Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 johnpaul6

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Hi, I was 32 and had no leaving cert, but had other education that was equal to, or even over and above the leaving cert, you will need something else if you dont have it, maybe a trade would count too, not sure, the leaving cert is in My opinion very important....but not the most important thing in life as you get a little older. By the way I love the GR and encourage it to all, I think it has now matured a little to be accepted by almost all, like all new ventures it takes a while to settle, and seems to be going well all over. Would I like to take on more modules of education, within the role to give me more responsibility going forward ???...yes, hopefully this will happen even for a few small areas, almost like further education in the evenings which would keep the attested reserves motivated, wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

I applied to the reserves on publicjobs.ie and they have emailed me back inviting me to an interview. My question is, Im only doing my leaving cert at the moment, im in 6th year and I was just wondering should I still go to the interview or should I wait for my leaving cert results? Also I have an exemption from languages and I was just wondering what I should do in regards to this as I know you need 2 languages to join the reserves.

Thanks in advance for any replys I get.

Jason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

You only need 1 language English for the Reserves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    You only need 1 language English for the Reserves :)

And what would the story be about the leaving cert? Will I have to wait untill I have my results?

Chears
    Jason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

has anybody heard of the next intake?
    i heard april may?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Last weekend in March.

klong wrote: »
    Last weekend in March.

has anybody been called for a medical in regards to that intake?

has anybody been called for a medical in regards to that intake?

Yes. There were medicals on this week and there are others on this forum with medicals in early March.

very good :)
    do you think i could be called for the meds in march or has everybody been contacted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Last weekend in March.

+1

very good :)
    do you think i could be called for the meds in march or has everybody been contacted?

It depends on the status of your vetting, if it's finished you will get called for your medical.
    I don't think anyone is in a position on this site, unless they work in HR and know the details of your file, to give a definite answer to your question. It really depends on each individual case.

It depends on the status of your vetting, if it's finished you will get called for your medical.
    I don't think anyone is in a position on this site, unless they work in HR and know the details of your file, to give a definite answer to your question. It really depends on each individual case.

do you think maybe i should give them a ring an see whats happenin an how far along my application is?

You could, but all they'll is say is that your application is "ongoing".

• Registered Users Posts: 13 colmwills5

Hey Guys, just wondering is there anyone else waiting a while to hear about the medical, I done the interveiw and report writing last April and passed, met with super in october and hav, nt heard anything yet.!! Just wondering is anyone else waiting this long and if so have they contacted HQ and what are you told!! just want to get started.!!:o

anyone get any good news today!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Scouser wrote: »
    anyone get any good news today!? :)
    Regarding? Did you get good news? If so, congratulations!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

BATTERIES not included from now on.

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Back on topic.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're too late, it's all over. Only the people involved will get it.)

psni wrote: »
    BATTERIES not included from now on.

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Back on topic.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're too late, it's all over. Only the people involved will get it.)

swift justice with a dash of wit

brilliance!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Finally got the word this week to go for the Super interview, feels great to have things finally moving again. Hopefully the medical wont be too long afterwards! Has anyone heard anything concrete about when the next intake might be? Are people being called for medicals at the moment? Getting one step closer to finally getting started on training is a great feeling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tcd

Spartan09 wrote: »
    Finally got the word this week to go for the Super interview, feels great to have things finally moving again. Hopefully the medical wont be too long afterwards! Has anyone heard anything concrete about when the next intake might be? Are people being called for medicals at the moment? Getting one step closer to finally getting started on training is a great feeling!

Congrats being at that stage.. when did you apply online? Found out today i acutaly didn't sned my application in last week :( so more wait

tcd wrote: »
    Congrats being at that stage.. when did you apply online? Found out today i acutaly didn't sned my application in last week :( so more wait

Originally applied in March 09 so pretty much has taken a year overall if hopefully manage to get started in training this month

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

Spartan09 wrote: »

I passed my medical this morning and the next intake is on the 26th of march, if you haven't gotten the date for your medical by now, chances are you wont be in this intake and you'll have to wait for the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tcd

I passed my medical this morning and the next intake is on the 26th of march, if you haven't gotten the date for your medical by now, chances are you wont be in this intake and you'll have to wait for the next one

How often is there a take in?? How many times a year roughly? Not once is it? when did you first put your application in?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

tcd wrote: »
    How often is there a take in?? How many times a year roughly? Not once is it? when did you first put your application in?
    There are usually intakes every 2-4 months.

Yeah that was what I was afraid of, had inspector interview yesterday and went grand, was quite an informal chat as everyone on here has stated previously. Have waited so long for the super/inspector interview and now that its happened and went ok just want to finally get started. Your prob right tho that unlikely to make this intake, hopefully next one wont be too long after the March one. Best of luck with starting training.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Do you not have your sargent's interview first and then the super/inspectors one after that?
    Or do you just have the one interview?

I have had the meeting with the sargent so will i have another soon with a super/inspector?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Do you not have your sargent's interview first and then the super/inspectors one after that?

I have had the meeting with the sargent so will i have another soon with a super/inspector?

I had a meeting with the sargent and then a few weeks later I had another meeting with the super. I think it just depends on your local station cause some people here have only had the one meeting with the Super.

You just have to kind of wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

jmc1546 wrote: »

its different for everyone it just depends to be honest..in my case i just had the inspector interview and that was it... But there is other people i know and they have to met the inspector and the super so just sit tight and you ll soon find out..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 collig2

Just wondering if the meeting with the super is seen as an interview or is it an informal chat for him/her to assess your character?

Cheers lads...

Advertisement