Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

just a couple more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Ha ha, on the Audi......
    Well done for getting that piccy...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Some pics for you to scrutinise.

I have a picture of an Aston Martin Vantage but it's 520kb so it won't accept it. How do I reduce it to 490KB? (I'm a bit of a tecno phobe :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I wonder how much in petrol it cost the guy with the Lithuanian 850i to drive from Lithuania to here?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Some pics for you to scrutinise.

I have a picture of an Aston Martin Vantage but it's 520kb so it won't accept it. How do I reduce it to 490KB? (I'm a bit of a tecno phobe :))

The easiest way is to resize the image slightly or to save it in a slightly lower quality. Download a program like irfanview. That will give you some editing options for your images.
    If your still having trouble PM me and I'll send you a step by step message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I got a spin in a DB9 last week - Does that count? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Bazman - that Audi has a twin in Galway - a Red S4 TD(red)I! Couldn't get my camera out in time to catch it!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

over the last few days Ive seen loads of , new XK8s, Astons, Bentleys & rollers (new and old), Maseratis (new and old) but the one that stuck in my mind was th S600 which went into the car park of the Beacon. Very nice.

eo980 wrote:
    The easiest way is to resize the image slightly or to save it in a slightly lower quality. Download a program like irfanview. That will give you some editing options for your images.
    If your still having trouble PM me and I'll send you a step by step message.

Thanks for that eo980 - I'll give it a go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

kbannon wrote:
    over the last few days Ive seen loads of , new XK8s, Astons, Bentleys & rollers (new and old), Maseratis (new and old) but the one that stuck in my mind was th S600 which went into the car park of the Beacon. Very nice.

What is with all the nice cars in there? All doctors?

MrP

• Advertisement

Maserati Quattroporte X 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

prospect wrote:
    Ha ha, on the Audi......
    Well done for getting that piccy...

This badging is something I never understand, to about 90% of people they wouldn't know what an S4 badge was and so the car would mean nothing to them, to the 10% who would it makes the owner look abit stupid adding it to a TDi model. It's like people adding a GTi badge to a 1.4 Golf, what's the point?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    This badging is something I never understand, to about 90% of people they wouldn't know what an S4 badge was and so the car would mean nothing to them, to the 10% who would it makes the owner look abit stupid adding it to a TDi model. It's like people adding a GTi badge to a 1.4 Golf, what's the point?:D

a guy up the road from me had a 1.4 golf with a gti badge on it, made me laugh everytime i overtook him in my 1.4 focus, another guy has a gti badge on the front grill of his 1.0l polo, how dumb can ya get?

as for the audi's i've seen loads of them, feltrim motors in ashbourne has 2 or 3 of them tdi's with an rs4 bodykit, wheels and badge, if i bought one i'd have the badge removed straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i saw a 06 bentley today, it has the reg 06-ww-666.

evil bastid that drives it lol.

it's normally around bray.

Cremo wrote:
    i saw a 06 bentley today, it has the reg 06-ww-666.

evil bastid that drives it lol.

it's normally around bray.

I've seen that car at the Terenure show. There is also another same type Bentley with the reg. 06-D-666. Devil's car! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought they would'nt issue 666 plates?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I thought they would'nt issue 666 plates?

Mike.

Two of my neighbours used to have '666' plates. :eek: They live quite close to each other. One was on a car, the other on a van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clearly I have lived under a delusion (I thought the Dept of Environment was superstitious!).

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Clearly I have lived under a delusion (I thought the Dept of Environment was superstitious!).

Mike.
    Did they withdraw HIV ?(Limerick?). In the UK they do not use controversial letters, e.g. IRA,VD, etc.

(Edit: statement of fact altered to a question after brain was jump started!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

There was a guy living locally to me had a Mazda 323 in the 80's and the reg. number was AID 5, it was a good bit before we even knew what Aids was. An undertaker I know had a hearse with the reg. number RIP 15....very suitable.:)

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote:
    I know had a hearse with the reg. number RIP 15....very suitable.:)

A fire tender in Dundalk used to have XZY 999!

I saw two private ambulances in Beaumont hospital with '999' plates!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DaRo

Max_Damage wrote:
    I wonder how much in petrol it cost the guy with the Lithuanian 850i to drive from Lithuania to here?
    I think he has gas installation like most of peeps in east europe. Its much cheaper than petrol.(about 50%).
    BTW good thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What happened the other thread? Did it get to big?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

A quick search on cartell.ie will give you reg numbers of cars with 666 as the number. Some years there is nothing according to it though.

jozi wrote:
    What happened the other thread? Did it get to big?

I was wondering the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Max_Damage wrote:
    I was wondering the same thing.
    I think all threads with >2000posts are being reviewed/trimmed...

Range Rover Project Kahn (with 22inch alloys :eek:)
    Aston Martin Vantage
    BMW 840i
    Lincoln Towncar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Jees that Range Rover looks a beast - Are the Project Kahn modifications just cosmetic or do they tinker with the engine too?

TheBazman wrote:
    Jees that Range Rover looks a beast - Are the Project Kahn modifications just cosmetic or do they tinker with the engine too?

I'm not sure - you might get some info here:http://www.projectkahn.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have photos of theat project kahn rr in the original thread... is a mod gonna merge them? why is this new one set up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement