Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you bother with Breakfast?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Dragan wrote: »
    Do you

a) drink?
    b) excercise?

Your lack of incoming calories has most likely crippled your metabolism i would guess.

drink = yes.

Exercise = does lifting/moving servers class as exercise? If so, yes. Occasionally go to the gym too, but have not been in a while.

How does ones metabolism get uncrippled? Is it by not drinking, and exercising everyday? If so, then no, im ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

syklops wrote: »
    How does ones metabolism get uncrippled? Is it by not drinking, and exercising everyday? If so, then no, im ok.

Pretty much yeah. Enjoy being cuddly. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I always eat it yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I always eat it yeah.

We're talking about breakfast Tar! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I used to never eat breakfast up until about 2 months ago and now i can't imagine going without!

It's usually 2 x wholemeal toast & tea
    or 2 x wholemeal toast & boiled egg & tea
    or oatso simple & tea.

I can't understand these people who forget to eat, I'm always starving!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭da1&only

Three peices of fruit every weekday on the way to work and a greasy fry on a saturday:D just to balence things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Don't know how some people on this thread survive without breakfast! This morning I had a big bowl of porridge which had the consistency of cement, two boiled eggs, a glass of multi-vitimen fruit-juice, some milk, some cranberries and almonds.

Don't eat bread that often at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Depends.

Sometimes I wouldn't get up till past 12 so I'd have missed breakfast altogether. If I have time I'll make an omelette or a rasher sandwich if I don't it's usually a slice of toast with some green tea or some fruit and yoghurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Just chug down a pint of milk and a few multi-vits and head to college.

I used to force myself out of bed early for a decent one:

Protein + Fruit Smoothie thing (took ages to find the ingredients and blend the fcuckin thing)
    Glass of OJ + different Vits
    Bowl of Cereal (ALL Bran) + some oatmeal stuff
    Big mugg 'a tae

Then I got lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

actually I forgot sunday. Ye on sundays I cook my self and the OH a fry (well a grill really).

So for myself it would be something like 3 superquinn sausages, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 pieces of white pudding, half a spice burger, 2 fried eggs and some toast accompanied by a mix of cranberry and orange juice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

My breakfast for the past year has consisted of Tracker bars.

Does anybody know if tracker bars are actually good for you? :confused:

I don't know, but who cares, they are lovely!!

I never ate breakfast but I've been on Atkins for the past 9 months or so and I've been quite strict on it (was a 16, now I'm an 8), 'cos of this I've ate breakfast everyday, 4 slices of bacon and 2 sausages, with atkins modified toast, I'm quite proud of this as its my own invention, 1 bit of bread in the toaster, then cut the crusts off then cut it down the middle and take away the excess bread so your left with a the smallest piece of bread ever!! :rolleyes:

Its more for psycholgical effect than actual nutrition, the bacon and the sausages on their own just don't taste the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I'd wolf down a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes after my morning shower and would have a scone and a sup of tea at 10.30. That keeps me going for the day anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Shocked at how many people don't eat brekkie but it does make me understand why their are so many moody people out there.

In my day everyone had breakfast and everyone was polite and nobody did anything wrong.

Now it's gone the other way and the world is falling apart.

*starts running around in circles screaming the world is doomed while simultaneously waving firey sticks around*

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

For me it varies but lately,

Handful of blueberries and of rasbberries or else a carrot and apple juice
    porridge and mueseli mix made with water not milk
    minute steak and baked beans
    banana

Cant underestimate how important breakfast is.

Sure I wont get to eat again for another 2 hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I can't eat breakfast early in the morning because I'll literally get sick. I don't like milk so I wouldn't eat cereal. If I have to have something I'll have some hot chocolate. I was going to have some today but I was wrecked and slept in. Then I had a twix and a bottle of lucozade at about 11.45.

I have tried eating a proper breakfast in the past but it just makes me feel sick, and doesn't give me any extra energy, so I feel tired and sick!

The last time I was able to eat breakfast early in the morning without feeling sick was in New York: The best chocolate chip pancakes ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I'm up most days by 6.30am, rarely have a breakfast, only at weekends.

I hate this latest craze of cereal snacking morning, noon or night. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Up at 5-30 every morning making a smoothie. Havent failed once to eat breakfast since Sept.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

"Not a morning person" doesn't even begin to describe me! I'm at least an hour out of bed before I can even remember my name! No way can I ever put food in my stomach at that stage ... can seldom face coffee, even, though I will have about a pint of tea all right.

If I have time to wake up properly and without stress or rushing, then I can appreciate a breakfast all right, especially if someone else is doing the preparation! :D

And I would then tend to go for reasonably healthy options ... lots of fruit and yoghurt, maybe a bit of cereal, toast and scrambled egg if I'm hungry ... not a great fan of the fry-up, or meat at all at that hour of the day.

Can manage fish all right if it's on offer, but that usually means I'm in a hotel, and not many of those will offer fish either. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

No. Firstly I'm not up early enough to have breakfast. Secondly I'm not hungry until about 10:30. I've tried the whole breakfast thing, and I just felt bloated and basically eughhh all morning, so I stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Teraflop

This morning's menu:
    Eggs over easy
    Bacon
    Potato pancakes with apple sause
    OJ and milk
    WWW news and traffic report

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

If I didn't eat breakfast, I'd be jittery and have rubber knees by 11 - can't understand how people can function without food. I find it difficult to think on an empty stomach .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Porridge with sun flower seeds. Cranberry juice, supplements and if I have time slice of toasted mccambridges bread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Teraflop

|Cookies wrote: »
    thats accualy making me feel sick thinking of it =/
    Different strokes for different folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

hmm, I never seem to have breakfast, I never have the time as I waste all the time I can sleeping and leg it out the door as soon as I get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

hmm, I never seem to have breakfast, I never have the time as I waste all the time I can sleeping and leg it out the door as soon as I get up.

shower/wash ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

If you can call pop tarts and lidl cereal bars a breakfast, then yes.

Just can't stomach toast or cereal in the morning and anything else takes too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

TheGooner wrote: »
    shower/wash ? :(
    Night before...I need my morning sleep....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Here is my daily routine:

Get rudely awoken by alarm clock an hour before lecture,
    press snooze on said alarm clock,
    press snooze on said alarm clock 9 minutes later,
    press snooze on said alarm clock once more 9 minutes later,
    finally wake up,
    brush teeth, wash face, get dressed,
    leave house at ten to,
    get to lecture on time by ten past,
    go through a couple of lectures before there is a break,
    eat lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My mornings consist of:

wake up(different timnes different days)
    shower
    breaky(two bowels cereal, normally weetabix)
    wash teeth, face hands.
    walk to bus

Have it measured to such a tee that I arrive at the bus stop a whole minute or two max before the bus comes:D. If I dont have breaky, I'm a cranky f***er for the whole day, as people can testify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I used to never eat breakfast, but I've started making an honest attempt for the past two weeks. I'll either hardboil some eggs the evening before, or have a bowl of cereal with skim milk. I like my sleep too, so my problem is finding a quick breakfast that won't take much more than 10 minutes to prepare and eat.

Advertisement