Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast Feeding In Public.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

A breastless upbringing? 'Fastfood places like Nationwide' you're really observant!!

Never mentioned a breastless upbringing and that is totally irrelevant with the Subject being discussed. Why yes i am observant thank you and i didnt say 'Fastfood places like Nationwide'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Steyr wrote: »
    Never mentioned a breastless upbringing and that is totally irrelevant with the Subject being discussed. Why yes i am observant thank you and i didnt say 'Fastfood places like Nationwide'.

Perfectly relevant - you're upset because Mothers are breastfeeding in public. A completely natural thing to do and your implied criticism is out of order. If you enjoyed your Mammy's milk you might think differently. Meanwhile check again what you posted, Mon Pink Panther.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The thread title "Breast Feeding in Public" has me a bit confused.

Are we talking about

a) Breastfeeding, as in nourishing a baby with draught mother's milk?

or

b) Breast feeding, somehow trying to get a tit to eat a burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation

In any case, I think the real question here should be "how many people who don't have a problem with breastfeeding in public have a problem with peeing in the shower?"

:eek: I stand corrected. Thank you.:)

Stekelly wrote: »
    I n fairness, it's hard for a 25 year old woman to pass off her , lets say 27 year old, boyfriend as her own breastfeedng child.
    Depends on how old they look really now doesn't it?;)

Besides I was just making a point, a mom breastfeeding her baby - fair enough, a mom breastfeeding her 6 year old (or older) is not IMO. Think on the adverts for "Sex and the City" they even have the line "there's a woman in there breastfeeding a child who's old enough to chew steak!". There needs to be a line drawn. Since the quality of the milk degrades over time (natures way of trying to force weening) I can't see any GOOD reason to continue to breastfeed once the child is no longer a baby and it just needs to be clarified as a legal stance.
    Anyway, I breastfed my son for a year and then stopped (if you're old enough to ask for it...)

Reasoning I can appreciate.:)
    Stekelly wrote: »
    Pick your most nutricious food (one you like obviously) now substitute it with a differently tasting alternative thats not as good for you, just because someone else thinks so.You ok with that?

Not taking sides on this aspect of the debate but will just point out that breast milk can be expressed and stored for later use in bottlefeeding.

Some people seem to think this is a relevant factor in one's oppinion, not sure I agree with that, but I'll just state that I've been told that when I was born I was breastfed, my mum had to give it up though as apparently I was a bit of a biter...:o (sorry mum!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This thread went tits up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Hagar wrote: »
    The thread title "Breast Feeding in Public" has me a bit confused.

Are we talking about

a) Breastfeeding, as in nourishing a baby with draught mother's milk?

or

b) Breast feeding, somehow trying to get a tit to eat a burger?

You can do much better than that, or were you just acting the tit ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

Oooooooooh funny story! And by funny of course I mean emotionally scaring.

My Russian Professor recently had a child and breastfeeds her. I arrive at her office for a meeting and hear this whirring sound behind the door. When I knock I hear frantic scurrying and "jest a meenit!" When she opens the door her breast pump is sitting on her desk and a bottle half-full of milk. Sometimes I still wake up screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Rhiannon14 wrote: »
    Oooooooooh funny story! And by funny of course I mean emotionally scaring.

My Russian Professor recently had a child and breastfeeds her. I arrive at her office for a meeting and hear this whirring sound behind the door. When I knock I hear frantic scurrying and "jest a meenit!" When she opens the door her breast pump is sitting on her desk and a bottle half-full of milk. Sometimes I still wake up screaming.

And why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

You guys are really milking this thread for all it's worth.

(Apologies, but it is Friday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Poor by your standards Earthhorse. You're normally such a sharp young man...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8325/ankapaulxi5.jpg

To stop those breastfeeders, 1, 2, 3
    Here's a fresh now way that's trouble-free
    It's got Paul Anka's guarantee!
    (Guarantee void in Tennessee)

Just don't look!
    Just don't look!

... seriously, what's stopping you from averting your gaze? Do you normally continue to stare at things that disgust you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Gauge wrote: »
    Do you normally continue to stare at things that disgust you?

Always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

breastfeeding is cool, that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Dudess wrote: »
    Poor by your standards Earthhorse. You're normally such a sharp young man...

Sorry. Got carried away with myself. I was so close to hitting the back button and all. It won't happen again, I swear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Lunula

The-Rigger wrote: »
    No, it's not ok, it's great. ;)

Not if she was attractive.

Hot chicks should be permitted to breastfeed in public. I would be willing to be part of the 'Breastfeeding Inspectors' to ensure that only attractive women
    were breastfeeding in public, and issuing tickets/on the spot fines to unattractive offenders.

That is more shallow than a puddle in the Sahara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah he's only messing - even I can see that and I'm regularly accused of being overly "PC". :)
    After Hours gets like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Steyr wrote: »
    So i was in Dublin last weekend gone and was with 2 mates coming out of Easons and in front of me passed a woman breast feeding her child as she walked out in public, was it wrong of me to be totally disgusted by this? Like come on isnt this why they invented baby bottles with the teet shaped like a nipple?? For Example i believe there is a time and a place for everything and this is not the first time, ive seen it happen in fast food places Nationwide and other places and people have just moved away from the person breast feeding as it put them off their food.

What is your view on this? Do you agree or not that there is a time and a place for this?

:rolleyes: You really know how to open a can of worms!
    Dave i've seen you eat in public and frankly you turned me off my food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Hi, I'm back. I didn't mean to be offensive with my earlier post.
    True, I do have a boob fetish but I do believe women should use their breasts for what they were made for when they are given the opportunity. Breast feeding is healthier for a baby, no messing around with containers that may be contaminated with chemicals and/or bacteria, milk is always fresh and at the right temperature and the breast regulates the milk supply according to the babies needs, not to mention all those immunities that are passed on from the mother.
    On the issue of guys getting uncomfortable, for me its usualy an issue of hiding an errection/ not wanting to make the girl uncomfortable that some sort of pervert is watching her.

Advertisement