Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Congrats MS... hope baby Josephs well soon, good size baby I'm sure he'll be fine soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Ms2011 sorry to hear you had a tough night with little Joseph in the incubator & the section too.
    I hope you got a bit of sleep yourself. How are you feeling now?
    I agree with Tinkerbell, he's a fine size which is great & should make him hardy for fighting off that infection.
    I hope he's out and well very soon x x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ms2011 sorry to hear you had a tough night with little Joseph in the incubator & the section too.
    I agree with Tinkerbell, he's a fine size which is great & should make him hardy for fighting off that infection.

I'm exhausted at the minute, need my own home badly :-(

Joseph was brought back down to me yesterday evening but but this morning he was brought back up cos his sugars dropped. They are hoping stabilse over so I might ger him back tomorrow.

Talk about emotional, haven't cried so much in years :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Ms2011 wrote: »

I'm exhausted at the minute, need my own home badly :-(

Joseph was brought back down to me yesterday evening but but this morning he was brought back up cos his sugars dropped. They are hoping stabilse over so I might ger him back tomorrow.

Talk about emotional, haven't cried so much in years :-P

Ah the poor wee man, fingers crossed you'll have him back in the morning. Hope you're recovering well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sending lots of cyber hugs your way MS!!!! If at ALL possible try get some food into you and some rest (though I'm sure it's very noisy on the ward). Take care of yourself! Hope your little man stabilises again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Ms2011, hope little Joseph is doing better today and he will be back with you soon. Hope ye both get home soon, I'm sure it will help you to recover too.

Cap, hope things r improving in your house today. God love you, you've had a tough week too. By the sounds of it your hubby is a very lucky man, I hope he has a speedy recovery. Hope your getting a chance to put your feet up before babs arrives. Take the hand off anyone who offers to help :)

Thinking of you both MS xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Huge congratulations Ms2011 and welcome to the world baby Joseph.. i know it's really tough when you haven't got you're baby right there with you .. if you can at all try to rest up and get some strength back for when he's with you again.. Hopefully he'll be ok soon ... big hugs xx

Just a quick update. Joseph's sugar levels seem to be stabilising, he's controling his temps & the infection has cleared so he's off the IV antibiotics. He is still in the special care unit being monitored but fingers crossed he'll be back with me tomorrow in time to go home on Friday :-)

Just a quick update. Joseph's sugar levels seem to be stabilising, he's controling his temps & the infection has cleared so he's off the IV antibiotics. He is still in the special care unit being monitored but fingers crossed he'll be back with me tomorrow in time to go home on Friday :-)

That is absolutely brilliant news Ms2011, absolutely delighted to hear he is doing so well!
    My heart went out to you after your earlier post, sounded like things were very tough :(
    Hopefully you will both be home asap x

Kildareash, thanks I'll definitely be making the most of any help put in my direction for sure :D My sister very kindly cooked us up a batch of meals which we froze down & have enough to do a fortnight.
    She's going to do the same again soon, help me do up a big batch so I wont have to worry about making meals when baby arrives. It's amazing how much easier it makes life having that one less thing to worry about!

Someone asked me when I was due, had a bit of an OMG moment when I was able to answer 'next week'!
    I know it could be another 2 weeks onto that if baby decides to arrive later, but surreal getting to so close to the finish line! doesn't feel like so long ago I was counting down every cycle when trying to conceive.
    It's amazing to be so close as to almost have baby in my arms now :)

Hope every one else is doing well :)

• Advertisement

Finally got home with Joseph on Friday, it's great to get back to your own home comforts :)

Will be keeping a watch on this thread for some new babas, beat of luck to all those still waiting :)

Fantastic stuff Ms2011, glad you're both doing well. Nothing nicer than getting home to your own bed too (well for the short time a newborn lets you sleep in it anyway :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Finally got home with Joseph on Friday, it's great to get back to your own home comforts :)

Will be keeping a watch on this thread for some new babas, beat of luck to all those still waiting :)

delighted your home , always better to be in your own home x hope everything goes well for you both x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 emilyblack06

so I guess this is for pregges...

Well hi everyone, I'm Emily, now 30 and expecting for my 2nd baby this September. Hopefully this would be a lucky birth for it's autumn and he's going to be a Dragon Son (born within the year of the dragon).

Nice meeting to everyone... :)
    =======================
    hunting land, deer hunting, public land, hunting land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats Ms! Lovely name and so glad you are home ok now.

Glad your both home MS... hopefully youll settle into routine soon and can look forward:):)

Congrats Emily.... welcome to the thread!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Had a scan today at week 11 which went great. At first the baby was a sleep but then woke up and started squirming all about the place, dancing and kicking (or maybe flailing about in frustration at being woken). The doc measured him/her at 11wk5d but said that as I had a 7 week scan that dated as today being 11 weeks I shouldn't adjust my dates as the baby is just probably a big big for it's age. Which is great news for the baby, and maybe bad news for my vagina.

11bk8wl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Great to hear you're all well and home MS! Best of luck with baby :) xxx

Cap I'm shocked reading that you're due next week! That flew!! Doesn't it seem forever ago we were tracking cycles waiting for our BFP's :) hope baby doesn't leave you waiting too long! Ps can I borrow your sis?! She sounds great, doing all those meals :)

Iguana what a fab picture! You must be over the moon :) there is absolutely nothing like seeing your baby on a scan :) very best wishes on your amazing journey ahead :) enjoy it xxx

Welcome Emily & Congrats on your news

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

iguana wrote: »

11bk8wl.png

Amazing picture, looks like the baby is facing out saying hello! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

feel so bad but i have an awful craving for a mc Donalds right now, :-(

• Advertisement

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    Amazing picture, looks like the baby is facing out saying hello! Congrats!

It was wiggling about at the time as the doctor woke it up so it's probably asking why did we wake it and plotting it's revenge for November.:eek:

Our pregnancy announcement on Facebook.
    529072_437652339583894_100000173950733_1922249_190869953_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Our pregnancy announcement on Facebook.
    529072_437652339583894_100000173950733_1922249_190869953_n.jpg

Haha, that's the best one I've seen so far, very original

Tigeress I know, It feels like a lifetime ago we were on the TTC thread, surreal to think I''m so close to the finish line now :)

Iguana love the birth announcement! Very original :D Your scan is amazing too, so clear! I often end up getting scans where I literally can't make head or tail of whats on screen :o

Bad afternoon here. I was playing fetch in the garden with the dogs and the blind-ish three legged one bumped into me as I turned around and I fell over. I burst into tears, freaking out that I'd hurt the baby. My husband called Holles St and they said to come in, which freaked me out more. Thankfully the scan showed the baby hopping about, playing trampoline on my uterus and I got three new photos of it and I'm finally calming down. One of my knees has gone purple though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh iguana that sucks: but look baby is fine and that the main thing... Pregnancy makes me one big massive ball of worry about everything: and that's without falling. And you got too see baby today :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Bad afternoon here. I was playing fetch in the garden with the dogs and the blind-ish three legged one bumped into me as I turned around and I fell over. I burst into tears, freaking out that I'd hurt the baby. My husband called Holles St and they said to come in, which freaked me out more. Thankfully the scan showed the baby hopping about, playing trampoline on my uterus and I got three new photos of it and I'm finally calming down. One of my knees has gone purple though.

Aw hon, I know how scary it is - I had a fall last week, but because I'm RH negative, I had to go and get the anti-D injection. Once I heard the heartbeat and got the scan I calmed down. They will call you in no matter what, as a precaution, and you did the right thing. I have a lovely scabby knee too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Baby Liam was born last Wednesday morning at 05.13am weighing 8lbs 9 ozs. He is a beauty and absolutely perfect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

congratssssssss xxx

• Advertisement

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Baby Liam was born last Wednesday morning at 05.13am weighing 8lbs 9 ozs. He is a beauty and absolutely perfect!!

Congratulations!!!!! Absolutely delighted for you :)
    How was the birth & the past few days since? hectic I'd imagine!

Iguana you poor thing, what a horrible fright you must have had :( Glad all was well with baby & great to have the reassurance of the scan too :)

Advertisement