Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you bother with Breakfast?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

jsb wrote: »
    see I just couldn't do all that, cause I would be dying for a pee well before I got into work with 2 pintts of water.

For me as I am in a rush first thing in the morning it is a protein shake with a couple of pieces of fruit, then when I get into work it is scrambled eggs with 3 full eggs (probably some eggs whites aswell) with some milk

Thats Ok aswell, at least you are getting your nutrition in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I have never understood people who don't have breakfast in the morning. It's one thing going into work and eating something directly or eating something along the way but not eating till 11 or lunch time is utterly incomprehensible.

Personally I have cereal/porridge, two slices of toast (usually brown) and a mug a tae.

Cannot function without breakfast, I would tend to eat a lot more over the day and feel tired/lacking energy/hungry. And I'm not a morning person, in fact I hate getting up early put I've been eating a similar brekkie since I was about 8 years old I'd say. When I used to go to secondary school I'd always throw a boiled egg ontop of that because I'd have to go an extra hour and a half/2 hours without food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Rarely....sometimes I'll grab an apple on my way out the door but usually I wait until my first break.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Usually up at 7:30 and have breakfast in work at 9...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

During the week, usually have a snack about 11 to keep me going to lunch at 2.
    Weekends mightn't bother eating until 4 or 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It depends if I'm running late or not. If I'm not I'll have a bowl of cereal and a glass of OJ, if I'm late or have little time then I'll grab a cup of coffee and a danish on the way or just get a cup of coffee and a kitkat or something like that in work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Used to grab a quick bowl of special K before running out the door, but being mostly working at home since August and now work from 8-9 then have a leisurely bacon sarnie or scrambled eggs on toast with the young un and gallons of Lidl orange juice. Much moer civilized. I understand that most people forsake breakfast to commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

I never ever eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

i cant function if i dont have brekky....even if im dyin il force something down on the way to work.
    if i didnt id be a zombie for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I always feel ill first thing in the morning... so if I tried to put anything in my stomach I'd only end up being sick.

As such I never eat breakfast.

If at about 1pm I'm hungry and the food in the canteen isn't too horrific looking I might have lunch... but it usually is pretty horrible stuff and I end up eating about half of it at most...

But I do have an OCD where I believe that if I ever finish a meal completely that goblins will come and eat my penis... and not in a good way either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's a rare thing for me to eat breakfast. I think it stems from my student days where I was never up until luch so had missed it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 paddymorrison

I wonder what sort of response we would get if this thread is moved to fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

I have porridge with honey or toast with peanut butter, or if I'm in a huge hurry, a banana and yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I wonder what sort of response we would get if this thread is moved to fitness.

well probably stuff like
    For me as I am in a rush first thing in the morning it is a protein shake with a couple of pieces of fruit, then when I get into work it is scrambled eggs with 3 full eggs (probably some eggs whites aswell) with some milk

Dragan wrote: »
    Omlette

4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs
    chopped cherry tomatoes
    chopped red onion
    chopped mushrooms
    sometimes i stick in some cheese.

2 pints of water.

Thats everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pbug21

I find that once I get over the initial hunger that I get a second wind that does me till lunch. It is really bad for you though. Gotta get your metabolism going for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

when working i have one every day as theres a lovely little cafe around the corner where i work that do a fry for six euro if your taking it away. basically ya get a sausage, rasher ,egg, white puding and a slice of toast. grand for a good start to the day. plus i get to chat up the gorgeous little eastern european waitress that works there. how the hell does god make women that good looking that petite :). its got to the stage now where i dont even have to order anymore. they just see me in the que and put the order in so by the time ive paid its practically waiting for me.

besides that i dont bother. mainly because i wont drag my arse out of bed before 12.

I have lemon water on waking.
    Then before I leave the house I have porridge with soyamilk and milled flax and dried berries, and a yoghurt.
    I couldn't function without breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Never have breakfast when I get up at 7am or so, but still, on days off I could get up at 1pm and sit down right away to a big dinner.....weird :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 paddymorrison

...then when I get into work it is scrambled eggs with 3 full eggs (probably some eggs whites aswell) with some milk
    Aye, how do you make scrambled eggs at work btw? Where I work we don't even have a microwave.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 roadrunner41

My breakfast for the past year has consisted of Tracker bars.

Does anybody know if tracker bars are actually good for you? :confused:

• Advertisement

I usually grab a few sauages, rashers and an egg when I'm in college.

If it wasn't for that place, I'd probably never eat anything

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My breakfast for the past year has consisted of Tracker bars.

You must be loaded... because I've heard you need to take out a mortgage to afford them.

You must be loaded... because I've heard you need to take out a mortgage to afford them.

Boo!

Aye, how do you make scrambled eggs at work btw? Where I work we don't even have a microwave.:(

we have microwaves in both of the buildings I am based out of so I can make it in either, the only problem is actually having the eggs in the building I am going to be in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

MOH wrote: »
    Weekends mightn't bother eating until 4 or 5.
    I've never understood how people do this!!
    MOH, do you actually just not FEEL hungry at all, or are just too lazy to eat/make/buy food? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

connundrum wrote: »
    Last Friday I didn't eat till 7pm, having been up since 8am :(

More often than not I'll simply forget that eating is quite important. 4 days out of 5 I'll not eat till 1pm or there abouts.

Thats me all over. When I wake up I rarely feel like eating anything. And if Im busy I regularly forget to have lunch, and then I end up starving when I get home. How is it that the number of calories I take in in a day is usually in minus figures, and im still slightly too cuddly.

Connundrum, if you dont mind me asking, are you slim, or a bit cuddly? And do you think your shape has to do with your life style?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

syklops wrote: »
    How is it that the number of calories I take in in a day is usually in minus figures, and im still slightly too cuddly.

Do you

a) drink?
    b) excercise?

Your lack of incoming calories has most likely crippled your metabolism i would guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Can't eat first thing in the morning at all, just don't be hungry or in the mood.

Have something when I get into work between nine and ten, usually a few pieces of fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Nothing before I leave the house.
    Coffee & scone at 7:20 when I hit the office.

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »
    Your lack of incoming calories has most likely crippled your metabolism i would guess.

I would go with this aswell as the main reason

Advertisement