Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I am also hoping I have a sticky bean. Still feeling very low tday but not teary. Went hopping for a new bits of clothes ( not maternity) as stuff was getting a little tight around my belly, no bump but looking a little fat and my face seems puffy.

Met my brother and his OH for lunch and he told me I was etting a bit porky, could have happily killed him.

Has anyone elce has this low mood?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Been lurking a while so might as well say hello! I'm 13 weeks gone on no. 3, my other 2 are 9 and 4. We have told family for now, and all were mildly surprised, but none more so than myself and my husband! We are of course delighted and The kids are thrilled too :-)

Looking forward to chatting with you all, and best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I am also hoping I have a sticky bean. Still feeling very low tday but not teary. Went hopping for a new bits of clothes ( not maternity) as stuff was getting a little tight around my belly, no bump but looking a little fat and my face seems puffy.

Met my brother and his OH for lunch and he told me I was etting a bit porky, could have happily killed him.

Has anyone elce has this low mood?

Not so far on the pregnancy, prob cos I'm only just pregnant, but while pregnant with my son, from about week 10 to week 14, I seemed to cry at everything. I was incredibly sensitive, sad, low and hormonal. It was horrible. I remember feeling like nobody understood how I was feeling. Yes, ''the hormones'' did play a huge part in it but it was still frustrating when people had a ''its just your hormones'' attitude.

I don't know if I'm making any sense:o Huge hugs to you Caroline and please feel free to PM me anytime xx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Final trimester started today - this week I also go back to work, am due to have another niece/nephew and will be celebrating several birthdays including my own...what a year. Our son has made such a huge change to our lives, he is our little giggle monster and I love being his mummy.

Still stuffed from a curry earlier - I actually look pregnant this time, now to get my darling daughter to kick me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Good luck with everything CathyMoran and new joiners:)

In my final week, in theory due on Thursday, hopefully baby won't want to hang around for too long, has to appear on or before 6th April or we can't have our homebirth.

This really has been a dream pregnancy, hope that things go smoothly for the rest of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

What were yer first symptoms like from when Ye missed yer period or were there any. So confused four days late but afraid to test dont want to see that negative

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

I didnt have any symptoms besides being late!
    Got a couple of headaches a few weeks later!
    Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

talkin wrote: »
    What were yer first symptoms like from when Ye missed yer period or were there any. So confused four days late but afraid to test dont want to see that negative

In the last 6 months, I had 'symptoms' when my period was due at the end of each of the first 5 months when I was trying hard and calendar-watching. Each time I had negatives. This month I wasn't paying attention at all, didn't notice a single symptom, didn't even notice I had missed my period until 7 days later, and guess what!? +++

As soon as I did the test my boobs seemed to get sore! The past two days I've been a bit queasy too, although I've been ill on an off with various flus and bugs since Feb so it could just be that. I had NO symptoms at all last time I was pregnant.

Do the test talkin, you may get to celebrate. If not, at least you'll be out of your misery and will get to focus on next month. Fingers crossed for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Week 27, 2nd pregnancy and not one stretch mark.
    Im not sure if i should be thanking bio-oil or my lovely mummy for my wonderful genes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

34 weeks today and first stretchmark appeared last night :(

• Advertisement

I still have stretchmarks from last time out. Horrible horrible things. I think I look a bit like an accordion. Bio oil made no difference. Damn foldy-skin genes :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I am 26 weeks and have just began to notice my belly getting quite a bit of hair!! Just soft white downy hairs thankfully not big black thick ones or anything.........did anyone else get a hairy belly?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Winnie wrote: »
    I am 26 weeks and have just began to notice my belly getting quite a bit of hair!! Just soft white downy hairs thankfully not big black thick ones or anything.........did anyone else get a hairy belly?

I was like an orangutan, it all falls out after the birth along with some on your head :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Winnie wrote: »

The joys of pregnancy! You can get that -- not just on your tummy but ALL over your body, even your face. Its just the endocrine system acting nuts.

Just remember -- do not wax it, shave it, or otherwise try to get rid of it. It will become terminal and itll stay with you after pregnancy. Just leave it be and it will fall out once the lil one is here! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

long time lurker, first time poster (active under a different name, too, but too many people know me, and we haven't told anyone yet, hence the incognito - hope you'll understand ;-)

5 weeks pregnant and just had my first day of morning sickness (just feeling very very queasy, about to throw up). Not happy ;-( any remedies you guys swear by?

Smells set me off, someone here in the office decided to go out drinking last night and the smell of beer, stale pub and fags is killing me....

Other than that, happy out so far, expected due date 24th of November, and can't wait!

Hope you are all doing well!

They say ginger helps - ginger tea, ginger biscuits etc. I know what you mean about the smells. I keep an orange with me at all times. If something triggers me off, I break the skin and inhale. Weird, but it works!

Cheers, I'll try the ginger as soon as I get out of here. hey say that morning sickness is a good sign - but that's not how I feel at the mo...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm due around the same time as you Naineen....and I'm feeling so ill today too. Just had a glass of ginger ale, it's really helping:) Apparently you shouldn't let your stomach get empty as it can make the sickness worse, so try to eat little and often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

10 weeks and had a early scan yesterday and all seems ok. We have had a death in the family and it has taken my mind of being so stressed over the baby.

As funeral is in the uk next week, wondering about flying. Have not and will not tell family and dont want to put baby at risk. I forgot to as the consultant on monday, (which was my first time This time seeing him) He said to keep positive. All fine so far but feel like a pin cushion!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Flying is fine, just keep hydrated and walk around a bit during the flight if you can :)

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm due around the same time as you Naineen....and I'm feeling so ill today too. Just had a glass of ginger ale, it's really helping:) Apparently you shouldn't let your stomach get empty as it can make the sickness worse, so try to eat little and often.

I saw ya in the TTC thread ;-) We're due November 24th all going well - so exciting!

Feeling better this morning, and got some ginger and lemon tea, which made a difference alright - this sickness thing is a little random though - and I could have killed my husband last night, who insisted on cooking smoked fish for dinner. Had me retching all evening from the smell...

Starting to find it difficult to hide all these symptoms at work though ;-(

Hi ladies. I've been reading this thread throughout my pregnancy and it's been great to see that others are in the same boat - same ups and downs etc. I don't know any other pregnant women so I've really appreciated have a 'pregnancy world' to escape to.

Just wondering - did any of you who already have kids find that you got anxious as delivery approached? I'm due tomorrow and I woke up today feeling grumpy and on edge. Not about anything in particular just general, all-round anxiety. I'm usually pretty laid back - all the way along people have been telling me 'you seem so relaxed' - so I'm not used to this! Hoping (and worrying!) that maybe this means baby is on the way soon??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Cuddle I got very anxious once I was 35 weeks. Luckily we need our ante natal course late as it was postponed because of the snow so that actually calmed me alot. Otherwise I used to talk to my baby and try to imagine what he or she would look like. Concentrate on the idea that you'll meet your baby soon. Anxiety and nervousness is completely normal; you're about to go through the biggest change of your life but it's also an amazing change. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Update: 33 weeks and the baby is only 3lbs (should be 4.5) and is also currently in a breeched position. Move baby!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

www.spinningbabies.com was recommended to me for exercises to turn breech babies. Thankfully my little lad turned by himself.

I'm still pregnant. Was hoping baby would be punctual and I'd be a mommy by now (yesterday was the first day of week 41).

Baby was OP on Thursday so trying every suggestion I can find to get him/her to turn around.

Trying to be patient...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I unfortunately had a miscarraige this week. Just one of those things I guess so am being philosophical - so far anyway! I kind of knew something was wrong so I wasn't surprised by the outcome.

I hope you all have happy healthy pregnancies and hope to be back again before too long.:)

Really sorry to hear that Grawns. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry to hear that Grawns *hugs* x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Really sorry to hear that Grawns.

Advertisement