Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Congrats Cadyboo! Welcome to the world baby Liam :) xx

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Congrats Cadyboo!

I'm having a better day. I got a bundle of maternity clothes on ebay the other week and they arrived today. I'm so happy, I'm so bloated that for the last few weeks I've been wearing tracksuit bottoms and squeezing into dresses and skirts that barely fit and I've looked and felt like a big slobby fright. I'm still too small for maternity tops but the pants are the best things ever. I look like someone with normal thighs, legs and a bum again! Sure I look a bit big on the tummy but with the rest of my body wearing properly fitting clothes I feel soooo much more human. I can't stop smiling. I'm off to ebay for some jeans. :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Iguana, I loved wearing skinny jeans with a jersey top and swingy cardigan - perfect for showing off your figure and your bump.

I switched to normal jeans when I couldnt bend over anymore to tuck the skinnies into boots. :)

What do most people do for underwear? At the moment I'm living in ahh bras (which are surprisingly supportive) and I just bought a couple of packs of full briefs in Penneys a size bigger than normal. I also have a couple of packs of seamfree shorts that I bought in M&S after my laparascopy that still have enough room to wear.

I know I'll want nursing bras for after the birth but I can wait to buy those as long as the ahh bras are working, with maybe one nice maternity bra for wearing with 'occasions' dresses on any dressy events that are coming up over the summer (I think I'll have a christening and a wedding). But should I get special maternity knickers or just keep going up a size with Penneys cheapies?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I've actually stuck to my old knickers - M&S low rise short thingies. They'd be under the bump anyway. I also was bypassed by the Tit Fairy, so didnt need to change my bras either. :( I did buy a nursing bra that is roomy enough for anticipated expansion and I will see how I go and send someone in for more once I know my eventual size properly.

I am literally old me+bump, and while baby is apparently a good size, and I have slightly extra amniotic fluid, I still look neat. Baby must have tossed out all my internal organs to make space or something. I'm still wearing long tops a size up from normal from pennys, as I'm quite short so they go below bump. The only wardrobe change I've had really is maternity jeans. And maternity tights. No way can you wear ordinary ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have both normal knickers and maternity ones: and to be honest there is just no difference in them! So cheap and cheerful all the way :)

I've gone from a 34a to a 36c in bras though: the non underwired bras I bought in Dunnes are ten times more comfortable then the maternity ones i got from Mamas and Papas. Got a few from Penney's aswell with underwire for dresses and white top and they are perfect!

I really need to buy a nursing bra for my hosp bag though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

cyning wrote: »
    I have both normal knickers and maternity ones: and to be honest there is just no difference in them! So cheap and cheerful all the way :)

I've gone from a 34a to a 36c in bras though: the non underwired bras I bought in Dunnes are ten times more comfortable then the maternity ones i got from Mamas and Papas. Got a few from Penney's aswell with underwire for dresses and white top and they are perfect!

I really need to buy a nursing bra for my hosp bag though!!
    Ya need a few nursing bras... Leaky boobs mean frequent changes!!! Although maybe not for first day or two as just colostrum!!

I'll stick with normal knickers then. Just get some more seamfree shorts and low riders as I get bigger. And I definitely hear you about the tights Neyite, my usual ones already cut painfully across my stomach. Where is a good place to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

iguana wrote: »
    I'll stick with normal knickers then. Just get some more seamfree shorts and low riders as I get bigger. And I definitely hear you about the tights Neyite, my usual ones already cut painfully across my stomach. Where is a good place to get them?

Debenhams do great maternity tights!! Really comfy!

Thanks. I'll take a look next time I'm in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 littledubs

hi girls, Im new on here. Anyone else experiencing insomnia? Im only 4.5 weeks and not sleeping at all. Woke at 4am and here I am, still awake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Hey littledubs, and congrats!

I'm a regular insomniac anyway, but I had lots of sleepless nights in the early stages - you're coming to terms with a major life event, so it's normal that your brain is on overdrive.

My advice would be to talk over your worries/hopes/fears with your partner, or with close friend or family member. Even if you feel fine about the whole thing, talking out loud helps you to fix it all in place in your head.

Try to keep your baby thoughts out of the bedroom, get into a relaxing bedtime routine, and settle in to it before you start waking up for regular bathroom trips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

What Kash said is good advice! Also a friend of recommended to me to try and sleep as much as you can at night as she used to sit up all night reading whilst she was pregnant and when the baby was born her daughter wouldn't settle for her at all at night. But when she had her second, she made sure she slept at night and the baby settle fine for her. I don't know if this is a myth though....or that maybe daughter num 1 was a just a night owl anyway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Baby George arrived today, just aftermidday at a generously sized 8lbs 6ozs. brilliant labour little over an hour long (had my waters broken & received epidural). This little guy has my heart melted he is such a little treasure :) hope all are keeping well x

Yay! Congrats Cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Congratulations Cap - glad mother and baby are doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Baby George arrived today, just aftermidday at a generously sized 8lbs 6ozs. brilliant labour little over an hour long (had my waters broken & received epidural). This little guy has my heart melted he is such a little treasure :) hope all are keeping well x

OMG massive Congrats Cap!!! So so happy for you & that labour went well :) welcome to the world baby George xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Fantastic news Cap!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats Cap :D delighted labour went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Congrats Cap and HELLO baby George. I just love the name. Hope the first day with the little man is goiing well. xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Congratulations cap and welcome little George... quick labour..;) you sure you won't make saturday?? :eek::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

congratulations cap, delighted it went so well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Congrats Cap, great to hear it all went well. Love the name x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

ah Congrats! love the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

javagal wrote: »
    ah Congrats! love the name!
    Many congrats to you and your oh cap. What a lovely name too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats Cap! Delighted the labour went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

woohoo congrats cap :) delighted for you. and welcome baby George :)
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Congrats :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Congrats Cap, delighted to hear the news!!!!!

• Advertisement

I knew it!!! The one evening I'm offline and not on Facebook either and ya pop!!! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!:D

Advertisement