Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast Feeding In Public.

Options
  • 18-10-2007 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

So i was in Dublin last weekend gone and was with 2 mates coming out of Easons and in front of me passed a woman breast feeding her child as she walked out in public, was it wrong of me to be totally disgusted by this? Like come on isnt this why they invented baby bottles with the teet shaped like a nipple?? For Example i believe there is a time and a place for everything and this is not the first time, ive seen it happen in fast food places Nationwide and other places and people have just moved away from the person breast feeding as it put them off their food.

What is your view on this? Do you agree or not that there is a time and a place for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But a nice pair of 18-year-old tits on page 3 is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Seems like a pretty natural and ordinary thing to do.

You possibly have some deep rooted breast related issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

So... let me see then you're disgusted by breastfeeding... right. I just can't seem to focus on one particular way to insult you. I really hope other people aren’t so ridiculous. See I was nice in the end (but inside I think you’re a complete sack).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh no, nipples

aaaaaaaaaaah

my fragile worldview is falling apart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

You possibly have some deep rooted breast related issues...

You are on to something there. Totally natural to breastfeed, would you prefer women to be flat and hairy chested ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

the question is OP, if she was just walking along with her tits out and she didn't have a kid hanging off them, would you still be disgusted?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dudess wrote:
    But a nice pair of 18-year-old tits on page 3 is ok?

No, it's not ok, it's great. ;)
    Senna wrote: »
    the question is OP, if she was just walking along with her tits out and she didn't have a kid hanging off them, would you still be disgusted?

Not if she was attractive.

Hot chicks should be permitted to breastfeed in public. I would be willing to be part of the 'Breastfeeding Inspectors' to ensure that only attractive women
    were breastfeeding in public, and issuing tickets/on the spot fines to unattractive offenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

The-Rigger wrote: »
    No, it's not ok, it's great. ;)

Not if she was attractive.

Hot chicks should be permitted to breastfeed in public. I would be willing to be part of the 'Breastfeeding Police' to ensure that only attractive women
    were breastfeeding in public.

Well said. Ooh i think i have hit a nerve with certain females here....:rolleyes: There is a time and a place for everything.

No matter how hot the woman is, if her nipple has a baby's mouth around it and her breasts aren't at their perkiest (which is generally the case after pregnancy) it will disgust some people - females included.
    Many would argue that since breastfeeding is perfectly natural, why should it only be done in private? And if the baby needs a feed, the baby needs a feed. Why should the mother have to go to the trouble of finding a private spot in this situation? Plus, breast milk is found to be better for the baby than formula, so a mother has every right to choose breast-feeding over bottle-feeding. Sure, she can express milk into a bottle, but what if she runs out?

Dudess wrote: »
    No matter how hot the woman is, if her nipple has a baby's mouth around it and her breasts aren't at their perkiest (which is generally the case after pregnancy) it will disgust some people - females included.

what is this obsession with having babies anyhow? It's not natural.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Steyr wrote: »
    So i was in Dublin last weekend ...
    Stay out of Dublin then. We don't want any more narrow-minded rednecks here. Y'all have a nice day now! And leave those sheep alone - now that's disgusting. :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

what is this obsession with having babies anyhow? It's not natural.

are you on any other forums under the name dagnut no?

baraca wrote: »
    are you on any other forums under the name dagnut no?

I am not. :)

breastfeeding is perfectly natural, why should it only be done in private? And if the baby needs a feed, the baby needs a feed. Why should the mother have to go to the trouble of finding a private spot in this situation?

its natural to take a dump, but i dont do it in the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Grow the hell up.

Try it, it's liberating.

True, but faecal matter on the street is littering, which is something that breast-feeding doesn't lead to - unless she gives her nipple a wipe afterwards and drops the tissue/wipe on the ground.

I am not. :)

ok. just curious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Maybe if you bought real books instead of the tripe they sell in Easons you would have a more open mind.

I recommend Waterstones, but I did see someone pick their nose there once so it might not be to your liking.

orestes wrote: »
    Maybe if you bought real books instead of the tripe they sell in Easons you would have a more open mind.

I recommend Waterstones, but I did see someone pick their nose there once so it might not be to your liking.

What on earth are you blathering about?

Easons don't have any books of merit? Easons and Waterstones do not crossover and sell any of the same books?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

orestes wrote: »

o.0

Baraca wrote:
    ok. just curious :)

....How come? :p
    True, but faecal matter on the street is littering, which is something that breast-feeding doesn't lead to - unless she gives her nipple a wipe afterwards and drops the tissue/wipe on the ground.

Actually I've heard that it's legal to sh1t in public because in the eyes of the law it is something you don't have control over, and if a policeman stumbles upon you, he is required to give you his hat (to sh1t in).

Now while it sounds highly implausible to me too, but the person who told me was insistent that this law (albeit, old law) exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

....How come? :p

Actually I've heard that it's legal to sh1t in public because in the eyes of the law it is something you don't have control over, and if a policeman stumbles upon you, he is required to give you his hat (to sh1t in).

Now it sounds highly implausible to me too, but the person who told me was insistent that this law (albeit, old law) exists.

That old law exists in England, it has never existed here.

Op breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world. How can you possibly find it offensive?
    Do you eat in public?

....How come?

A guy on another forum i use has pretty much the same sense of humour as you, And your sig pic is his avatar. So i said id put 2 and 2 together. Then again i was never any good at maths.

baraca wrote: »
    A guy on another forum i use has pretty much the same sense of humour as you, And your sig pic is his avatar. So i said id put 2 and 2 together. Then again i was never any good at maths.

Not a bad theory though. :) He sounds like a humorous young man.
    HAPPYGIRL wrote: »

Even better, I can't wait till I am in England next so I can take an unmerciful dump outside Buckingham Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Actually I've heard that it's legal to sh1t in public because in the eyes of the law it is something you don't have control over,

Eh... you do realise that it's entirely possible to choose when you go for a sh*t?

The OP probably wasn't breast fed as a child, but others don't appear to have been toilet trained.

Eh... you do realise that it's entirely possible to choose when you go for a sh*t?

The OP probably wasn't breast fed as a child, but others don't appear to have been toilet trained.

Yes I do as I said.........
    The-Rigger wrote:
    because in the eyes of the law it is something you don't have control over

I love quoting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

So ..hang on, as women ..If you have a child you're encouraged, put under pressure even to breastfeed.
    Sometimes you're even looked down on if you don't, and you have A PROBLEM with seeing it in public?

You seriously have little to worry about op.

HAPPYGIRL wrote: »

think that law is about pregnant women, a police officer has to give them there hat to pee in, and that law is still official in England.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It isnt' entirly possible to choose when to breast feed, either the child cries as it is hungry which will trigger the let down response in the breasts which will start leaking or the breast get over full and sore and start leaking anyway.

Advertisement