Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats cbyrd!!! 4 it is so! Maybe another boy to even it out!!!

Wrap the test up and give it to him on Valentines day (scare the bloody crap out of him!!)

August baby?? Or September?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Congrats!!
    4 to me sounds like the perfect # but lets see if number 2 ever makes an appearance 1st;)

Still here,full moon didn't help.
    The feeling of pressure is awful but I got a lovely lie in today so not completely wrecked:)

Will you hurry up and have that baby, I'm beginning to assume it's a boy because he's too comfortable in there!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If it is a girl I will be shocked!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

But if it is another girl you have all the clothes already - the little one will arrive when they want to!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

shocked I am but she is gorgeous:-)
    Caoimhe arrived this morning after a super fast labour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you. Dearbhail will love her little sister! Well done you!

Shane

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations! Wonderful news!

Said it on Facebook, but congratulations again.

Little Caoimhe is gorgeous, Dearbhail will be a very proud big sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats Moonbeam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations Moonbeam, hopw your all doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Congrats Moonbeam!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Big congrats Moonbeam!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

wow congrats moonbeam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

congrats moonbeam!!!! hope you are both doing well *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Well done moonbeam and congratulations :D

Did you tell your husband you :o haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I did.. and after the shock wore off he's thrilled...now he's looking at 6 and 7 seater cars!! :D so i'm off to the docs on tuesday but it looks like a september baby or knowing my luck with holding onto babies it'll be october :D all good so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Congrats Moonbeam!! xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My little son, Oisin, arrived this morning. He weighed just over 7lbs. He's just so beautiful and perfect. I can't stop looking at him and I well up with tears just looking at him. We are just so happy to have him here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

How_Strange - congrats to you, boys are brilliant fun, I still look at my son all the time and he was born last April. You are going to have so much fun!

• Advertisement

My little son, Oisin, arrived this morning. He weighed just over 7lbs. He's just so beautiful and perfect. I can't stop looking at him and I well up with tears just looking at him. We are just so happy to have him here.

Congrats:)

If you have anything I can help with let me know,my baby being a whole 2 days older makes me an expert;)hahahahaha

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes:)

Dearbhail has accepted that Caoimhe is her little sister like George pig is Peppas little brother and that babies sleep and cry;)
    Both girls are being wonderful:)

Hi Moonbeam- I'm thrilled that Dearbhail has accepted her little sister so readily- we might ask you for some tips when the time comes for us- I'm quite worried about how Shane is going to react to his little sister.

Best wishes to all the new Mommies!

Shane

smccarrick wrote: »
    Hi Moonbeam- I'm thrilled that Dearbhail has accepted her little sister so readily- we might ask you for some tips when the time comes for us- I'm quite worried about how Shane is going to react to his little sister.

Best wishes to all the new Mommies!

Shane

Addie took to Saoirse straight away! Even though she was so young... one tip I do have for you is if Aoife is in hospital for a while after the birth then when you come home, she should for Shane first and spend a little bit of time alone with him before you introduce baby, if you can...

I was in hospital for 5 days and when I got home (she was staying in my mums) I just scooped her up on my lap and we chatted (well I chatted, she babbled!) about how much I missed her and how she was such a big girl etc and then introduced her sister. Big kiss on her forehead and off she went to play again!

ETA: Congrats How Strange!! Lovely name :) knew I seen you posting about your partners experience in the birth ward with you and was like "did I miss an announcement or something!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Congrats How Strange! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

congrats how strange *hugs* hope ye are doing well!

im jealous i want my babs now:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Congrats Howstrange & Moonbeam! Hope littleones are doing well!

Are people washing all of baby's clothes/bedding etc before using?
    Asked a couple of friends who are new mammy's and both did some but not all but had different reasons for washing what they did!

Are people washing all of baby's clothes/bedding etc before using?
    Asked a couple of friends who are new mammy's and both did some but not all but had different reasons for washing what they did!

Any clothes made from artificial fibre thats dyed, get washed. Cotton (or wool)- not necessary in my opinion. Its worked out well for us- our wee guy is 9 months old now and has never (touch wood) gotten so much as nappy rash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I don't know. We're going to use re-usable (washable) nappies and they require prewashing to ensure best absorbancy so we'll be prewashing them anyway.

Haven't bought any clothes yet, and only some bedding. We've still got about 8 weeks to sort all of that out :D

• Advertisement

Planning on going the reusable nappy route myself but will be using disposables for the first few weeks!

Only started buying some clothes and bedding last week. Am a few weeks behind you so (26+2 with twins) but all the books suggested starting to pack hospital bag by about 30 weeks! Was thinking of washing stuff as I was packing it

Advertisement