Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Tigeress wrote: »
    I had it all ready by the time I was 30 weeks :o it was just too tempting sitting there lol I love washing & ironing baby clothes! Can't believe you're 31 weeks already Neyite! Where'd that time go?!

\o/ I can get cracking so! Never thought I would be itching to do laundry. It's kinda not my forte :D

I cant fecking believe I'm 31 weeks. I'm down to single-digit weeks!!! We got the big stuff today - buggy, carseat, cot matteress and a few other bits and pieces, and it feels good to have them at least. I also have the loan of a moses basket, was given the cot and have a little stash of baby clothes, so if baby arrives tomorrow* I'd cope with what I have so far.

*note to jnr. Dont you be listening into to adults conversations. Stay put for another 6 weeks at least. Because I'm your Mammy and I said so, thats why. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I was about 30 weeks aswell. Felt sureal see all the tiny clothes lined up drying on the radiator :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

pippington wrote: »
    Just a quick post to let ye all know Baby Samuel Benjamin was born at 2am on the 8th of March, a very healthy 8lb 4oz! Took to the breast about a half hour after birth and has pretty much stayed there since! Completly besotted!

Congratulations, what a lovely name! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hi all,

Just got our BFP today so looks like I will be joining your gang!! Were still in shock, only 4 weeks gone based on last period date. Exciting and scary times ahead, eek!!

I presume first step is to arrange a doctors appointment?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hi all,

Just got our BFP today so looks like I will be joining your gang!! Were still in shock, only 4 weeks gone based on last period date. Exciting and scary times ahead, eek!!

Wow i was just reading your posts yesterday in t t c ! Congrats ! Yeah head to doctor so they can write off to hospital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Neyite wrote: »
    I had it all ready by the time I was 30 weeks :o it was just too tempting sitting there lol I love washing & ironing baby clothes! Can't believe you're 31 weeks already Neyite! Where'd that time go?!

\o/ I can get cracking so! Never thought I would be itching to do laundry. It's kinda not my forte :D

I cant fecking believe I'm 31 weeks. I'm down to single-digit weeks!!! We got the big stuff today - buggy, carseat, cot matteress and a few other bits and pieces, and it feels good to have them at least. I also have the loan of a moses basket, was given the cot and have a little stash of baby clothes, so if baby arrives tomorrow* I'd cope with what I have so far.

*note to jnr. Dont you be listening into to adults conversations. Stay put for another 6 weeks at least. Because I'm your Mammy and I said so, thats why. :D

Teehehe :) the last weeks fly by! I thought they were dragging at the time but thinking back they went so quick! Very exciting getting all the bits in :) I used to wheel our pram around the kitchen & livin room :o it was so much fun! Do you know what you're having?? Bags packed yet?
    Just make sure you buy a new mattress for the Moses Basket :) for some reason you can't use the same mattress twice!
    In a few weeks pregnancy will be a distant memory for ya :) I'm still shocked my little fella is turning 11 weeks on Tues!!

Congrats on your BFP funkysoulsista :) take it easy & enjoy it x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Teehehe :) the last weeks fly by! I thought they were dragging at the time but thinking back they went so quick! Very exciting getting all the bits in :) I used to wheel our pram around the kitchen & livin room :o it was so much fun! Do you know what you're having?? Bags packed yet?
    Just make sure you buy a new mattress for the Moses Basket :) for some reason you can't use the same mattress twice!
    In a few weeks pregnancy will be a distant memory for ya :) I'm still shocked my little fella is turning 11 weeks on Tues!!

Congrats on your BFP funkysoulsista :) take it easy & enjoy it x

Havent the bag packed yet, but will work on that this week. Lol at you wheeling the pram around - but then I will probably be the exact same :D

We want a surprise so all I have bought is in cream and beige. Buggy is purple and car seat is black. The person who is lending us the moses basket had new matteress and sheets still in their wrapper so I am lucky there.

I cant believe your little fella is 11 weeks already!! It seems that when we were on the TTC forum the time dragged by yet its flying over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Has anyone needed steroid injections for babies lungs? Were they fine afterwards? I'm 23 weeks and just back in hosp with fourth lot of bleeding this pregnancy... So worried about my little babs :(

Has anyone needed steroid injections for babies lungs? Were they fine afterwards? I'm 23 weeks and just back in hosp with fourth lot of bleeding this pregnancy... So worried about my little babs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭DollyB

Hi Firstly Im new to this fourm im 13weeks + 6days :)
    cyning wrote: »
    And cyning I havn't but I know 3 different people who have and their babies are 100% now. I wouldn't worry about it your the doctors will warn you if they think anything will be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

cyning wrote: »

*Hugs*

With my first i had 3 sets off bleeding, 18 weeks, 19 weeks and 21 weeks. I was put on a sex ban at 21 weeks and never had another issue with bleeding.

I never had the steroid injections and one son was born at 35 weeks and was fine and healthy and had a good set of lungs. They would have given me steroid injection but labour progresses very quickly and the injection wouldn't have had time to kick in, however he didn't need it.

Congrats DollyB!

I've been on a sex ban for weeks and weeks so definatley not that: they found some cervical erosion so possibly that.

I'm going getting a bag ready just in case but fingers crossed I won't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Cyning, you poor thing. I'm sure baby is nice and cosy and has no intention of going anywhere for a while yet!

Friend of mine had injection for her baba before Xmas coz her waters had leaked. They weren't even sure if he wld make it to 24 weeks to get the injection but he's almost full term now! She had a horrible couple of months, but baby reached 28 weeks, mammy relaxed a bit too.

My mam and sis were telling me at the wkend I need to start thinking about getting a hospital bag together. This same pair were telling me to hold off buying the pram a few weeks ago! Packing the hospital bag is a major milestone, I don't think I'm ready for yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Thinking of u Cyning ... It's such a worry being pg ... Hope all goes well and bub stays put!

Going for induction in the am ... I'll be 40+10. Feeling a bit low and emotional for the last couple of days ... Lots of aches and pains and no sleep probably doesn't help ... Met my neighbour who is a midwife in the supermarket this morning ... She told me she was ten days over with both of hers ... Said it makes for a much easier induction ... Was delighted to hear that ... Hubby reckons baby will be out by lunch ... I think it'll be nearer to tea time ... My MIL is coming to sleep over tonight ... Hope she doesn't clean the house ... I haven't the energy to do anymore but I would be mortified if I thought she was cleaning when I'm not home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Knit wit wrote: »

Going for induction in the am ... I'll be 40+10. Feeling a bit low and emotional for the last couple of days ... Lots of aches and pains and no sleep probably doesn't help ... Met my neighbour who is a midwife in the supermarket this morning ... She told me she was ten days over with both of hers ... Said it makes for a much easier induction ... Was delighted to hear that ... Hubby reckons baby will be out by lunch ... I think it'll be nearer to tea time ... My MIL is coming to sleep over tonight ... Hope she doesn't clean the house ... I haven't the energy to do anymore but I would be mortified if I thought she was cleaning when I'm not home!

Best of luck tomorrow! :DMust be exciting knowing you are going to meet your little one tomorrrow.

Best of luck knitwit. Hope it all goes well and smoothly :)

Cyning, you poor thing.:( You'd think that after all you've been through that you'd catch a break.

Keeping you in my thought Knit Wit & Cyning x

Made & froze 5 days worth of dinners today for after babs is born, 2 hours worth of cooking, I'm wiped out now!!!

While I was out buying the ingredients for the dinners I went to queue up with my basket when a new till opened up so I went to waddle over to it, the amount of people who pushed past me to get there first was unreal. I'm not at all precious about being pregnant I just found it so rude to push by someone who was slower & not as able as they were or maybe I put more faith in human nature than I should :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

pippington wrote: »
    Just a quick post to let ye all know Baby Samuel Benjamin was born at 2am on the 8th of March, a very healthy 8lb 4oz! Took to the breast about a half hour after birth and has pretty much stayed there since! Completly besotted!

I love love love the name :D its the reverse of my son's.. Benjamin Samuel ... great minds..;) congratulations on the birth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Knit wit the very best of luck tomorrow! Hope all goes well with the induction and that you will have baby in your arms in no time at all :)

Cyning, so sorry to hear you are having bleeds again :( I also had the steroid injection at approx. 28 weeks last time, but still went on to have baby almost 2 weeks past due date.
    I hope the bleeding eases off for you. I also know of a girl that bleed pretty much from week 8 til she gave birth & had a perfectly healthy baby at her due date.

Hi all,

Congratulations FSS!!!!!! I love seeing BFP's from the ttc thread, absolutely delighted for you :)

Ms2011 omg you're so organised :eek: I've told my sister this time I don't want a present for baby - I want batches of frozen food instead :D
    (she's a chef, why bark when you have a dog :P)
    Such bad manners people pushing past you like that :eek: I'm not precious about being pregnant either, but its basic manners that so many people seem to lack :( I've perfected my hormental death stare & that seems to work for me in such cases :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

knit wit best of luck today hope all goes well for you x

cyning you poor thing hope you are ok and feeling better and hope the bleeding stops soon x x

thinking of ye both x

• Advertisement

Knit Wit good luck today :D

Bleedings eased off for me but cramping is still there: even though I only saw babs yesterday still get scared though.

Cap its so nice to hear you went over: when they gave me injections i was afraid i was going to go into labour soon. They're talking about inducing me at 39 weeks regardless so I guess they are just being cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Congratulations pippington!!

Good luck Knit wit, though you prob have ur beautiful baby now!!

Cyning thinking of you-fingers crossed its just a scare and babs stays put till the 39 weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Knit wit the very best of luck tomorrow! Hope all goes well with the induction and that you will have baby in your arms in no time at all :)

Cyning, so sorry to hear you are having bleeds again :( I also had the steroid injection at approx. 28 weeks last time, but still went on to have baby almost 2 weeks past due date.
    I hope the bleeding eases off for you. I also know of a girl that bleed pretty much from week 8 til she gave birth & had a perfectly healthy baby at her due date.

Congratulations FSS!!!!!! I love seeing BFP's from the ttc thread, absolutely delighted for you :)

Ms2011 omg you're so organised :eek: I've told my sister this time I don't want a present for baby - I want batches of frozen food instead :D
    (she's a chef, why bark when you have a dog :P)
    Such bad manners people pushing past you like that :eek: I'm not precious about being pregnant either, but its basic manners that so many people seem to lack :( I've perfected my hormental death stare & that seems to work for me in such cases :p

I have to say, I found people pretty rude while I was in the later stages of my pregnancy. I use public transport a LOT and I only ever had a seat offered to me ONCE. And very pushy too.

Although, saying that, I did see some pretty rude pregnant women too (eg in the supermarket in my 9th month, there was a couple at the priority checkout who complained about having to wait ten minutes in the queue for a BLIND woman to finish her transaction. Now the woman was NOT visibly pregnant, and she was with her partner, so she didn't have to lift anything, and the cashier DID show her where the benches after the counter (which she refused to use)...it seemed like they were just using her pregnancy to get out of the supermarket faster...maybe I'm being harsh but they were extrmemely rude!)

Good luck Knit_wit!

Well done Pippington, love the name!

How's things Ivy, have you settled into a routine yet?

Any news on Knit Wit?

Just back from GP visit. Blood pressure's fine though she thought I might have an infection from checking my urine so I've to ring back next week for test results as I may need an antibiotic.

Head is still down though not quite engaged yet.
    Plus what I thought was babs heal sticking out a couple of inches above my bellybutton is actually his bum which I was surprised at cos it feels quite bony but my GP said their bums are still quite bony at this stage. Or maybe babs is taking after his daddy, he has no backside either :-D

16 days left :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hi there,

Its looking like I'll be taking myself back to the TTC forum, test at the docs came back negative today. Most likely things just did not happen for me, slim chance I could still be pregnant but it is very very slim. Lesson learnt is all I will say!

Hope to be back to ye soon and good luck all with your pregnancies.

Hi there,

Its looking like I'll be taking myself back to the TTC forum, test at the docs came back negative today. Most likely things just did not happen for me, slim chance I could still be pregnant but it is very very slim. Lesson learnt is all I will say!

Sorry to hear this, hope we'll be seeing you back here real soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 27 parnellie

Hi there,

FunkSoulSista :I cant tell you the amount of false alarms ive had and then when i least expected it i was told i was 6wks pregnant. It will happen!

Ladies I'm now 24wks 4days. the kicks are getting stronger and stronger now my parnter can feel them its such an amazing time. I am very jealous of all the lovely glowing women with their big round bumps from like 4months i hav zilch. you wouldnt even know I am pregnant which is annoyin me. I work in a shop and people look at me like im a lazy bitch when I dont offer to help them lift their bags of spuds to the car etc. even my collegues look at me like im so lazy sittin on my arse all day at the till.

Also having a hard time sleeping. If i wake up once more bursting for what can only be described as a micro-wee i will flip out!

FunkSoulSista I'm so sorry to read that :( the only thing I will say is when I attended my GP for my first appointment to confirm pregnancy, she told me the tests they have are not as accurate/strong at reading HCG levels as the dearer home tests such as clearblue etc are.

I hope it is not long before we see you here again. My own ttc journey felt like a very long one, every month felt like 6 months. I really hope you get your bfp very soon xxx

parnellie wrote: »
    Also having a hard time sleeping. If i wake up once more bursting for what can only be described as a micro-wee i will flip out!

Great term for them 'micro-wee' :D If it's going to wake me, it could at least be worth my while :D

I work in retail also, though even though I have a big bump now, it is quite low/neat so when I'm sitting at my desk it's not always obvious (until I stand up) that I'm preggers. So I feel your pain about people looking at you like you're being lazy for not lifting stuff :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

parnellie wrote: »
    Ladies I'm now 24wks 4days. the kicks are getting stronger and stronger now my parnter can feel them its such an amazing time. I am very jealous of all the lovely glowing women with their big round bumps from like 4months i hav zilch. you wouldnt even know I am pregnant which is annoyin me. I work in a shop and people look at me like im a lazy bitch when I dont offer to help them lift their bags of spuds to the car etc. even my collegues look at me like im so lazy sittin on my arse all day at the till.

Have you thought about getting a Baby on Board badge like the ones London Transport give to pregnant women. They are small and discreet but will make it obvious why you are limited in what you can do at work. You can get them on ebay for a few euros and they'd also be helpful on busy public transport.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=baby+on+board+badge&_sacat=0

Advertisement