Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you bother with Breakfast?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

what is breakfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    Here is my daily routine:

Get rudely awoken by alarm clock an hour before lecture,
    press snooze on said alarm clock,
    press snooze on said alarm clock 9 minutes later,
    press snooze on said alarm clock once more 9 minutes later,
    finally wake up,
    brush teeth, wash face, get dressed,
    leave house at ten to,
    get to lecture on time by ten past,
    go through a couple of lectures before there is a break,
    eat lunch...
    in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I try to. Not always.

ATM managing to eat porridge every morning so i'm on a good run - for now!

It does make a huge difference though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Porridge with a spoon of flaxseed or linseed in it and two glasses of juice, usually cranberry and orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I work nights and sleep during the day so breakfast is a bit tricky. When I get up everyone is usually having dinner, and shepards pie is not the first thing you want when you're just out of bed. Lasagne on the other hand is fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Honey Nut Cheerios everyday for the rest of my life... fckin' beautiful they are! With some fruit juice to wash it all down after, fckin lovely! I wouldn't survive with out me cheerios...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shenspanstastik

3 fags and a strong cuppa tea. then a really hard crap in right after. me sorted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I dont do breakfast.
    Aparently peanut butter on toast and a piece of fruit is the way to go though..
    Simple sugars, carbs and fats all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,080 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

3 fags and a strong cuppa tea. then a really hard crap in right after. me sorted! :D

nice first post

normally cereal and toast(optionally) for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I couldn't even contemplate getting in the car and driving to work without
    having my habitual breakfast of a double espresso and a cigarette first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

MY breakfast for four years consisted of a can of coke and two slices of toast. I now have a stomach ulcer

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm eating breakfast right now and it's so time consuming and boring. It eats into my lie in time (pun intended)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

do ciggies count?
    i sleep in a lot so i miss about 4 breakfasts a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    do ciggies count?
    i sleep in a lot so i miss about 4 breakfasts a week

Absolutely, the breakfast of champions as long as it's accompanied
    by a proper coffee. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Reading this thread... no wonder we're the biggest lard asses in Europe or whatever. People getting 5 euro fry ups every morning? People not eating till 1pm? Jesus christ, twixes and lucozade for breakfast? This is shocking!!!!
    I have porridge when I get to work, but if I didn't have that option I would have to eat before I left the house. On sats and suns I don't wake up till lunch time so I just have a sandwich or eggs on toast or something.

well aren't you just a model breakfast eater?

WE DON'T HAVE TIME!

I would think I am eating a model breakfast yes, you can't really get much better than porridge. And you do have time, get up 6 minutes earlier you lazy gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Readybrek ftw! :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm one of the only ones in my house who has a breakfast, and i have one hell of a breakfast too!
    I make my "breakfast smoothy" which consists of: 1 banana, 1 strawberry yogurt, 40/50grams of porridge oats and a load of milk, all blitzed together YUM!
    Then i'll have a regular bowl of porridge or cereal, and a slice of toast. I usually wash that down with a nice big glass of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

no. havent got the time, i didnt even have one in secondary school and im 26 now

• Advertisement

it's difficult to get up early when you're a night owl :( do you really need breakfast anyway, just say you haven't eaten breakfast in about 7 years, would your body not be used to it by now?

but you do have the time...

I'm one of the only ones in my house who has a breakfast, and i have one hell of a breakfast too!
    I make my "breakfast smoothy" which consists of: 1 banana, 1 strawberry yogurt, 40/50grams of porridge oats and a load of milk, all blitzed together YUM!
    Then i'll have a regular bowl of porridge or cereal, and a slice of toast. I usually wash that down with a nice big glass of water.

you eat a lot of food :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

You've poached my routine - 2 cups of cha and a cigarette -if it's Christmas Eve or Easter i generally celebrate with 2 boiled eggs but not before my constitution is sedated, a wonderous feeling - The breakfast thing's way over rated - Last year I tried Porridge for 5 days running and nice as it was, I was hungry an hour later...another urban myth methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

I have a Full Irish on Christmas morning, and when my sister and her family come over on their holidays i usually cook them all(and myself) a big fry up. Other than that i dont normally have a breakfast, well not since i was about 13.
    We usually had a choice of porridge or weetabix. My mum always put sugar on the porridge and by the time i got my lazy ass out of bed the porridge was kinda floating in a sea of syrup. And weetabix was just out of the question! Even now i cannot even watch someone else eating the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Three weetabix in a big bowl of milk if I'm cycling, otherwise I'll probably have twice that. If breakfast didn't exist I don't know how I'd get out of bed in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cup of tea and a slice of toast, thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

God, i woke up starving this morning. On my way downstairs for brekky now. Usually go with Special K and a cupán, but because someone used most of the milk last night, i reckon, boiled egg, toast and tea should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭smirkingmaurice

Myself, i indulge in a great big ham and egg sandwich, not the sliced crap you'd get in the shop but a real cut of ham, to wash it down i'd have a nice measure of bovril or tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Breakfast tends to make me feel nauseated. But apparently eating breakfast at a regular daily time helps your sleep cycle.... mine is fairly fcuked.

Having said that I walked into class at ten past 11 this morning carrying a takeout box from the canteen and a coffee. Left the box on the 3-bar radiator (Hot Plate!) Opened her up and had a full fry mid-lecture.

Sure I wasnt doing it to be funny (though it happened that way) I was just starving :D

Advertisement