Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin V10 maps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Just got a 360T delivered from Expansys. It's got V9 and the Garmin site tells me that no updates are available :(

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

JamesM wrote: »
    Just got a 360T delivered from Expansys. It's got V9 and the Garmin site tells me that no updates are available :(

NT2008 wont be out for download until the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    NT2008 wont be out for download until the new year.

If Bigfeller got 2008 on the same day I got V9, surely they have to get me 2008 ASAP :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Well i've bought my 670t just waiting for it to arrive. Here's hoping that I can get updates to v10 in the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

bambam wrote: »
    bought a garmin nuvi 250 in DID, Drogheda Retail Park. 2008 maps were on it

How much did it cost you??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

how do i find out what version maps I have? on the box it just says City Navigator Europe NT. I ordered 2 Garmins from Pixmania and only received one... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Benolam

Can someone advise me if the Garmin 250 W has a 2D map display option. Also does it (or any other car GPS) display geographical co-ordinates. i.e. 53.12 N, 06.33 W.

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 shanev13

Garmin 250w available with City Navigator NT 2008 on mySatNav.ie

http://www.mysatnav.ie/garmin-nuvi-250W

seems a bit expensive ?

Benolam wrote: »
    Can someone advise me if the Garmin 250 W has a 2D map display option. Also does it (or any other car GPS) display geographical co-ordinates. i.e. 53.12 N, 06.33 W.

Thanks..

Yep, it has both a 2D map display and you can enter Co-ords, pop into any halfords, currys or pc world n you'll get a demo:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DJones

Yeah, from pixmania. Not going to register it until the new maps arrive, although reading other threads here, they may not necessarily be free.
    Just spoke to customer service in Garmin +44-870-8501242 enquiring about maps for 710T... they said that it may or may not have the new maps preloaded but that FREE update DVDs will be available to anyone who buys from 1st of December (Map update testing being finalised at moment and they will probably not be released until February).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

DJones wrote: »
    Just spoke to customer service in Garmin +44-870-8501242 enquiring about maps for 710T... they said that it may or may not have the new maps preloaded but that FREE update DVDs will be available to anyone who buys from 1st of December (Map update testing being finalised at moment and they will probably not be released until February).

great stuff so :)

i'll get the free updates, but my father will miss out by a few weeks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭kirving

How can Garmin know when you actually purchased the unit. Will you be required to show a copy of proof of purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

How can Garmin know when you actually purchased the unit. Will you be required to show a copy of proof of purchase?

When you register the unit on their website you have to enter a date of purchase, prob not something they look into very carefully tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭trant

Just a quick note, got my new Nuvi 770 from Expansys today and it came with V10 maps (Europe NT 2008 and American NT 2008).

Just ggot a Garmin 250W from Pixmania. How do I check map version?

Just ggot a Garmin 250W from Pixmania. How do I check map version?

click the tools button, select map, and then map info. Will show there :o

Yep, got it. NT 2008 maps from Pixmania, cool.

OK I have NT 2008 maps on my Garmin 250W. But it dosen't havethe N11 Gorey by-pass, which has been open since July. I'll be driving through the fields on my way to Wexford.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

OK I have NT 2008 maps on my Garmin 250W. But it dosen't havethe N11 Gorey by-pass, which has been open since July. I'll be driving through the fields on my way to Wexford.

Wasnt the gorey bypassed only partially open in July. I may be wrong, but I remember travelling up to croker in August and it wasnt fully open. I was however on it last month and it was fully open then.

Only fully completed roads before a certain date and included in their latest maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Also, bear in mind that there's a lead time between Garmin (or anyone else for that matter) getting the raw data from Navteq and turning that into the maps they put into their final product. AFAIK City Navigator 2008 is based on 2007 Q2 Navteq data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Bought a Garmin 200W in Halfords (Letterkenny) today for €199, it has NT 2008 maps. The 250W also had NT 2008 European maps for €249.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

bought a nuvi 660FM in halfords in dublin today and it has the NT 2008 maps aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭jamesd

On a Garmin GPS with bluetooth if you plug a set of headphones into the headphone sockets if you take a call can only the person with the headphones on can hear the call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

I Updated my Nuvi 660 FM with the 2008 Maps, It includes most new roads upto April of this year but part of the New M1 from the border to Newry is not included, although this new road was opened in Sept/Oct of this year.

Also there is a new Bluetooth Update from 2.8 to 3.0 and it is finally bringing in more support for SMS I can now do a limited sync of my sms's from my ipaq 514 with the Jetware extension added

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    click the tools button, select map, and then map info. Will show there :o

No "Map" option on the Nuvi 250. Box says its loaded with city navigator europe nt but doesnt state the version. Cant find any reference to it in the settings - just software version, unit ID, audio version and GPS SW.

Anybody know how I can find out what version it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Sully wrote: »

Anybody know how I can find out what version it is?

Sully, Click the spanner icon, then go into Settings, then scroll down to map, when you click that there's a button down at the bottom of the screen "Map Info". Click that, my 250W says "City Navigator Europe NT 2008". This is the current map release.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully wrote: »
    No "Map" option on the Nuvi 250. Box says its loaded with city navigator europe nt but doesnt state the version. Cant find any reference to it in the settings - just software version, unit ID, audio version and GPS SW.

Thanks OP, but the above comment you cut out explains that option isnt available to me!

EDIT:: On updating software, it has come available. Indeed I am using v10 it seems - City Navigator Europe NT 2008!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Flying wrote: »
    I Updated my Nuvi 660 FM with the 2008 Maps, It includes most new roads upto April of this year but part of the New M1 from the border to Newry is not included, although this new road was opened in Sept/Oct of this year.

Where did you get the update ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

texanman wrote: »
    Where did you get the update ?

I help test several gps solutions and garmin have sent my company the update at the start of this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Advertisement