Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I ticked off the last thing to do on my list yesterday...OH had 2 things on his..yet to be done :rolleyes: Sometimes leaving things till last min mean ya do it more efficiently :)

Bits of mucus plug coming away all day...hopefully this is a sign of the start of something..im not holding out much hope..just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Mink wrote: »
    Ms2011 wrote: »
    Lovin' the good weather lately, getting out & about in the fresh air is a real mood booster for me :-)
    Walked the doggies, mowed the lawn, tidied round the boarders, did some weeding etc. then listened to my Gentlebirth CDs. Really tired now but the contented tired of doing some physical work, hopefully I'm in for a good nights sleep now :-)

I'm only in 5th month and I'd be lucky to have this much activity in a full weekend, need to get my arse in gear or I'll have a massive to-do list in 4 mths time!

Love being out in the garden on a nice day though I think it's going to be a bit neglected this summer, will have babs taking up most of my time!!

Can't believe it's March 1st, only 29 days left (hopefully!!)

pippington wrote: »

Bits of mucus plug coming away all day...hopefully this is a sign of the start of something..im not holding out much hope..just in case!

Fingers & toes crossed that this is the start for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Fingers & toes crossed that this is the start for you x

Everything crossed here for you too Pippington! I had my daughter within 3 days of having the sweep/losing my plug so it sound's like things could be happening for you now :)
    Best of luck! x

Almost a week overdue now! Wednessday looks more and more likely! Hmmm might sound like a silly quiestion that you would think id have asked my doctor or midwife....but what exactly happens with induction?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

There are a lot of different methods used which all fall under the heading of "Induction"

There are physical interventions such as rupture of the membranes and there are hormonal interventions which can be administrated in a number of ways. It would be worth your while doing some research (or calling the hospital to find out what their policy is) so that you have a good idea of the procedures and understand what is being offered.

The Eumom site has a pretty good overview of Induction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Almost a week overdue now! Wednessday looks more and more likely! Hmmm might sound like a silly quiestion that you would think id have asked my doctor or midwife....but what exactly happens with induction?

I had, application of gel to cervix, syntocin, and waters broken, may have been more drugs also, was totally out of it on gas and perhidine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

I had, application of gel to cervix, syntocin, and waters broken, may have been more drugs also, was totally out of it on gas and perhidine :)

I think that what Sittingpretty said is the usual routine. They seem to try the gel first, if that doesn't get you started they may try the gel again or put you on a drip, and then they break your waters if they still haven't gone. If you're stressing about it, I'd say give the hospital a call to see what their exact policy is :)

I was more just wondering that if they found your cervix was soft and effaced would they still go with the gel first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was more just wondering that if they found your cervix was soft and effaced would they still go with the gel first

Not sure but I don't think so, isn't that the purpose of the gel, to soften/open the cervix? (they used the gel on me).

• Advertisement

yeah it is....i shall have to wait and see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

They never used gel on my induction, just broke my waters and then used syntocin.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Had two rounds of gel and syntocin on first ... Then gel, breaking of waters followed by syntocin on #2 ... Each labour is different I suppose or maybe it's down to the hospital?

I know on my sister they used 2 rounds of gel, they said her cervix wasnt really soft or anything so they had to get that ready before they could break waters....twill all be happening on wednesday anyway..feeling 100% sure that by babs wont make an appearance on his own!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

I know on my sister they used 2 rounds of gel, they said her cervix wasnt really soft or anything so they had to get that ready before they could break waters....twill all be happening on wednesday anyway..feeling 100% sure that by babs wont make an appearance on his own!

Best of luck tomorrow Pippington :) here's hoping for a quick labour x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

There could be a little Pip in the world right now. Can't wait to hear!

Was with the midwife today, everything was fine & head is well down, though it did take about 10 mins to pin babs down long enough to get a heart rate, he doesn't like the doppler & keeps turning away from it. The midwife said he's going to be a nightmare to keep a trace on when I'm in labour, little so & so is giving me attitude already & he's not even born ;-)

Getting some really noticable cramps since last night, nothing too strong but hopefully a good sign.
    I'll be 37 weeks on Friday & considered full term, I can't believe I'm so close to the finish line, I'm not even sure the fact that I'm having a baby has full sunk in yet!!!!

Thinking of you Pippington! Hope baby has made an appearance & you're both doing well now :)

Ms2011 it's kinda surreal being in the end part of the single digit weeks countdown isn't it?!
    I was flicking through the roster in work today & thought wow I only have 4 weeks left in work :eek::pac:

Ah girls I was having loads of braxton hicks yesterday evening & through the night. When I finally got to sleep after 2am I had the most vivid dream that I was having contractions & that when I went to the loo my waters broke.
    When I woke up I was so disorientated, I couldn't understand why I was at home in bed, I was convinced I was in the hospital!

My next hospital appointment is Monday, I'm really hoping that I do get a scan to get a rough idea of how big this baby is. I'm convinced he/she is a whopper big baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'll be 37 weeks on Friday & considered full term, I can't believe I'm so close to the finish line, I'm not even sure the fact that I'm having a baby has full sunk in yet!!!!

I'm sitting here entertaining myself while breast feeding A and still don't think it's sunk in that I have a baby!!!!! Maybe by the time she's 20?!!?

dublinlady wrote: »

I'm sitting here entertaining myself while breast feeding A and still don't think it's sunk in that I have a baby!!!!! Maybe by the time she's 20?!!?

Well done on the breastfeeding, I know you have had some problems but fair play for continuing through them, I hope I can be as determined x

• Advertisement

Just a quick post to let ye all know Baby Samuel Benjamin was born at 2am on the 8th of March, a very healthy 8lb 4oz! Took to the breast about a half hour after birth and has pretty much stayed there since! Completly besotted!

Just a quick post to let ye all know Baby Samuel Benjamin was born at 2am on the 8th of March, a very healthy 8lb 4oz! Took to the breast about a half hour after birth and has pretty much stayed there since! Completly besotted!

Massive congratulations Pippington!!!! Hope mum & baby Samuel are doing very well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

ah pip that is wonderful news, congratulations x

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Congrats pippington ... Delighted to hear all went well. Enjoy ur little boy!

Huge congratulations Pip :) wishing you a lifetime of happiness with baby Samuel xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Congrats pip!!! Great news! :)

Awww huge congrats Pippington, enjoy your little man x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats Pip.... I'm delighted for you :D And I love the name too!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

:D Congrats Pippington and welcome to the world pip jnr.

When did you all start washing the baby stuff? I'm 31 weeks and wondering if I should get sorted now or wait a few weeks?

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    :D Congrats Pippington and welcome to the world pip jnr.

When did you all start washing the baby stuff? I'm 31 weeks and wondering if I should get sorted now or wait a few weeks?

I had it all ready by the time I was 30 weeks :o it was just too tempting sitting there lol I love washing & ironing baby clothes! Can't believe you're 31 weeks already Neyite! Where'd that time go?!

Advertisement