Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin V10 maps

Options
  • 16-11-2007 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Are being shown as preloaded here on the 710, 760, 770. Also on www.mysatnav.ie. Hopefully they'll show on the cheaper models soon.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Updates for existing models will be available in 4-6 weeks. Confirmed by garmin UK this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Updates for existing models will be available in 4-6 weeks. Confirmed by garmin UK this morning.

A colleague rang them last week and they said they will not be offering free updates like last year.

Hopefully this isn't true or alot of people will be complaining and looking for refunds from all the major retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Looks like it'll be a lot safer to wait so until the V10 update makes it into production, new year I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Anyone know whats different between V9 and V10 maps. What countries have improved coverage etc ....

thegoth wrote: »
    Anyone know whats different between V9 and V10 maps. What countries have improved coverage etc ....

updated roads, by-passes, new housing estates for Ireland + UK. Haven't been told if new countries will be included :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Garmin Nuvi 250w now comes preloaded with CityNavigator Europe NT 2008. I just got one delivered from Pixmania.

dfcelt wrote: »
    Garmin Nuvi 250w now comes preloaded with CityNavigator Europe NT 2008. I just got one delivered from Pixmania.

Thats what I was waiting for :) thanks for the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Hopefully the stoneybatter one way system is sorted out ,I was all over the place today because of the one way system :D

_Brian_ wrote: »
    Hopefully the stoneybatter one way system is sorted out ,I was all over the place today because of the one way system :D

Common sense is slightly involved with using the satnavs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

I bought a 660fm garmin and didn't register it.If i wait till the new maps come out would i get a free map upgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

texanman wrote: »
    I bought a 660fm garmin and didn't register it.If i wait till the new maps come out would i get a free map upgrade?

That was always the case, only time will tell if they plan on continuing with this method.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I asked Garmin about the 2008 Europe maps and received the following reply:

"In regards to your email, at this time there has been no official
    release date for the CNEU 2008 update DVD and also no official
    announcement on whether customers are entitled to a free update if
    purchasing after a specific date.

I would recommend contacting us again with the same query earlier next
    February of which by then we will certainly have more information
    regarding the update process."

Am I missing something on this thread? How can they have Europe Version 10 pre-loaded when, according to their reply, they haven't announced the release date. Is V10 is the same as Europe 2008, or am I getting my wires crossed?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I asked Garmin about the 2008 Europe maps and received the following reply:

"In regards to your email, at this time there has been no official
    release date for the CNEU 2008 update DVD and also no official
    announcement on whether customers are entitled to a free update if
    purchasing after a specific date.

I would recommend contacting us again with the same query earlier next
    February of which by then we will certainly have more information
    regarding the update process."

Am I missing something on this thread? How can they have Europe Version 10 pre-loaded when, according to their reply, they haven' announced the release date. Is V10 is the same as Europe 2008, or am I getting my wires crossed?

V10 is the 2008 AFAIK, whats conveniently missing from their reply is when the new maps made it or will make it into production

If at first you don't succeed, try try again!

Another reply from Garmin(Europe)

"In regards to your email, I can confirm units preloaded with City
    Navigator Europe 2008 have been released however the City Navigator
    Europe 2008 update DVD has not been released.

By purchasing online there is no method (unless the website states)
    which version is preloaded or in the box. Also in stores without
    physically checking there is no method to confirm there whether it has
    V9 or 08 mapping.

Garmin aims to update the Western European mapping products at least
    once a year, which makes the severance period we can offer to our
    customers for free update quite short, but still relevant (usually at
    least 1 month), before availability.

We are currently in that small severance period where by V9 update is
    discontinued and the 2008 update is imminent."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

There is no v10. The official name is City Navigator Europe 2008.
    It is the successor to the v9 maps.

Garmin are literally crap, when it comes to releasing the product on DVD.
    I would (and am!) holding off until I'm absolutely certain that the GPS I#m buying comes pre-installed with the new mapping.

Garmin have recently over-turned some of their previous policies, including free unlocks to a second GPS receiver unit, and there has also been much discussion about the future of free upgrades.

There is no v10. The official name is City Navigator Europe 2008.
    It is the successor to the v9 maps.

Garmin are literally crap, when it comes to releasing the product on DVD.
    I would (and am!) holding off until I'm absolutely certain that the GPS I#m buying comes pre-installed with the new mapping.

Garmin have recently over-turned some of their previous policies, including free unlocks to a second GPS receiver unit, and there has also been much discussion about the future of free upgrades.

So, do you reckon that that they are thinking of following the same screwed-up anti-consumer Tomtom map-update policy? It's about time that our wonderful EU regulators looked into this situation and came up with some proper rules, in the consumer's favour of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes, I believe so.. They've already adjusted a number of other previously consumer-friendly policies. This may be because of the Nokia NavTeq take-over. Their new 6 year agreement may not be as favorable as their previous agreement with NavTeq.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

any update on this?

i've bought one nuvi 610t already a few weeks ago, and have another on the way (one for myself & father).

would be seriously pissed off if i couldn't get a free update :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

dfcelt wrote: »

I just got a 250w delivered too and it has v9 on it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks for the heads up guys, was just about to buy a 670t that's 9 months old so I presume would have v9 and wouldn't have been able to get a free update

Think i'll wait until the new year altogether

• Advertisement

I just got a 250w delivered too and it has v9 on it:(

From Pixmania also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

DannyBuoy wrote: »
    From Pixmania also?
    Yeah, from pixmania. Not going to register it until the new maps arrive, although reading other threads here, they may not necessarily be free.

Yeah, from pixmania. Not going to register it until the new maps arrive, although reading other threads here, they may not necessarily be free.

Its a grey area, I think. I'm in the market for a sat nav but I'm gona hold out a bit until I know for certain but defo dont register it yet and keep an eye on the forum. V10 / 2008 looks like its made it into production but there's probably a good stock out there bought for the Christmas market running the earlier mapping.
    BTW dont leave your 250 in your car, I did, thats why I'm looking for another one :(

I've been offered a 670t at a decent price. What are my options here. It's 9 months old so most definately has v9 maps

I'm not sure if it's registered yet, i'm waiting on a reply. But what are my options if:

a) It's not registered
    b) It's registered

Sorry for the stupid question, I appreciate any advise :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

well i've bought 2 Nuvi 610T's in the past month, both for christmas..

from what i gather even the garmin staff don't have a clue about updates etc.. so we'll all have to ride it out until the v10 maps become standard.

i'll be kicking up a fuss anyway should i not get them, hopefully if enough people do the same they'll back down or at least give half price on new maps or something..

Everyone will be in the same boat at christmas. All running v9 and it will be very sneaky should garmin roll out v10 just after christmas and not give us free updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

bought a garmin nuvi 250 in DID, Drogheda Retail Park. 2008 maps were on it

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I've been offered a 670t at a decent price. What are my options here. It's 9 months old so most definately has v9 maps

I'm not sure if it's registered yet, i'm waiting on a reply. But what are my options if:

a) It's not registered
    b) It's registered

Sorry for the stupid question, I appreciate any advise :o

Turns out the GPS wasn't registered so handy enough. Definately going to go ahead and buy it and as said above, see how things go with updated maps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Got a 250w from Komplett today and it has v9 maps too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

I have a 250W on the way to me from Pixmania, really hope it has the new maps, my uncle is getting one too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Got a 250W from Pixmania delivered today - had the 2008 maps on it...

Advertisement