Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Can I come in please?????!!!!!!!:D
    Is this what I hope it is? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Is this what I hope it is? :D

Yes, 8 weeks and came as one hell of a shock as I had gone back on the pill as we had decided not to try again as I just could not take another loss. Worried sick but hoping all will be ok this time. Feel fine, not tired, sick or anything so it just dose not feel real, just the stree that feels real!!!!

Yes, 8 weeks and came as one hell of a shock as I had gone back on the pill as we had decided not to try again as I just could not take another loss. Worried sick but hoping all will be ok this time. Feel fine, not tired, sick or anything so it just dose not feel real, just the stree that feels real!!!!
    I am over the moon for you, totally thrilled - hope that all goes well for you. Huge hugs and congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Baby Dara arrived at 3pm today, seven lbs two oz, mammy and son totally chilled, daddy completely overwhelmed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

brill news, tbh. congrats, and welcome to the little one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

tbh wrote: »
    Baby Dara arrived at 3pm today, seven lbs two oz, mammy and son totally chilled, daddy completely overwhelmed :D

Congrats!! Delighted for you both, welcome Baby Dara!

Congrats tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Big congrats tbh.......welcome to the world Dara!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

tbh wrote: »

Chilled babies are cool! (if you'll excuse the pun!)
    Congrats tbh- welcome to the fatherclub!

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh My God!

Congratulations!

:D

And also to the bheses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Congrats tbh Dara is a lovely name!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

just got the appointment for my first scan . . . april fools day . . .:eek::pac: funny people .. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Haha Had my first scan 3 yrs ago for my daughter on Aprils Fools day. Scan showed 2 sacs :eek: when I showed hubby later it took about 2-3 days before he believed me that it was not a joke!
    Good luck and enjoy.

9 weeks and totally stressed out. Just worried oiut of my mind all day every day. Hoping for the best. Everytime I go to the loo I panic in case.... We have a scan in 2 weeks so hopefully that will put my mind at rest somewhat. Really wish I could by pass the next couple of months.

9 weeks and totally stressed out. Just worried oiut of my mind all day every day. Hoping for the best. Everytime I go to the loo I panic in case.... We have a scan in 2 weeks so hopefully that will put my mind at rest somewhat. Really wish I could by pass the next couple of months.
    I still feel the same a lot of the time and I am further along than you - all that I can do is wish you all the best. There are some great times ahead though, when your baby kicks is one of them. Hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Totally agree with Cathy here, even though the first trimester is a seriously worrying time, once you get past it, you still worry, just new worries!! But try not to get too stressed, not good for anyone in the long run. And also I agree with the kicking part, defo the best part of being pregnant, so you have that to look forward to.......good luck and congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Hi to all. Hope everyone doing good!!! A huge congratulations to all the mammies and daddies that have had their babies since i wa on last. It was wonderful reading up on it all. We have 3 weeks left and i can't wait (apart from the labour part haha) It's been a long road but thankfully the end is in sight and everything is falling into place. I hope we are as lucky as the rest of the new mammies and daddies on here. You all sound so so so happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi all,

can't believe I am posting on the pregnancy forum! I have been lurking here for months but today - Paddys day :) I got two positives - one on a cheapie test and the other on a clearblue digital, so I guess there is no doubt about it! Hit full panic mode at first but am calming down now and looking forward to it. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope to be a bit more involved on this forum now :)
    By the way, is there a thread here about what to do after a positive test? I guess the first step is ring my doctor but after that, I am clueless !

I am just wondering if any of you ladies or gents can give me advice. I know I am totally stressed out and worried but the last 2 day I am feeling very down and just want to cry all the time. Its a really Ba humbug feeling.

I am heading for 10 wwks and have no sickness, tiredness but got hit with this awful feeling of misery/sadness yesterday. Really hope it passes and wondering do any of you have any advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Me again...I know I should be in the father's thread but this will mean more to you guys...we're at 32 weeks now but mammy felt some period type pains and I write to you now at her bedside in hospital... She's on a monitor with her contractions levels (toco) hitting 70. They want to keep her in but she wants to go home. We may have to let the cervix decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Good luck abouttobebanned, mammy should stay in hospital, best place for her and baby at the moment. Have they given steroid injection yet??

Thinking of you, let us know how things go

And keep posting away in pregnancy thread, it doesn't matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Could not feel my daughter kicking as much, luckily I was told by the doc that the placenta is at the front so it is not as easy for me to feel her moving. Son being in creche (gradually) has its advantages - had a 2 hour sleep in Thursday...am totally exausted at this stage but as long as she is well.

Cathy I was the same with Elisha. Its very hard to feel kicks when placenta is at the front. I cant believe how active Elisha was when she was born as most of the time i would spend whole day trying to count kicks

January wrote: »
    Good luck abouttobebanned, mammy should stay in hospital, best place for her and baby at the moment. Have they given steroid injection yet??

Thinking of you, let us know how things go

And keep posting away in pregnancy thread, it doesn't matter :)

Yep...just got one injection there and another to come in the morning.

Kidney infection thrown into the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I'm joining the thread peeps! Got a positive last night and two more this morning, am sooo thrilled! Figure I'm due the very end of November (and fingers crossed it'll be a sticky bean) but if this one is anything like the last, it'll be closer to Christmas!

Hope al the mums-to-be are feeling well and all the dads-to-be are coping!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Can I come in too please?:D

Hope you and your OH are doing ok abouttobebanned x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats Cat Melodeon and Lucyfur

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm joining the thread peeps! Got a positive last night and two more this morning, am sooo thrilled! Figure I'm due the very end of November (and fingers crossed it'll be a sticky bean) but if this one is anything like the last, it'll be closer to Christmas!

Hope al the mums-to-be are feeling well and all the dads-to-be are coping!

Ah no I feel so left out... but it took me 5 yrs to get pregnant the 1st time so can't complain...

Congrats..... what's a sticky bean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Ah no I feel so left out... but it took me 5 yrs to get pregnant the 1st time so can't complain...

Congrats..... what's a sticky bean?

Sorry wmpdd3, hope you get to go again soon. I feel quite lucky, we've been trying haphazardly for over a year and in earnest for nearly 6 months. Got pregnant fairly easily first time round, was really beginning to think something was up.

A sticky bean is a pregnancy that makes it all the way to being a baby...

Advertisement