Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

The one I have used is Effective birth preperation from www.natalhypnotherapy.com
    You can get the 4cd program or individual cds whatever suits. I have nothing to compare to, but it works for me, and it is very reasonnably priced as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Nearly 37 weeks now, and worryingly calm :p

Everything is ready, or so we think, even daddy haha! I am feeling quite uncomfortable, so bebe can come out anytime he wants (been thinking its a boy since the start, but we didn't actually find out the sex, can't wait for the surprise!).
    I have been doing yoga since the start, with a dvd and found it great to be able to do it whenever suited me at home and for something like less than 20 euro. Would defo recommend it. And for the past 6 weeks or so have been going to aqua aerobics classes and its the highlight of my week (1h of weightlessness at this stage is a godsend ;)), especially that now, if I go for walks any longer than 20 minutes, I get terrible back and hips ache.
    Craving for chocolate is back with a vengeance though, i'd gone off it for the first few months, damn it!!

Another thing I would recommend is a relaxation/self-hypno cd, I've been listening to one every week and it has really brushed away all my apprehensions in regards to the birth.

Hope all is well for everyone!!

I was the same, completely thought it was a boy, which is really funny as I am very matter of fact. I would have to see it on a screen to believe it but sine I found out I was preg I called it him and I even had a name for him at 12 weeks that just came tome in the middle of the night.

But it was a girl! She is just as happy in her blue sleeping bag!

Don't worry about being calm, atleast it could keep your blood pressure down. I think once your bag is packed it will all fall into place. I had the hypnobirthing cd's too and found them great when I couldn't sleep in the last few weeks.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

20 weeks now, due the end of Feb. Having baby in the MLU in Drogheda (thats the plan, but they can change). This is my first, so not sure wat to expect. In Drogheda they only give you one scan which I thought was a bit strange!!! Is this normal? Any feedback about the MLU in Drogheda?

They give only one routine scan in Holles st Dublin, I think its common practice in Ireland. I was surprised at first as well cause im from canada and they give at least 2 routine scans there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

No it's not common practice country wide but depends on individual hospitals, their resources and i presume how busy they are.

The coombe gives 2 scans regardless of public, semi private or private care. You get a dating scan around 12wks and an anomaly scan around 20wks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

No it's not common practice country wide but depends on individual hospitals, their resources and i presume how busy they are.

The coombe gives 2 scans regardless of public, semi private or private care. You get a dating scan around 12wks and an anomaly scan around 20wks.

Not so, you only get a second scan if you are over 35, or have other special reasons.
    You will get as many scans as you actually need, so dont worry about that. I had about 8 on dd for various reasons and only 2 for ds. will see how this one goes.

lynski I know of 3 other women younger than 35 who had 2 scans in the coombe. They had healthy uncomplicated pregnancies so no obvious medical reasons for them.

might be wrong so, but there are signs up to say that you will only receive a 2nd scan under those circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

I am 28 weeks and have had two scans in the Rotunda. Dating scan at 12 weeks (not even really neccessary in my case as I was charting and 100% sure of my dates) and big scan at 21 weeks.

I am young, healthy, had no complications and I'm on the Domino scheme.

Was waiting about 15-20 minutes both times.

Yes, my mistake, got the dating scan in Holles st also, at 16 weeks I think, a small 2 min scan that was. And then the proper scan at 24 weeks. But as its been said, you will get as many scans as you need. It is amazing to get the inside view though, would love to see it now again!

• Advertisement

Is anyone going to the pregnancy and baby fair this weekend in rds? As it's my first I think I'll go and have a look around.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is anyone going to the pregnancy and baby fair this weekend in rds? As it's my first I think I'll go and have a look around.

Hmmm- might make a nice outing!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We are :) looks like a fun day out and there's still some things I need to get so am hoping to get them there..

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

I won tickets by emailing this address

competitions@parenthood.ie and telling them who I planned to bring with me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I won tickets by emailing this address

competitions@parenthood.ie and telling them who I planned to bring with me!!

Thanks, both of us just did that (my partner and I, not the baby and I) and won 4 tickets, saving €40.

Just won my tickets too!! Thanks!

Me 3! I emailed that address and got a reply to say I won 2 tickets.

Also said they are still giving them out so encourage people to email them.

emailed them, and there is a competition on dad.ie too that ends at midnight. HATE paying into these things, paying to be subjected to sales pitches? why cant the just cover the costs by the exhibitors and make people apply for free tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

They must have no one paying into the exhibition! Have heard of so many people getting free tickets......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MzFit

Would just like to share this with you all because I'm so damn proud and wibbly-lipped! :D
    th_Scan10010-1.jpg

They managed to mess up the dates on there, despite being told clearly, and repeatedly. But whatever. Don't care, that's mah bubbeh! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

MzFit wrote: »
    Would just like to share this with you all because I'm so damn proud and wibbly-lipped! :D

They managed to mess up the dates on there, despite being told clearly, and repeatedly. But whatever. Don't care, that's mah bubbeh! :D:D:D

Brilliant!

sillysocks wrote: »
    They must have no one paying into the exhibition! Have heard of so many people getting free tickets......

They did say to enter via the main website- rather than just e-mailing them. Details here:

Either www.parenthood.ie,

the competition page which is http://www.parenthood.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=732:tickets-for-the-pregnancy-a-baby-fair&catid=161

or our FB page http://www.facebook.com/Parenthood.ie

I've won 2 tickets via email aswel :D

She said I would receive a 'more detailed email' later in the week. Anyone received the detailed email yet? I'm wondering are the tickets to be posted out or what?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Hey all! Just a quick update as I have my hands full at the moment! Went into labour last Friday and had baby Holly (after calling bump he for 9 months, turns out to be a girl) 11 days early on the 2nd! I cannot stop staring at her, besotted with her! Shes really good with feeding and sleeping at the moment, long may it last! Hope all the expectant mammies to be are coping well!

Hey all! Just a quick update as I have my hands full at the moment! Went into labour last Friday and had baby Holly (after calling bump he for 9 months, turns out to be a girl) 11 days early on the 2nd! I cannot stop staring at her, besotted with her! Shes really good with feeding and sleeping at the moment, long may it last! Hope all the expectant mammies to be are coping well!

Congratulations! And welcome baby Holly!
    Long may the feeding and sleeping last. How big was she?

Best wishes,

Shane

Congrats Ciara :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

I just got an email saying the tickets I won would be availabel for collection at the door!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

won tickets from mommy pages:)
    Looking forward to having a look around.
    Hopefully it will make my double buggy decision for me!!
    I wanted the out and about nipper then when I asked a random stranger about theirs and they let me test drive it, discovered the handle height is not adjustable:(

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

MzFit wrote: »

That's so lovely. Congratulations. I wouldn't blame you for being wibbly-lipped! What is your date now?

I hope everyone else is keeping well. We're heaing to week 14 now. Am delighted. So far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Got 4 tickets only need 2.
    If anyone wants the other 2 pm or text me me,I am in Dublin 15 this evening and Maynooth tonight and in the morning.

Advertisement