Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

So who pulled a fake contraction on their OH today? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Neyite wrote: »
    So who pulled a fake contraction on their OH today? :D

Oh cruel! Thought about it, but at 26 weeks he wld have had me in the hospital before I cld tell him it was an aprils fool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Neyite you're so bold, had me convinced :D:D:D

Ms2011 hopefully baby will take a hint and get moving very soon!

Javagal that's lovely being all loved up, I love that side of the pregnancy hormones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Tick tock, tick tock....still no baba yet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Ms2011 wrote: »

Just too comfy in there :) did ya get the sweep done? Have they given ya an induction date yet? Hope he makes an appearance for ya soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hopefully babs starts moving soon!! Fingers crossed :)

Tigeress wrote: »

Just too comfy in there :) did ya get the sweep done? Have they given ya an induction date yet? Hope he makes an appearance for ya soon :)

I'm in the hospital tomorrow, hopefully they will put a stick of TNT up there to encourage him out :-D
    I'd say they might discuss an induction date too, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

ah hope things start moving for you soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I love siun too but dh says no! Also love sadhbh(sive), again dh says no! A friend is pregnant and if she has a girl she's calling her nena. I like laura, lorraine, mya, orla, niamh and aoife, nessa and clodagh. Another friend had a girl a few weeks ago and called her Seren (its welsh for star). It's so had to pick names!!!

Just back from the hospital, appointment @ 8:30am was seen at 11:30am :rolleyes:

Anyway I got a quick scan & the doctor wasn't really happy with the amount if fluid around the baby so I was given a sweep & if I don't go myself I've to go back in on Saturday to get prosteglandine (sp?) with a view to inducing me on Sunday :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Just back from the hospital, appointment @ 8:30am was seen at 11:30am :rolleyes:

Anyway I got a quick scan & the doctor wasn't really happy with the amount if fluid around the baby so I was given a sweep & if I don't go myself I've to go back in on Saturday to get prosteglandine (sp?) with a view to inducing me on Sunday :eek:

Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Ooh best of luck Ms2011!!! You're definitely on the home stretch now :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

twit twoooo... your nearly there :)

I however ain't meeting with consultant till frickin Tuesday to discuss induction :(

Ill be ten days over by then. and probably gone stir crazy :(

Was the sweep awful?

Im terrified ill have to be induced as I've heard it makes labour longer and more painful :(

I however ain't meeting with consultant till frickin Tuesday to discuss induction :(

Was the sweep awful?

Im terrified ill have to be induced as I've heard it makes labour longer and more painful :(

The sweep wasn't terrible but I could live my life without ever getting another one ;-)

Doesn't seem to have done much though, this is one stubborn baby I'm having :-)

Best of luck on Tuesday (if not before) hope you get some good news, nothing worse than waiting around for something to happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Was the sweep awful?

It CAN, but not neccessarily. I was induced, and while I had small contractions all day, the labour itself really only lasted a few hours, and was smooth sailing enough! (see my story in the birth story thread). Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

http://www.pregnancyandbabyfair.ie/
    on 15th and 16th april in RDS.

Best of luck Ms :-) will be thinking of you all weekend & keeping an eye for some news! What an Easter Present hehe xxx

Baby Joseph was born today weighing 8lbs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Wahoo :D delighted for you an Easter baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

cyning wrote: »

Wahoo :D delighted for you an Easter baby :)

Congrats ms2011! Hope you're feeling ok and all went well

• Advertisement

MS that's amazing news! Happy birthday baby Joshua :) fine size too! Hope you & baby are well xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

congratulations, i hope both mammy and baby are doing well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Congratulations.. am delighted for you! Hope you are both well.x

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

awwwwww congrats ms... well done :)

hope all is well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely thrilled for you, fine size baby too!

Hope you & baby Joseph are both recovering well :)

Send a few labour vibes this direction for those still waiting ;):D

Dunno how good my vibes would be, my induction turned into a c-section due to 'failure to progress'.
    Babs has since been put in an incubtor due to an infection so feeling a bit overwhelmed but happy at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Congrats woo hoo x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Dunno how good my vibes would be, my induction turned into a c-section due to 'failure to progress'.
    Babs has since been put in an incubtor due to an infection so feeling a bit overwhelmed but happy at the minute!

Congrats on your bundle MS2011.
    Hopefully he'll be out of it today or tomorrow, he's a great size so I'm sure he'll kick the infection fast!

• Advertisement

Hope you're ok MS after the section! It's hard going but you'll be back to normal in no time! Hope baby Joseph is ok! Thinking o you xxx

Advertisement