Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

Hats off to the greyhound racing ad taking the mick out of the politically correct scumbags. I hope some are very, very upset by it.
    This is the first I've heard about it. I doubt most people are paying attention to them anymore. Greyhound racing is on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The drummer in the kitchen. So stupid. I dont even know what the ad is for.

Specsavers hearing test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭RINO87

"Better luck next time! Funny old game golf"

Phuck off.

I actually really like that one, they nail the guy who just ****es on about golf, and thinks he's a pro really well I think!

"PITY, because your putting....."

"The hazard on the 9th is usually my waterloo".

I think we all know someone like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This probably belongs in the Trivial things that annoy me thread, but for years, I've always hated it when a company would take out an ad on national radio if they were giving out their phone number they leave out the area code. It's bad enough in earlier times but these days when most of us use mobile phones now you could be standing right outside the building and you need that area code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

flazio wrote: »
    This probably belongs in the Trivial things that annoy me thread, but for years, I've always hated it when a company would take out an ad on national radio if they were giving out their phone number they leave out the area code. It's bad enough in earlier times but these days when most of us use mobile phones now you could be standing right outside the building and you need that area code.

"Four seven eight, nought nought, nought nought"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Pikey

The Colm O'donnellan auction ad. heard it again this morning. He is such an arrogant stuck up d1ck (believe me I know). Came from nothing and has this posh Galway accent!

Assumes you know nothing about anything he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭RINO87

flazio wrote: »

Reminds me of the time years and years ago when Four Star Pizza used to run ads on national television.... They ripped off the Ninja Turtles in it too who were massive at the time (and ate pizza!), which made it seem even cooler!!

They had like two outlets at the time tho, and wouldnt deliver to offaly for some reason.

.....just call us we come to you me hole!

Edit: The ad is on YouTube!! They were aliens not ninja turtle rip offs!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiqIF_HEZEo

• Registered Users Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Jeez what is it with that hotel advert?
    It's like the copywriter was struggling to generate more doggerel and just gave it up as a bad job in the end.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Just heard an ad for "Elf" at some theatre or other from December 28th. It's late September but I feel it is still too early for the xmas ad's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

For the love of god, would someone snap up the rest of the tickets to Hootie & The Blowfish so they can stop playing the ad.

How did they even get a 3Arena gig? They had 1 hit here, they'd probably struggle to sell out a place with 1/3 of the capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Got to laugh at the multiple ads for different hotels for business meetings, as if the meeting is going to be oh-so-much better in our hotel when it's the same management **** droning on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Got to laugh at the multiple ads for different hotels for business meetings, as if the meeting is going to be oh-so-much better in our hotel when it's the same management **** droning on.

Yeah, they're amazing ads.

Maura from PH Ross Plumbing, whose favourite part of her day is when her clients send her pictures of their toilets.

Keep your bizarre fancy for other people's ablutions to yourself you sick fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

The voice of the guy who does concert ads. Ellllllbow. Hootie and the Blowwwwwfish. Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Maura from PH Ross Plumbing, whose favourite part of her day is when her clients send her pictures of their toilets.

Keep your bizarre fancy for other people's ablutions to yourself you sick fcuk
    :eek:
    Ssssteady there Ty, have you got your snout into a slab of Karpackie?

Lost the run of yourself there ?

Not like you at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

The new ad for Club...it's wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 80sChild

"It's like sitting beside your favourite player and he's like 'you know your stuff' and you're like 'This is the best'".

And I'm like- "what a pathetic little man you are".

I want to slap that eejit so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

The new ad for Club...it's wrecking my head.

Didn't even know they were still around haven't had one since the 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Last day for ads for the plobolob auction in Galway. Thank God. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mr E wrote: »
    Last day for ads for the plobolob auction in Galway. Thank God. :o

EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Why oh why does the boy in the Junior Entrepreneur Programme advert really have to have an annoying South Dublin/D4 accent.?

Why can't he have a Midlands or a Southern accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Why oh why does the boy in the Junior Entrepreneur Programme advert really have to have an annoying South Dublin/D4 accent.?

Why can't he have a Midlands or a Southern accent?

It's usually the middle class kids with connected mammies that get those gigs.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    It's usually the middle class kids with connected mammies that get those gigs.

Kinda of like the opposite of the awful "Hey Ciara" answering machine Ad for some car (?) brand with a nasally working class Dub accent - horses for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rodders999 wrote: »
    I would be amazed if this hasn't already been mentioned several times in the 595 odd pages so far but just in case it hasn't it's worth noting that - the weird accented nasal sounding guy who does the voiceovers for the Phoenix magazine DOES MY HEAD IN.
    the most irritating cnut I have heard in years, weird inflection or whatever the term is. If I owned a radio station I would refuse their business as you would be losing listeners. Its like its a pisstake meant to be purposely annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

rubadub wrote: »
    the most irritating cnut I have heard in years. If I owned a radio station I would refuse their business as you would be losing listeners. Its like its a pisstake meant to be purposely annoying.

I actually mentioned the Phoenix v/o ages ago and someone said it was supposed to be a p*** take on PJ Mara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

I think it's for specsavers, the guy giving his favourite top etc in payment while the woman tries to convince him that the test or whatever is free. And it is played an awful lot.

Annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Just heard the Gaiety Panto ad. :confused: It's only Septermber ffs. I thought we would be safe from it for another month or two at least.

Plus any ads to do with the gaiety it usually gets pronounced with a d in it. Gai-idee.
    Similarly char-idee and commun-idee ads. Aaargh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I actually mentioned the Phoenix v/o ages ago and someone said it was supposed to be a p*** take on PJ Mara.

I can see that mentioned. I don't think it is bad (a in purposely comical) enough to be a sendup.
    Phoenix magazine ads.
    Is the VO guy putting on a voice?
    Heard somewhere it is (was) supposed to be a takeoff of Charlie Haughey's voice (or at least Dermot Morgan's interpratation of it, as in "Get in here Mara").
    Why then, would they continue to use a voice which hasn't been heard in over 20 years in order to sell something?
    Unless it's his real voice.
    In which case I'd recommend him getting a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,173 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's someone trying to do someone else's version of a parody of CJ which is what makes it utterly bonkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

There has been a few different Phoenix voiceovers on their ad's in the past 20 or so years...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement