Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

May79 speak to your gp about the headaches. I started getting really bad ones from 12 wks and they would last for days. The hospital were quite dismissive about them but my doc checked my back and that was the source of the headaches.

I'm not saying it's the same for you but I've been doing yoga, taking baths, doing my back stretching exercises everyday and doing weekly deep tissue massage and I rarely get headaches now.

I had a pre-existing back and neck problem which never gave me headaches before pregnancy but holy moly they were awful. Don't just assume it's normal.

Oh ok - I will def do that. I was considering the yoga but the place near me advised against it until after 14 weeks. Will go back & enquire. Thanks for that advice. I will follow it through (Any sort of masseuse do)
    I'm just glad that one is over. I was very worried!
    A million congrats abouttobebanned. It's just brilliant x.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

May79 wrote: »
    Cathy - Spinnach??? that's so funny (not chocolate or coal or something!!) Maybe due to iron difficiency?
    I am not low in iron for once :) It still has not hit me fully that I am pregnant if that makes any sense and I am still scared that it will go wrong. We wanted this baby, I still want the little thing but I am so scared for them. We never thought that we could have my son let alone be expecting again. Have to relax but will be glad if we get to the second trimester and have another baby like our son. Sorry for the rant, am so scared - sometimes I think that I am mad for wanting another child when the pregnanct with our son took so much out of me but then I see my beautiful little son...no words will ever be able to express my love for him or his daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I am the same in regards to being worried and just wanting to get to the second trimester....this is my first so it hasnt sunk in yet and no idea what to expect but still so scared that something will go wrong in first trimester, just want it all to work out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

First kick tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I am laughing here. this is my third, i am 23wks and i still have not fully accepted that i am pg - even tho i am balancing my netbook on my bump practically!
    My ds is 4 in 2 wks and my dd is 2 in 5 wks, it is scary the whole way thru each time tho, but this time is most scary because i am five yrs older then when i got pg first time and when this one arrives i will have the other 2 trying to get my attention while bf. my ds was in creche fulltime until dd was a month old and 3 mornings a week for the next 5 mths. so i had lots of time to settle into having 2. now ds is in pre-school 5 mornings a week and dd is at home fulltime. so changing from 2 to 3 will be hectic.
    Ah but the laughter - my 2 love to play together and they are funny and loud and mostly happy. we have a tantrum free zone at the moment so all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

May79 yep you have to wait til 14 wks to do yoga. You need pre-natal massage so go to someone qualified in that. I don't know where you're based but your gp should have names and if all else fails just do a google search.

tbh isn't it so amazing about the kicks. Mines a right little kicker now at 25 wks and this week i've seen my belly actually move with the kicks so he/she is definitely growing and getting stronger. Has been very active for the last few days too.

Got my first appointment for Holles St in November, all going well I'll be 9 and half weeks, seems like an odd time to have first visit, i thought it would be 12 wks or something like that as opposed to in between two different weeks......am I being a numpty?! ;-)

Winnie wrote: »
    Got my first appointment for Holles St in November, all going well I'll be 9 and half weeks, seems like an odd time to have first visit, i thought it would be 12 wks or something like that as opposed to in between two different weeks......am I being a numpty?! ;-)
    Is it on Friday - that is when they have the clinic that I am attending - hope to see you there!

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Is it on Friday - that is when they have the clinic that I am attending - hope to see you there!

Afraid not, it's on a Monday.....but i may see you in there some other time, you never know! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

xzanti wrote: »
    It's normal, you'll worry right til the end.. Even when they're kicking the bejesus out of your gf, you'll still be worried.. I think it lasts about 18 years or so :D

18 haha we should be so lucky:)
    I hear it lasts the rest of our lives;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

woohoo last trimester. (27 weeks pregnant)

I felt the need to add that:))

Moonbeam wrote: »
    woohoo last trimester. (27 weeks pregnant)

I felt the need to add that:))
    Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

well to say I'm delighted is an understatement. We're just back from the big scan and - 10 fingers, 10 toes, 4 chambers in the heart, 1 nasal bone, two femurs, one little winky ;)
    The midwife told us that she can't tell us for sure that there's no abnormalities, but in her experience, he looks perfect.

ah man, I'm just buzzing. It's such a relief, and we got some great pics. Can't wait to meet him! We've a further cardiac scan on the 8th but hopefully it'll be fine and that'll be the end of the drama (yeah right!).

tbh wrote: »
    well to say I'm delighted is an understatement. We're just back from the big scan and - 10 fingers, 10 toes, 4 chambers in the heart, 1 nasal bone, two femurs, one little winky ;)
    The midwife told us that she can't tell us for sure that there's no abnormalities, but in her experience, he looks perfect.

ah man, I'm just buzzing. It's such a relief, and we got some great pics. Can't wait to meet him! We've a further cardiac scan on the 8th but hopefully it'll be fine and that'll be the end of the drama (yeah right!).
    So it is a little boy then? Am delighted for you - first a kick and now this :D

tbh you are going to be having so much fun - our son brings joy to our life all the time. Little boys are amazing :D

Congrats again tbh. It's a great feeling when everything is normal and healthy. There's always that little fear at the back of your mind before the scan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm packing my bag this weekend :D so exciting.. have my checklist at the ready.. Have most of the babies things that I'll need so I just need to go shopping for myself for PJs, toiletries and the likes..

I know It'll probably be unpacked and repacked a million times before the big day rolls around but it's a start :)

I think my baby has hiccups!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I just thought I'd share this.. It made me cry with laughter..

I love 0.57 LOL

xzanti wrote: »
    I just thought I'd share this.. It made me cry with laughter..

I love 0.57 LOL

Funny though not true in my case - daddy Shane changed all our son's nappies for the first month, he still does them when he is home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Is anyone else having really really mad dreams? :D

Im dreaming about food im craving ha other night it was christmas and I was eating stuffing - my favourite part of christmas dinner hehe craving it like crazy for the last week!

Also dreamt of my OH proposing to me, ring was prefect, we havent got engaged as we havent found the 'right ring' so now I know what it looks like il be on the hunt! ;)

The one I had last night I gave birth to a girl and called her Lilly-May, wonder if its a sign of the sex of my baby? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

lol on the dreams. had my first cigarette craving in 5 yrs in my dreams the other night! I was smoking and having a great time, but have not put anything near me since before i pg with ds!
    I have all sorts of mad dreams when pg, but since i started using my gentle birth home course i sleep so deeply it is like switching a light out and then back on 5/6 hrs later. so i remember nothing most days.

Am miscayyring - off this hread :(

*hugs hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

So sorry to hear that. Big hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Ah Cathy i'm devastaed for you. Take care x x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Awww Cathy best wishes and hugs

I'm so sorry to hear that Cathy. Take care of yourself.

They did not have the strong machine as they have a sketteton staff at the weekend. I showed them the clot and red blood. I have to wait another few days to know either way - they gave me a rough date of 6 weeks 2 days. I should know by Friday at the latest. Have to hope in the interim. The bleeding has stopped for now - it is wait and see. Horrible not knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cathy and Shane I'm hoping that everything goes well for you, will be keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Advertisement