Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you bother with Breakfast?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

I try and have breakfast every morning, some brown bread and cup of tea.
    I know its been said for years but breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Its starts your metabolism off correctly so you can digest and process the rest of your days food.
    By skipping breakfast, your metabolism is delayed until after your first proper food (not cig and coffee) and will lead to fat buildup and weight gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

ongarite wrote: »
    By skipping breakfast, your metabolism is delayed until after your first proper food (not cig and coffee) and will lead to fat buildup and weight gain.

Your metabolism will only drop by about 5% tops while you sleep. Sure, eating breakfast will speed it right up again, but so will drinking a glass of ice cold water.

The real joy of breakfast is it's FUEL! you feel so much more awake after a good breakfast!

Personally i don't understand no eating breakfast. Maybe it's because i train late, eat and then sleep but i wake up starving. If i don't get food within about 30 mins of my initial wake up i tend to get cranky.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Reading this thread... no wonder we're the biggest lard asses in Europe or whatever. People getting 5 euro fry ups every morning? People not eating till 1pm? Jesus christ, twixes and lucozade for breakfast? This is shocking!!!!
    ongarite wrote: »
    I know its been said for years but breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Its starts your metabolism off correctly so you can digest and process the rest of your days food.

You're both properly right, but I never eat breakfast (except that mid-morning Twix and Lucozade) and I'm a perfect weight for my height and as of last month I'm in perfect health. I've been sick maybe 3 times 22 years, and I have buckets of enery. Maybe I'm unusual but I'm sure there are more like me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

you eat a lot of food :eek:

Hahaha, yeah i know, i'm "bulking up" so i get to eat loads, yay

Advertisement