Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

That flute noise in the background of the Aldi ad is doing my head in. Combined with the TV ads as well. You can just tell that every 'actor' they have in their ads is extremely desperate to be on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The awful "status quo" is now "status go" Ad is the one that really gets my goat at the moment and I genuinely cannot remember what it's selling. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Noticed the launderette add is back, the one where the guy is picking up his gimp suit, one of the better adds imo.

Akabusi wrote: »
    Noticed the launderette add is back, the one where the guy is picking up his gimp suit, one of the better adds imo.

You're not serious are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Del.Monte wrote: »

I like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,180 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Couldn’t be ... anyone who refers to an ‘ad’ as an ‘add’ could never be taken seriously.

Move on. Deal done... of no consequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The awful "status quo" is now "status go" Ad is the one that really gets my goat at the moment and I genuinely cannot remember what it's selling. :mad:

That really is crap. Some sort of corporate pep talk outfit, who knows.

Newstalk have a new sports one, a golf panel show or sumat, but with an irritating tuneless postman's whistling going on in the background.

Couldn’t be ... anyone who refers to an ‘ad’ as an ‘add’ could never be taken seriously.

Move on. Deal done... of no consequence.

I can be so stupid at times. I don't know why i added the second "d". Please take me seriously I swear i do know that there is definitely only one "d" in advertisement, I use the "dd" when i want to add as in addition.

It is one of the better ads btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 80sChild

Any radio ads that use a car horn honking in them - give me awful frights while driving thinking they are really in my vicinity and then I feel like a tool when I realise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,180 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Akabusi wrote: »
    I can be so stupid at times. I don't know why i added the second "d". Please take me seriously I swear i do know that there is definitely only one "d" in advertisement, I use the "dd" when i want to add as in addition.

It is one of the better ads btw!

Good lad, glad I could shake you up and bring you round to reality.

Topper.

• Advertisement

Good lad, glad I could shake you up and bring you round to reality.

Topper.

Thank you, I have nothing more to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Newstalk have a new sports one, a golf panel show or sumat, but with an irritating tuneless postman's whistling going on in the background.

Is that whistling not the theme from Disney's Robin Hood with the anthropomorphic animals (Robin's a fox, etc.)? I quite like that tune to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,597 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

check_six wrote: »
    Is that whistling not the theme from Disney's Robin Hood with the anthropomorphic animals (Robin's a fox, etc.)? I quite like that tune to be honest.

It is exactly that.

The tune is comfortably the best thing about golf weekly.

"we're going on a bear hunt, we're going to catch a big one, swishy swashy swishy swashy swishy swashy " FFS - Do I want to hear this at 7.15am when I'm rushing out in the rain to get my train to work??? No EASONS I don't!

Put it on during the Parenting Slot or something ! Sorry for the rant :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah it's kinda cute. I like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Dog Poo is Back!!!!!

Heard the first three notes and went FFS! It can't be, but it was, its back!

Dog Poo, Dog Poo, Dog Poo.

check_six wrote: »

Which has what to do with golf?

"we're going on a bear hunt, we're going to catch a big one, swishy swashy swishy swashy swishy swashy " FFS - Do I want to hear this at 7.15am when I'm rushing out in the rain to get my train to work??? No EASONS I don't!

Put it on during the Parenting Slot or something ! Sorry for the rant :-)

I love that ad. I want to download it to my Spotify. It's so soothing and fun, it's EXACTLY what I want to hear when I'm going to work in the rain, seriously!

"Oh no we've got to go through it!
    Swishy swashy. Swishy swashy"

Love it! Have you heard the Grruffalo one (A Gruffalo?!)?

A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There has been a few different Phoenix voiceovers on their ad's in the past 20 or so years...

new ad out is toned down a lot, still an odd inflection on 1 or 2 words, but nothing like the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Heard one today about road rage. Started off with a bloke ranting away about people hogging the work toaster.

I laughed a lot, as I complain about the toaster being hogged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Right Price Tiles, awful ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭plodder

The Electric Oyrlund guy is back.

Synergy, Synergy.....and the sound of a record stuck in a groove. Ad is for Grant Thornton. A strong candidate for the most annoying Ad ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ze German man talking about ze German power washer, ja? Ze accent is so over-ze-top it must come wit ze free liederhosen ja?

Ze German man talking about ze German power washer, ja? Ze accent is so over-ze-top it must come wit ze free liederhosen ja?

I vill haff you shot for ziz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

"I take your point. Or, rather, points!"

**** off you pedantic prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What about the one with two lads talking about parts for a van, or van repair etc. and they are both clearly putting on northside Dub accents. They both end up sounding like a bad Conor McGregor impression. It's absolutely cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

NufcNavan wrote: »
    What about the one with two lads talking about parts for a van, or van repair etc. and they are both clearly putting on northside Dub accents. They both end up sounding like a bad Conor McGregor impression. It's absolutely cringe.

I think I know that one, or similar,
    "she asked me to put on a harness"
    "for wha?!"

There was a newer one for tires, "me Da knows all the best places, best chipper, best pub, best place to get tyres" and a lad comes on who sounds the same age as the first guy and pretends to sound old like he was his father.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I didn't think Skoda could do an ad with a more annoying collection of VOs than the father and son from Drogheda hi with the added West Brit D4-head (his name escapes me at the moment but he souned like Jazz Alley's Donald Helme) from a few years ago but lo and behold they're done it with their new ad with a montage of exaggerated accents from I assume North, South, East and West.

It reminded me of this it was so bad:

To be fair though, I'm guessing Tom Cruise was out of their budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd say it was the same guy doing the 4 accents too, which kind of defeats the purpose. :)

Really annoying though, you're right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement