlow, Portloaise all have larger cinemas for smaller towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

we have a major anchor tenant comming in september, the only one of its kind in the southeast anyone any ideas who this might be?

My guess would be,

Clothes store - H&M or possibly House of Fraiser

Groceries (although i cant see where it would go) - Marks and Spensers

Food - Finding something no to clash directly with Eddies would be hard but if they dont care it could be BurgerKing, Mc Donalds, KFC or Abrakabra, but more likely something like Pizza Hut so that it would be a bit different.

Either way all fantastic news, get Debenhams and Easons in there while they are at it and Kilkenny would lot a lot more appetizing to the potential traveling customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

PaulKK wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Do you ever look at the listings in the current cinema and realise how crap they are, and the fact that regularly they do not show decent films that end up with oscar nominations?

Our current cinema is embarrasing, 4 small screens in a place the size of Kilkenny when surrounding Thurles, Carlow, Portloaise all have larger cinemas for smaller towns.

Theres no-one going to the current cinema, not sure they would be going to a new one, bigger screens or not. There is, or was, a dispute with one of the distributors which has meant some films don't end up there.

Its too expensive at the moment, and any new cinema isn't going to be cheaper. Still, I wont knock it if comes.

• Advertisement

Yea, i was thinking H&M also.

Advertisement