Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Ladies, I have raspberry leaf teabags, clary sage oil and rose oil all of which I
    bought for labour/prelabour and didn't use. If any of you would like them pm me with your name and address and I'll pop them in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Ladies, I have raspberry leaf teabags, clary sage oil and rose oil all of which I
    bought for labour/prelabour and didn't use. If any of you would like them pm me with your name and address and I'll pop them in the post.

They're all on my (ever-lengthening!) list. Will PM you if you haven't found a taker already!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Virgo2011

Hi Ladies, when packing for hospital (coombe) should i pack wash accessories for baby i.e sponge, towel and cotton wool?

The amount of things you have to pack for the hospital haha - its like going away on a holiday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah Virgo, cotton wool is a must, you don't need a sponge, but a towel is also needed.

They do a bathing demonstration most days in the nurses station.

NextSteps, I've only been reading posts during early morning feeds so this is my first time to reply. I'll post them to you later this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Congrats to the new mammies.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Only 8 weeks left - starting buying things for bag and for baby on Sat last - EXPENSIVE business!!! Am getting into it now though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I was in the pharmacy yesterday getting bits and bobs and decided I would pick up a bottle of baby calpol. I have visions of needing it at 4am and nowhere being open. Pharmacist asked me how old the baby was (I guess checking it's old enough for calpol) and I was too embarrassed to say minus-3 months :o

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

I was in the pharmacy yesterday getting bits and bobs and decided I would pick up a bottle of baby calpol. I have visions of needing it at 4am and nowhere being open. Pharmacist asked me how old the baby was (I guess checking it's old enough for calpol) and I was too embarrassed to say minus-3 months :o

Hee hee - That's so funny!!!:) Good thinking though!! Fair play

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lol- I needed a laugh......
    Fair play though- thats what I call forward planning.

I'd also suggest getting a bottle of the baby neurofen- it comes with a calibrated syringe so its a doddle to measure how much you're giving baby, and the syringe is so much easier to use than a spoon.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

3 weeks! :) / :eek: / :) / :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

tbh wrote: »
    Baby Shane was born at 37 weeks...only 22/23 weeks now myself. Had a check up on my eyes (being diabetic they can get worse during pregnancy).

The past two weeks have been very tough - my husband was in hospital recently and I had to rely on a sister in law who thought nothing of helping me with my son (was changing his nappy) when my blood sugar was 2 and expected that when I started to slur my speach that some suggary drink would make me OK in a few minutes. The scary thing is that she is a doctor...

Having chronic fatige (always suffer from that), nausea, vomiting etc with this one. She has a big scan tomorrow - will be glad when that is over. Baby Shane is wonderful fun though and when I am having a bad time I hug him and it all makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

tbh wrote: »
    this week !:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::P:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I had to rely on a sister in law who thought nothing of helping me with my son (was changing his nappy) when my blood sugar was 2 and expected that when I started to slur my speach that some suggary drink would make me OK in a few minutes. The scary thing is that she is a doctor...

Not trying to sound like an Americanised teenager but Oh... My... God... :(
    Is she a doctor in the same way that that "You are what you eat" doctor was a "doctor"?! :mad:

liliq wrote: »
    Not trying to sound like an Americanised teenager but Oh... My... God... :(
    Is she a doctor in the same way that that "You are what you eat" doctor was a "doctor"?! :mad:
    No, she is a fully qualified surgeon...scary.

Big scan this afternoon - they should give us some photos. Was bold and got a maternity dress in the very end of the sales in Benneton earlier.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I checked the 24 hour garage beside our house to make sure they stocked it:)

Oh dear... that it scary!

Enjoy your scan! Hope the baby is in a posing mood and you get lovely pictures! :D

Hehe- can't wait til I can start buying maternity and baby things! (my poor boyfriend pales every time I say that...!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

CathyMoran wrote: »
    No, she is a fully qualified surgeon...scary.

Big scan this afternoon - they should give us some photos. Was bold and got a maternity dress in the very end of the sales in Benneton earlier.

Let us know how it goes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

NextSteps, I've only been reading posts during early morning feeds so this is my first time to reply. I'll post them to you later this week.

They arrived in the post today - perfect timing as I'm 37 weeks and horsing into the tea! Thank you.

NextSteps glad to hear they arrived. I went to ground for a couple of weeks so yesterday was one of my first days out and about.

• Advertisement

She is 470g according to the machine and she looks different to her brother - my instinct was to talk to her (I do anyway)...the scan was fine so that is a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Is that a good weight then? Heading for my scan Monday

Winnie wrote: »
    Is that a good weight then? Heading for my scan Monday
    I do not know, was just told that the scan went well - that is the main thing. Good luck on Monday!

Ah well thats the main thing that it went well for you..........Bit worried about MOnday now as for some reason today my bump seems smaller than before?? And no movement yet today.......trying not to get too worried or paranoid!

Congrats on the scan Cathy Moran. Also hope things are less stressful for you at home now and your husband is recovering. You've certainly had a tough couple of weeks.

Big scan this evening and I cant wait! Just hope that baby is doing well. Do I need to tell the midwife first that we dont want to know the sex of the baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

We were asked at the start if we wanted to know. Might be no harm to say that you dont want to know if they dont ask!
    Best of luck with the scan!

Got a 12 week scan done privately on Saturday evening... it was amazing!
    We could see so much- the baby was moving loads- arms and legs all over the place! and rolling around! I couldn't believe how clearly I could see the little feet!!! (have a feeling that they might end up being big feet!!!)

Am still on a high after it! well, on a high from that and my lunatic boyfriend (now fiancee!) proposing hours before we went for the scan!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

liliq wrote: »
    Got a 12 week scan done privately on Saturday evening... it was amazing!
    We could see so much- the baby was moving loads- arms and legs all over the place! and rolling around! I couldn't believe how clearly I could see the little feet!!! (have a feeling that they might end up being big feet!!!)

Am still on a high after it! well, on a high from that and my lunatic boyfriend (now fiancee!) proposing hours before we went for the scan!!

Double Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Does anyone know how accurate the weights they give you from the scan are?
    Had a scan yesterday and 1 baby was 1.669 kg and the other was 1.639. Am 30 weeks pregnant.
    Thought they seemed very big?

Advertisement