Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MzFit

May79 wrote: »
    That's so lovely. Congratulations. I wouldn't blame you for being wibbly-lipped! What is your date now?

I hope everyone else is keeping well. We're heaing to week 14 now. Am delighted. So far so good.

Just a smidge short of 8 weeks now. Nausea has finally kicked in, joy of joys :rolleyes: and ginger makes it worse!

Congrats on your own little lip-wibbler! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I am back - only just over 6 weeks so very early days - first scan showed that I am pregnant but no heartbeat yet, doc thinks that I got my dates wrong (I did not)...another scan in 2 weeks will see if it is viable or not - scary. Have nausea, back pain, heart burn, weight gain, tender tummy and am like myself with bad pms but do not feel pregnant. My last pregnancy knocked me out totally but I feel relatively fine at the moment - just hoping that this baby will be OK. This baby was planned and wanted, just did not expect to get pregnant straight away. It is a huge worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Legs, fingers, toes, hands and eyes (although that's a medical condition) crossed for you and Shane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

CathyMoran wrote: »
    It is a huge worry.

Stop your worrying ;)

Really hope that you and baby will be fine.

A mix of good and bad. I did another digital test and it has gone up by a week, it is still a week behind what we expected but then again I did not get a fully positive test until 5 weeks. The bad - platelets are higher than normal like in the last pregnancy with my son - just worried as I looked up the net.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

A mix of good and bad. I did another digital test and it has gone up by a week.

Sounds like cause for celebration to me :D that is very promising, delighted for you X

xzanti wrote: »
    Sounds like cause for celebration to me :D that is very promising, delighted for you X
    Yes, I was thrilled by that, was certain that it was going to give me bad news. How is the beautiful xzanti and bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

CathyMoran... a huge congratulations to you and Shane. i have everything crossed for you too and i hope you have the very best health through this one. ;) You are one brave lady :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congrats CathyMoran!

Yes, I was thrilled by that, was certain that it was going to give me bad news. How is the beautiful xzanti and bump?
    :D not feeling so beautiful these days but the bump sure is looking very prosperous lol.. I think I'm having a baby elephant :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys
    I'm back again, only gone about 4 weeks but doctor happy enough and we'll get a scan in three weeks to check on everything.Fingers crossed there will be a new Barbie or Ken this summer :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

big scan on Thursday - keep yizzer fingers crossed for us!

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I'm back again, only gone about 4 weeks but doctor happy enough and we'll get a scan in three weeks to check on everything.Fingers crossed there will be a new Barbie or Ken this summer :-)
    Nice seeing you over here - we can hopefully watch our babies grow up together.

tbh wrote: »
    Good luck with the scan on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Good luck!

Nice seeing you over here - we can hopefully watch our babies grow up together.

Yep, they'll both be happy and healthy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

MzFit wrote: »
    Just a smidge short of 8 weeks now. Nausea has finally kicked in, joy of joys :rolleyes: and ginger makes it worse!

Congrats on your own little lip-wibbler! :D

Thanks a million. We're 15 weeks now. I'm getting the wibbly lip thing myself now - i cried watching eastenders last week - bit mental but all good ;)
    Yes, I was thrilled by that, was certain that it was going to give me bad news.

Delighted to read about your good news Cathy - It's always great to hear nice things.

Best of tbh (and everyone else of course) We to have an important scan on Thursday. 15/16 weeks but threstening a miss and they are monitoring us every 3 - 4 weeks. So far so good though. Big baby at last scan and hoping it stays big and strong. More baby to cuddle in April :)

May79 wrote: »
    Best of tbh (and everyone else of course) We to have an important scan on Thursday. 15/16 weeks but threstening a miss and they are monitoring us every 3 - 4 weeks. So far so good though. Big baby at last scan and hoping it stays big and strong. More baby to cuddle in April :)
    I hope that it all goes well for you - hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Hi guys

WOO HOO, Well done Barbirgirl. Dreaming of joining you

WOO HOO, Well done Barbirgirl. Dreaming of joining you
    I really hope that you get your dream.

• Advertisement

I really hope that you get your dream.

Me too fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Only 5 wks pregnant now and going to Doc's tomorrow for the first time to have it all confirmed, I dont think it will really sink in until someone else tell's me I am pregnant.....as you can probably guess, it's our first! Although, I had a very painful cramp last night followed by the stangest feeling, felt very cold and weak and wasnt sure if I was going to be sick but it passed after few minutes......no morning sickness or nausea yet....Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats, lots of new pregnancies here now!

I remember the cramping was quite sore at times; like a bad period pain. I
    think it's your uterus stretching. There's lots going on internally at the early stages so feeling generally out of sorts and crampy is not unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Hi Winnie, the cramping and pains are normal. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 5.5 weeks when I went to the doctor thinking there was something seriously wrong with me as my period was late and I had almost constant, sometimes very severe, cramps and no energy, symptoms of all sorts of reproductive issues, including the one I hadn't considered - pregnancy. :rolleyes:

Congratulations, and I hope all goes well for you.

Oh, and I had no 'morning sickness'. Aside from the tiredness, which passed after 11 weeks, I found the worst thing was what my sister called "Dog nose" - super heightened sense of smell is not a blessing.

Well i know it's probably still early for the morning sickness if I do get it, maybe antoher week or two for it to set in.

Winnie wrote: »
    Only 5 wks pregnant now and going to Doc's tomorrow for the first time to have it all confirmed

Best of luck :)

Just a bit of a side note.. When I went to have my pregnancy confirmed at week 5 my Doctor wasn't there, it was a female locum and she basically made me feel like I was crazy for even being there so early.. Her attitude was, if I did a home pregnancy test then and it was '+' then I was pregnant and there was no need for her waste her time doing another one on me :rolleyes: she also said not to get my hopes up until around week 12.. I had a good oul rant about her on this forum but anyway.. She also told me I would be "wasting my money" having an early dating scan, even though I had miscarried a few months earlier..

Anyway, my point is, I hope you get a nicer Doctor than her, but if you do have a similar experience, don't let it dampen your spirits :) cause I let it get me down something terrible, I really expected to be made to feel special when I went along but I ended up coming out feeling like I may aswel give up :(

Wow, what a terrible way to be made feel by the doctor!! Well I am going to see my normal doctor that I have been going to a few years now and I know him, so hopefully he will be a bit nicer plus my OH will be with me so I bet Doc wont say anything to upset me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Xzanti, what a cow! but nothing new. my old gp when i pg the first time, said congratulations, but just so you dont get upset there is nothing special in this for any of the docs, nurses etc you will meet so while it is a big deal for you it is just normal for us. So dont take the off-handedness to heart basically.
    Having said that a locum should not have questioned you coming in so early, especially given that the hospitals are so overcrowded that you need to get in as early as possible. If you turned up at the hospital for the first time at 12 wks they would tear a strip off you. AND you need a letter from doc BEFORE you can book into the hospital (although i didn't bother this time, just called and booked in for booking app and told them i forgot the letter from doc)
    I was in getting a scan at 5.5 wks on my last pg and at 7.5 wks this time - could not remember last period, so not used to having them after pg and bf.
    I hope you complained to regular gp afterwards.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What a cow,I booked the hospital @ 6 weeks last time and got a lecture about how I was leaving it so late,booked at 4 weeks this time thinking I was well ahead of the game and most of the consultants were booked out for months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm in the hospital right now with my girlfriend waiting on our first scan. Lots of waiting so the iPhone is helping me I'll the boredom!

Advertisement